Easy Office
LCI Learning

Result Too Low %

Page no : 18

RAKESH (Almost CA) (2199 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

Donot worry,,,, Results will come and go but your positive attitude should not go .....All the best for your future.

Rahul (CA) (1880 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

CA Final (Old Course) = 3.46%

CA Final (New Course) = 6.56%

CPT = 27.55%

the Source is not official and sure i got it from one of my frnd but seeing all replies here i think its correct

Sonia M Ketkar (B.com CA DISA(ICA) Pursuing CS)   (625 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

Hi,

I heard many people saying that if U want to secure 60+ marks in any paper U should aim to get 80-90+. I did the same thing. Useless. I never completed my costing paper in my PE2 as well as previous final attempts due to my very slow solving speed and could manage completing only 70-80% of paper. But this attempt I practiced and practiced and managed completing 95% paper. So I should get atleast 80% if it was a normal degree exam but as it was CA exam I expected 60+ but got only 42. Even if final answers are not correct my steps and theory was correct. ICAI awards max marks to steps..... rather than answers... I dont know where the marks went. Same with IDT as well as DT. Now I am very well versed with full portion of grp 2 except MICS,that even if ICAI tells me abhi answer karo I will...... But mine future results will be FAIL FAIL FAIL.............. I had told everyone that this time 99.99% chances of becoming CA............Previous attempts also I had told that chances are there.. They say that I was over confident. So thinking positive thinking makes us over confident so from right I am thinking negative...

ANIL P NAIR (Partner) (49 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

Very Interesting . Would like to hear from those passed.

Generally....what could be the reason for a low percentage? Exam becoming more "Professional" than students thought
or absolute inability to convey the expectations by the Institute? or
incompetence?

Sonia M Ketkar (B.com CA DISA(ICA) Pursuing CS)   (625 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

Last time I attempted CM of only 65 marks with full untidiness due to confusion after seeing attempt all questions compulsory still I got 41 marks. With such untidiness I managed to get 41 then now my paper is very clean apart from some scribling in Question 1 which I solved last. So there is no question of  impression of examiner being bad towards my paper.

Ricky (Article) (21 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

I'm also too upset....was expecting to clear first group

Anil Diwan (Professional) (83 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Guys i think whatever the way results are being declared are not correct or need justificatio. If result is 10% it means only 10% of students in india are capable to become CA. ITs a big question for institute to answer...........

(Guest)

There is a wide GAP between my  expected marks & my actual marks

subject Expected Actual
Cost

MICS 64 49
DT 52 44
IDT 67 49

For the past the past 2 attempts, i have never crossed 50 in any of the subjects in group 2...... this time exams were fine.... but results are shocking..... what ICAI expects from students is unpredictible....Please help.... How can I score 50+ in group2 subjects???

(Guest)
Costing me itne poor marks.... even much below standard.... kya ICAI costing ki padhai karwa raha hai??????

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Please have a look on the following : 

1. Accounting is based on transaction already entered into the business. But REPORTING part is upgraded tremendously.  Previously SME never cared about accounting standards. That is why the accounting was handled by unqualified accountants. 

2. After introduction of various Accounting standards which are amended again from time to time according to the changed scenario; the accounting is also a tough job specially for big concerns. 

They have not only to record the transactions for their purpose but also to submit various details of accounts when their cases are selected for scrutiny for tax purposes. 

3. More acquisition, mergers and amalgamation have made there in recent past by Indian Companies. Many of them have become Indian Multinationals e.g. L & T, ONGC etc. What was the turnover of these companies 15 years back; is now net profit of these companies. 

4. Each and every company which has been listed on the stock exchange is required to follow various provisions of different Acts. A thorough knowledge is required to fulfil the duties of a professional. 

5. The lacuna of the present study pattern  of most of the students is that they think that by just reading the study notes they will be able to pass the CA examinations.

6. Very few students cover the whole syllabus. Forget about revision ! When the result is fail; next time they study the same materials and expect to pass. By that time there are several amendments which are not updated by the students. The result is .......again fail. 

7. Many students don't know why they are studying a particular subject and what is its practical use in the profession in which they are engaged.

8. How many students have opened Income-Tax Rules to have practical exposure.

How many students have opened Taxmann's Master Guide to the Income-Tax ?

No coaching class even tries to say about these - why ? Because many of faculties are not practically engaged in the profession. 

9. Don't blame the results !

10. Now I ask one simple question.

How many students regularly study for 6 hours daily ?

Bring me a case who have studied regularly for 6 hours for whole period and even then he/she has failed. 

3 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

When one woman student who scored Ist Rank in PCC in 2008 and now havs scored again Ist Rank in CA Final; then surely she has  dedication towards the study and the profession.

When a blind woman student can pass CA then I am sure the ICAI is not so blind.

1 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

1. When one woman student who scored Ist Rank in PCC in 2008 and now havs scored again Ist Rank in CA Final; then surely she has  dedication towards the study and the profession.

2. When a blind woman student can pass CA then I am sure the ICAI is not so blind.

Both cases are different. 

1 Like

DT Fundas - Tarun rustagi ( Author) (1150 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

dear friends

no body is passed from our town.result is very bad this time.it is around 3.5% but congratulations TO ALL PASSED candidates.best of luck for future who are not passed this time.

regards

tarun rustagi

1 Like

CA.kaushlendra Kumar (Practic) (94 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

I m also with u. I was sure to get results(2nd Gr). Even i ve started my practice but shocked to see my results. I ve got 194 marks which is much below than my expectation. Can anyone tell me why ICAI reduces overall % of results?

CA Anuj (Chartered Accountant) (230 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

I was expecting 90 in DT but got 30. Beyond my scariest dreams. Don't how to prepare for next time. Where to improve?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: