Easy Office
LCI Learning

English matters less..

Page no : 4

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Further your point of view is not totally wrong. You can easily survive on the basis of your knowledge level and earn true respect. But what about your confidence level to interact with the top level employees or management. 

This theory is applicable to grab top positions in corporates. If you want to continue with professional practices then your ordinary communications skills will do. 

1 Like

Thinking is Just waste of time (Corporate Accounts) (68 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

According to my view

I Hope facing the people up front is only way to gain your self Confidence..

Other wise in a dark room You have to say yourself i have self confidence , i have self confidence

Self confidence is something where you express your self in tuff situatuions as well as meeting the people speaking with them with lots of courage in you..

Other wise , If you dont have this my dear friends you are out of the race

Just watch Business Head in watch language does he communicate.. It just brings the standards nothing else...

1 Like

Replied 15 March 2010

Skill is what , The ability to do something well, usually gained through training or experience...

To do Something well first you need self confidence friends , It wont come in a overnight or through training, if it is so that is others confidence not self confidence...

Now we are moving out of the topic to Self confidence

1 Like

Replied 15 March 2010

Originally posted by : Thinking is Just waste of time
According to my view

I Hope facing the people up front is only way to gain your self Confidence..

Other wise in a dark room You have to say yourself i have self confidence , i have self confidence
Self confidence is something where you express your self in tuff situatuions as well as meeting the people speaking with them with lots of courage in you..

Other wise , If you dont have this my dear friends you are out of the race
Just watch Business Head in watch language does he communicate.. It just brings the standards nothing else...

Totally agree with you.

From the very beginning am saying that it is all about self confidence but people here not accepting. I am not against the people with not so good communication skills.

Lets take my own example: Without good communication skills it would be very difficult for me to communicate with authorities like NSE, BSE, NSDL and CDSL and with foreign investors of my company.

1 Like

Replied 15 March 2010

Further the moment satisfaction comes to your mind about anything whether it be your professional life, personal life, knowledge level ---your growth ends/stops there only.

Take an example of Mr. Amitabh Bachhan--he still says am learning the things. What does that mean? This approach/attitude is the key to his continued sussess and popularity.

2 Like

Shobha Maheshwari (M.Com CA final Student & CS final Student)   (103 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Ms. Shobha,

This is your mis-conception that in office 'only' knowledge matters. The truth is that one negative comment about your weak communication skills even from a simple trainee may destroy your knowledge confidence. You are saying this as you are far away from senior level of management and reality.

Regards

Dear Ankur Sir,

I had worked with lots of people. The truth is that one negative comment about your weak communication skills even from a simple trainee will not destroy your knowledge confidence. It will give you self confidence that in front of others you will not repeat your mistake. From our earlier mistakes we should learn & does not treat it in negative way.

Regards 

Replied 15 March 2010

Originally posted by : Shobha Maheshwari

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Ms. Shobha,

This is your mis-conception that in office 'only' knowledge matters. The truth is that one negative comment about your weak communication skills even from a simple trainee may destroy your knowledge confidence. You are saying this as you are far away from senior level of management and reality.

Regards

Dear Ankur Sir,

I had worked with lots of people. The truth is that one negative comment about your weak communication skills even from a simple trainee will not destroy your knowledge confidence. It will give you self confidence that in front of others you will not repeat your mistake. From our earlier mistakes we should learn & does not treat it in negative way.

Regards 

No no it is not a mistake but a weakness. It can not be rectified (next time) quickly like a mistake.

Further i'd like to take my words back used earlier for you "you are far away from..." as they were unnecessary and personal.

I don't want to hert anyone and am just sharing the picture of true corporate world which possess the key of quick personal growth if you have knowledge and communication skills. That's it.

Best Regards 

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

My dear friends , according to me Intelligence does not come from language.

Hard work , honesty, dedication, thinking power is the key of success.

Replied 16 March 2010

Originally posted by : CA Ravi sisodia , ACA. LCS.

Hey friend What you said all the above are true but to capitalize this, Communication is the only way , which makes understand every one commonly...

Otherwise its waste...Its like melting ice not using at right time...

Replied 16 March 2010

Hard work, Honesty, Dedication, Thiking power along with good communication skills is the real key to success.

1 Like

Replied 16 March 2010

Originally posted by : Aldrine

Not only intelligence but ALSO circumstances  play an important role for success

Fully agree with you. For proper presentation of knowledge there are certain pre-requisites and one of them is proper communication. If you are not able to convey properly for some reasons then there may be some serious problems.

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 17 March 2010

Originally posted by : Aldrine

Originally posted by : CA Ravi sisodia , ACA. LCS.

We can not tell the above r the only keys for success....if yes, every body will acquire that to become success.....

Some time above 3 will not give success............i will explain it by an incidence later.............however i will tell u to aqcuire the skills (may include Hard work , honesty, dedication etc) to perform according to the situation.

Success itself is relative ......one will see as success, then other may not agree that as success.

Dear Friends,

Communication is the only way to make understand every one commonly but it is not necessary that you should use only English Language for communication.If you want to achieve success then nothing is impossible.The only thing is that you should have practical knowledge & Experience.At present why other countries gives jobs to Indians eventhough they are not excellent in English because they know that Indians possesses knowledge & experience.Asked one question to all successful persons who are working abroad whether they were perfect in speaking English when they cleared their CA exams? Asked one question to all big industrialist when they started their businesses were fluent in speaking English? If we want to get success whether we are MBA from B-School or CA only Hardwork, honesty, dedication and thinking power are the keys of success.

Replied 17 March 2010

Ya .. But if  you watch some Nations like China , Japan, Arabian countries in Any international conference meetings they will give a speech in their own National language not in English.. ( They will be language translators available)..

But India will give the speech English not in Hindi...Why it is so if Hindi is our National Language why there are not using it???

Remember friends India has the most number of Different Languages speaking people..

1 Like

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15103 Points)
Replied 17 March 2010

In my opinion English matters more and the less...

Read this article and write your comment:

Narrowing others… making broad to himself

ragavi (Accountant) (23 Points)
Replied 17 March 2010

Originally posted by : Thinking is Just waste of time

Ya .. But if  you watch some Nations like China , Japan, Arabian countries in Any international conference meetings they will give a speech in their own National language not in English.. ( They will be language translators available)..

But India will give the speech English not in Hindi...Why it is so if Hindi is our National Language why there are not using it???

Remember friends India has the most number of Different Languages speaking people..

Am not getting .. what are you trying to say

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: