Easy Office
LCI Learning

English matters less..

Page no : 2

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

1. Reasonable English does not mean poor English.

2. For passing CA, one can appear in Hindi Medium ( I already wrote).

3. A lilve example of passing CA with rank  is Vikesh. He came from Hindi medium and appeared in English Medium in CA Final. So it is proved that he prepared himself for betterment. Why people do not think about his hard work and analytical skills ? 

4. Please read my last para :

In my opinion; one should regularly develop his skills - whatever is the area - whether command over subjects or communication skills in English. This is the success key in CA profession.

5. Things will not change if one disagrees with the situation. Refer again the achievement of the person who is not so good in English.

6. Only writing skills are not required to get success. For success so many other skills are also required. If one is better in other skills; nobody can stop his success.

7. I am not in favour of poor English; repeating again. But CA can be passed with reasonable English.  

8. Vikesh not only passed but proved his excellency  that is why we are discussing here his achievements.

9. Are examiners not competent to check the answer books of CA Final?

1 Like

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Same weak defences as expected.

Reasonable english is nothing.

I would request to all my CA CS CWA friends to keep the standard and your thinking high and don't be satisfied with reasonable english. Work hard and observe carefully the environment around.

Best Regards

Ajay kumar (assistant) (481 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

I Know lots of C.A in my City . Who  Can not Speak or even write english . But they are well settled in their Professinal Life.  And fluency in english may be possible only when  there are Environment among candidate . Today when i go to Lot of Company even mnc they used a combination of hindi and english  In india there is not a good external environment  to get fluecy in english . Any one can take example of Senior Doctor in india . There english Speaking is also not so goood. So what they are not  able to give right treatment.

1 Like

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Look, in today's newspaper.., there was a data regarding LANGAUGES spoken in INDIA...

Hindi, as usual, was at the top.. But on second it was not urdu, but ENGLISH....

So friends, i think ENGLISH too is necessary...

As ankur sir correctly said that it boosts ur own confidence....

2 Like

Mukund Patel (Student) (477 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

I agree

CA PRAVEEN KESHAV (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (331 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

english is very important for the corporate level ...........we r handicapped without the english and good communication in the world of corporate.........

Thinking is Just waste of time (Corporate Accounts) (68 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

According to my view.. English plays a vital role in every body's profession ..may not have happend in the past but in future it will ...

Think this , In normal mnc company for getting selected in finance back end job...There are lots of communication ang grammer checkings.

But in some instances when we have the other knowledge other than the English knowledge you can survive but when you grow or develop your career English is must in current Trend..I saw some msg that this senior has succed in his life but he dosent have enough english knowledge..

Here is a small well known english quote::

If you cant obey the rule

Just follow it

Go to the top and Change it...They went to TOP and changed it

Think about the future and Decide.. because past is past...

1 Like

Replied 15 March 2010

Originally posted by : Aldrine

Command over language is directly connected with confidence. Not only or us, others also get a confidence feeling when communicate properly.

Please make a broad mind. Give up the narrow mind like nationality, regional languages,ruling by Britan......

As a professional we have to think professionaly.If all are using English as commercial language, then we have to also.Otherwise we will be in the waste basket since not updated.

Accept good things which is helpful for our development.

200% agree. Atleast thinking should be positive. Come out the trap of reasonable english. If you are aware of reality and think positively than you will 100% succeed.

Believe me friends it is directly connected with your confidence and you can do thousand times better in your professional life.

Ajay kumar (assistant) (481 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Command over the language depend  also on  Candidate. I Belong to U.P Board since 12. After that i give exam of B.com from Hindi Medium,. After that i give my cpt in english and achieved 61%. I also clear one group with 56 % in first attemp of pcc and failed  only in it and sm .

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Agree With CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA Sir, But Good Command in English is Must.........

1 Like

Thinking is Just waste of time (Corporate Accounts) (68 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

English is also a kind of license Where you know how to drive but without it license you cant drive.. You will have fear or your stopped there (career) and you are wasting your time with the police explaning them that you know to drive exceptionally ( your knowledge)...

You can escape from them many times untill they catch you..

Similarly if you know english you will have extra confidence to face any situation friends...

2 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

The real matter of discussion should have been how Vikesh got distinction despite his "local" English.

Some "hidden treasure" could be found.

Thanks all who critically commented on my views.

Note : Attend some CA seminars and then judge how many CAs have excellent (even above average) communication skills in English and despite that they are successful !  I am in favour of  learning something regularly - refer  my profile.

There may be difference of opinions, but it happens with Supreme Courts judges also on a particular case although all supreme court judges are superb in their field. 

1 Like

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

A reasonable knowledge of English is sufficient.

If one can understand your views expressed in English; it is sufficient for success. 

It does not mean that I am in favour of poor English. 

For CA, as rightly said by Aldrine, analytical skills is a must.

Otherwise those who are excellent in English Literature must be found at the top level of the Corporate World !

If you give lecture in ornamental English; nobody will listen because it is not understood by mass.

Practically we see on TV that most successful persons are not so excellent in English. 

For CA an expert knowledge about the subject is a must which comes from practical exposure.

In my opinion; one should regularly develop his skills - whatever is the area - whether command over subjects or communication skills in English. This is the success key in CA profession.

100 % agree with surendra sir.

Replied 15 March 2010

If one can not understand your views expressed in English; than it is his/her bad luck or misfortune.  Poor other person who failed to understand you.

2 Like

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

If one can not understand your views expressed in English; than it is his/her bad luck or misfortune.  Poor other person who failed to understand you.

In pushkar were even vendors  talking in english with foreign tourist. they are not experts in english but they can sell their products to foreign tourist by speaking english. 

So its not important to expert in english but u should have the expertise in selling ur product.
Even 60 years old person wearing dhoti & kurta is able to speak in english with foreigners only to sell his product , he is not expert in english but able to sell his products.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: