Easy Office
Easy Office

GSTR1 - Nil Return

Page no : 6

Padmanabhan (Others) (66 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

Originally posted by : Mondira Saha
for nil.return rate 20 for normal return 50 per day..... late fee important in tax regime ... you have to accept it ... if you sincere on your filling return you dont have to pay any type of penalty .. gov gives you 20 days to file your 3b ... if you know you have nil 3b you have to file in time ... this is not fair to blame gov or any one else on it ... this is totally your mistake ...

I agree that its my mistake. I am not telling that govt should not put penality. It should put penality to avoid people from failing to filie returns. My request is that the fee can be lowered for NILL returns. I would be ready to pay this Rs.820 fee or whatsoever if i had some income smiley and would defenitely not question in the forums. 

Divakar (Student CA Final ) (11857 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

Yes they keep nominal fee Rs. 20 per day for nil return now what govt can do... Filing of nil return doesn't take more than two minutes... Sorry padmanabhan ji... Now u aware of penalties... File ur return and from next time within time for late fee avoidance... If they keep nil penalty on nil return then no one gonna file return... We should hv to comply within time

Replied 31 December 2017

When u take gst no they didn't tell u that be sure u file ur return within time otherwise u should have face late fee for that

Replied 31 December 2017

Originally posted by : Divakar
When u take gst no they didn't tell u that be sure u file ur return within time otherwise u should have face late fee for that

No. I have migrated to GST from TIN.

Replied 31 December 2017

Originally posted by : Mondira Saha
if you are migrated from earlier tax law and you want to surrender your gst number ... go for it form.is available on portal .... only for migrated only not for new registration in gst

What are the pros and cons of cancelling the migration?. Right now, I am not into business. Kept it on hold due to financial problem. 

Please suggest and advice. 

Mondira Saha (GST) (3925 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

if you registered is last tax regime ( vat , service tax, cst) then you can cancle your gst reg by filling form reg 29 form available on gst portal

if you are not registered in earlier tax law and take totally new registration in gst then you have to wait cancellation form availble soon ...

Replied 31 December 2017

So if I cancel my GST, Will it be converted to TIN/VAT?. Or the entire license itself will be cancelled so next time I need to apply a fresh GST registration?. 

Replied 31 December 2017

yes after cancellation you need to apply a fresh GST number .... after cancellation of your gst reg no vat/tin ... then you treated as unregistered .....

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (128029 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

Originally posted by : Padmanabhan
So if I cancel my GST, Will it be converted to TIN/VAT?. Or the entire license itself will be cancelled so next time I need to apply a fresh GST registration?. 

Dear Mr Padmanabhan., If you are migrated dealer then you can cancel your gst registration. Also You can take new registration under GST after registration as per the Same PAN... BUT, Only Condition Before cancellation you must be settle your all liabilities if you have... Otherwise no more restriction...

Replied 31 December 2017

Thank you for your replies. It helped me. 

Just paid off the liabilities for NILL returns. Borrowed the amount and paid. This type of late fee was not there previously when it was VAT.  The main intention of the govt is to find all possible ways to swallow money by the names of penalities, late fees, etc. This is not seen only in this type of GST case but also seen in everyother govt related palces. Proud!!!

Replied 31 December 2017

In vat there is penalty of Rs. 10000 for not filing of return or late filing of return but they didn't charge it at the time of filling the return.... Later at the discretion of officer they raise demand.... Generally they don't charge it... But in law penalty is prescribed... Hope now u timely comply all the return filing... Ask from anyone if u hv not knowledge about that.... U can also surrender ur gstin

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (128029 Points)
Replied 31 December 2017

Dear Padmanabhan.,

Who is said its not in VAT...? They can't collect it that's all except VAT Audit under Form WW...

In case you ll cancel your gst Registration then you ll be file your all returns Upto date of cancellation and pay any liabilities like Output Tax*, Late Fee and Others if have...

Replied 31 December 2017

dear raja ji . in form reg 29 asked that you raise any tax invoice or not and in last msg padmanabhan said that he have only nil return... he can surrendor his gst easily। ..

Replied 31 December 2017

padmanabhan have to pay there late fee and file 3B and cancle your gstn

Replied 31 December 2017

Yes, as you said they generally don't charge. I mentioned "This type of late fee was not there previously when it was VAT".  I have also done late filing of returns of VAT. I filed a month's return some six months later with no extra fee or penality when I was doing the returns manually in sales tax office.

Now they brought everything as digital and forces us to pay. In Simple words, the submit button is disabled untill the late fee is paid. Hope the difference can be felt. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: