EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Refund of Special Additional duty - notification 102/2007

Page no : 2
(Guest)
As per notification no. 102/2007 while filing the refund one has to also submit the proof of VAT/CST deposit. this means that you can claim the refund of SAD only after the final sale has taken place and VAT/CST is deposited. moreover clause e (ii) has also sought final sale invoice.

(Guest)
The Finance Ministry has issued the notification no 102/2007 for refund on SAD 4% on all goods imported for subsiquent sale. the total impact on the govt by this notification is appx 12000 crore. No guidelines were issued to commissonerates, hence there is ambiquity with importers as well as the customs Dept.

(Guest)

My name is Alphonse, we are importing regularly kids cycles and we are paying 4% SAD and also paying the VAT on the imported goods. We now request you to advice us per return, where exactly we have to approach for the refund of the SAD. We are based in Chennai.

(Guest)

I import goods from china, to kolkata and sale it in Bihar as my company is registered in bihar, I have applied for refund of 4 % aditional duty with the jurisditional officer of custom in bihar, now they say to apply at kolkata customs where i have paid the duty. can anyone clear the confusion and any notification specifying the phrase " jurisdictional officer"??

Ravi Pillay (Freight Forwarding/ CHA)   (24 Points)
Replied 05 June 2008

notification 102/2007 refund of additional duty.

want to know if additional duty paid for re-import will be refunded ???

thanks & regards

Ravi Pillay

(Guest)

Please go through the link mentioned below which explains in detail the procedure required for claiming the S.A.D.

https://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cs-circulars/cs-circulars08/circ06-2k8-cus.htm

Replied 06 June 2008

RE: notification no: 102/2007

refund of additional 4% duty

we had a re-import for which SAD was paid the said goods were sold in local market  want to know since the re-imported goods were sold in local market if we can avail duty re-fund as per the aove notification.

thanks & regards

(Guest)

If we are paying SAD 4% while importing the goods and we will not claim for SAD refund, can we sale the goods without paying VAT/Local sales tax?

In explainatory note of additional duty, It is said that this duty is imposed to countervail Local sales tax/vat. so is it means that if you pay this duty, you need not to pay local tax?

Wainting for proper responce in this regards,

Dilip

(Guest)

Special Additional Duty refund to be claimed.  Our CHA wants the Notification No. against wich such refund are to be applied.

chamatkaribaba (Practicing Indirect Tax)   (97 Points)
Replied 26 June 2008

There are some things that needs to be clear to all before going ahead to claim SAD Refund.

U can not take credit of SAD. that means, U must pay SAD first at the point of entry at customs. U must pay VAT/CST at the time of sale of the goods. And, then, U should go to claim SAD. So, it is called Refund and not taking Credit of SAD. U can not say that U have already paid SAD and do not want to pay VAT/CST. U must pay VAT/CST and go for refund.

where to apply? U should apply for SAD refund at the entry o custom where U have paid SAD. That means, if goods enter India from Kolkatta Port and U sell them in BIHAR, then, U must apply in Custom Office of Kolkatta Port.

Another thing, U must present VAT/CST bill at the time of apply. so that means, U can not claim refund on unsold goods.

Last aspect, we should be able to claim refund on re-imported goods as well after they are sold.

(Guest)

I am a importer of timber at Visakhapatnam. I came to hear about refund of Addt duty on customs recently. I want to know whether is this true or not? & also for which period can i claim refund, where to claim, what is the procedure, How long will it take for the amount to be refunded ?

In short, I am blank regarding this, i do not have any knowledge regarding this, So pls provide me information regarding this

Replied 11 July 2008

please advise if we can claim drawback on Senna Leaves and Pods

thanks &  regards

Ravi Pillay

(Guest)

WE ARE IMPORTING TIMBER AT KANDLA PORT.  I HAVE   COPY OF CIRCULAR  ABT REFUND OF AD.DUTY.BUT   I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABT REFUND PROCESS.

AS CLARIFY IN CIRCULAR ,REFUND CLAIM SHOULD BE  FOR QUARTERLY PERIOD. IF WE IMPORT TIMBER IN DECEMBER-2007 AND SELL  AFTER PAYING VAT OR CST IN FEB.AND MARCH -2008. NOW QUESTION ARISE THAT  MY   BILL OF ENTRY  IN DEC.2007 AND SELL BILL IN FEB AND MARCH 08  IN WHAT QUARTER  I CLAIM REFUND  ?

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

I would like to import machinery  for manufacture of  food products and after paying the duty amount  ( including the special additional duty  4% ) can I  take back the 4%.

Regards,

Veeresh

Raja (Computer Sevices) (0 Points)
Replied 03 August 2008

Enquiry abt SAD

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro