Easy Office
LCI Learning

English matters less..

Page no : 5

Raj Karnani (Chartered Accountant) (28 Points)
Replied 17 March 2010

hi everyone,

I think the discussion was a gud one on importance of communication skills. Continuing with the discussions and posting comments and replies one can improve the communication skills.

Thanks to Vikesh, for providing the article in students journal of ICAI, as he has taken the initiative to improve himself and others.

1 Like

ragavi (Accountant) (23 Points)
Replied 18 March 2010

Originally posted by : Thinking is Just waste of time

Ya .. But if  you watch some Nations like China , Japan, Arabian countries in Any international conference meetings they will give a speech in their own National language not in English.. ( They will be language translators available)..

But India will give the speech English not in Hindi...Why it is so if Hindi is our National Language why there are not using it???

Remember friends India has the most number of Different Languages speaking people..

Dear Sir ,

For your kind information there is no national language for India , But in past it was considered because of the majority  of people speak the language.

but HINDI is not the national Language of India.....

CA Nilesh Thakker (1) (112 Points)
Replied 18 March 2010

Dear All

I have a simple question for all of you who are in practice, who are in industries and who are students.

Why are you working for and why have you joined CA?

If answer is money then in todays world ""ENGLISH"" speaking should be considered as the part of life.

Suppose in practice one foreign client (managing Director of the company) approach you for due dilligent work and for this you will make good money but you need to go out of town and spend 3 to 4 days with him. In this situation if you do not have command over your english and if you can speak english only in respect of work. I think it does matter here because one need to share many things with that client, you can not only go there and start  your work you need to convince him for many times and you need to speak and share many topic other than work.

So, my point of view is that in the today's world where there is no boundary we have to have good communication skill and in INDIA good english speaker in any profession and not in business, will get sucess very fast. If I am talking about China and Japan now they also realised that good cimmunication skill in english language is must.

Mythreya (Finance IT & Accounting)   (2183 Points)
Replied 18 March 2010

Originally posted by : Nilesh

Dear All

I have a simple question for all of you who are in practice, who are in industries and who are students.

Why are you working for and why have you joined CA?

If answer is money then in todays world ""ENGLISH"" speaking should be considered as the part of life.

Suppose in practice one foreign client (managing Director of the company) approach you for due dilligent work and for this you will make good money but you need to go out of town and spend 3 to 4 days with him. In this situation if you do not have command over your english and if you can speak english only in respect of work. I think it does matter here because one need to share many things with that client, you can not only go there and start  your work you need to convince him for many times and you need to speak and share many topic other than work.

So, my point of view is that in the today's world where there is no boundary we have to have good communication skill and in INDIA good english speaker in any profession and not in business, will get sucess very fast. If I am talking about China and Japan now they also realised that good cimmunication skill in english language is must.

Yes,correct.

Please go through this thread of mine:

https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/english-does-matter-so-do-analytical-skills-but-eq-is-better-73562.asp

and also in the Articles section the article: EQ-Quotient of success for CA.

Best wishes,

Mythreya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: