Easy Office
Easy Office

GSTR1 - Nil Return

Page no : 5

Divakar (Student CA Final ) (11857 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

That's why showing na first u clear ur liability.... Gstr 1 no late fee now... Now tell me

Mondira Saha (GST) (3925 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

i did practicle with my party he not pay his laibilty 3B from octuber (late fee also add on it) ... but i file his gstr 1 till november ( monthly ) .... its my practicle on my party .. you can also try it।

Replied 31 December 2017

That's what i am also asking... If u able to file then let me know also... Then its good

Replied 31 December 2017

And what about late fee of November for 11 days

Replied 31 December 2017

not show till now in his 3B when he going to file then his liability for 11 day add on there ... till now he can only view for octuber liability .... after filling octuber when he try to file november then his laibility of late fee again arise .... 820 is only for octuber not for november ...
1 Like

Padmanabhan (Others) (66 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

I got the penality for not filing GSTR3B. The late fee panality is too much. So much of money looting. This late fee will again come for november month also. 

Replied 31 December 2017

yes if you file your octuber 3b today then you have to pay 820( 410 cgst 410 sgst 41 days) after filling your 3b octuber if you file november 3b today then you have to pay 220 again for 11 days ( 110 cgst 110 sgst)

late fee for nill return 20 per day ( 10 cgst 10 sgst )
1 Like

Replied 31 December 2017

We are filing NILL RETURNS since there was no business. No business means no income. How come governemnt force a person who has no income to pay a late penality of Rs.20 per day and the fee keeps increasing as the day increases. 

Replied 31 December 2017

@ Pradmanabhan...then why u r not doing ur compliance on time rather than complaining to govt.... Just two minutes exercise and file ur gstr3b nil return... Earlier this penalty is Rs. 200 per day till September... If government didn't impose penalties no one gonna to file their return... This is ur fault and not government...

Replied 31 December 2017

And upto Rs. 20 lakh business no obligatory to take gst no... U can do business without taking gst no

Replied 31 December 2017

Be sure u file ur gstr3b of every month till next 20th upto month of march... After that u hv to file only quarterly returns

Replied 31 December 2017

@ Divakar - I agree its my fault and I am ready to pay a penality if i had an income. This is not a deal for a person who is getting income of Rs.1,00,000 per month. The flat rate of Rs.20 is not the right way. The penality should be some x% of the total sales of that particular month. 

Rs.20 per day - we are agreeing and supporting

Rs.200 per day - we are agreeing and supporting

Rs.2000 per day - still we will agree and support

Rs.20,000 per day - ???

This is called exploitation :)

Replied 31 December 2017

if you are migrated from earlier tax law and you want to surrender your gst number ... go for it form.is available on portal .... only for migrated only not for new registration in gst

Replied 31 December 2017

for nil.return rate 20 for normal return 50 per day..... late fee important in tax regime ... you have to accept it ... if you sincere on your filling return you dont have to pay any type of penalty .. gov gives you 20 days to file your 3b ... if you know you have nil 3b you have to file in time ... this is not fair to blame gov or any one else on it ... this is totally your mistake ...

Replied 31 December 2017

Originally posted by : Divakar
Be sure u file ur gstr3b of every month till next 20th upto month of march... After that u hv to file only quarterly returns

Yeah sure. I missed to file due to some reasons. I was surprised to see the penality amount in the portal.

I really appreciate Divakar and Mondira for lightning quick replies :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: