Easy Office
Easy Office

Download : CA Final : Cost Accounting (OLD COURSE) Slight lendhy

Page no : 3

Parthasarathy.T.J (Student) (28 Points)
Replied 13 November 2009

Can any one help me to do/to understand  the Problem 4 (a)

Area occupied by A1 is 250 and yield per acre is 50 tons which means A1 yield is 12500 tons(250*50), whereas as per question the company needs to produce 2000 tons only.

Is there any missing info about key factor in the problem.

Kindly clarify me.

C.A. Jignesh N. Mehta (C.A.) (1030 Points)
Replied 13 November 2009

Mr parthaswamy T J , i also have the same query ???????????????

can any one solve the problem

sumit (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (479 Points)
Replied 13 November 2009

please tell me how much was weightage of or in new course costing paper??????????

Kunal (n.a) (52 Points)
Replied 13 November 2009

Guys evn i attemptd 70 marks paper..nvr tried to attempt 1stQT evn though c part was manageable..bt simulation was also lengthy...theory though was easy..bt real shock was tht thr was no TP, more marginal qts, no transportation,..

Kunal (n.a) (52 Points)
Replied 13 November 2009

Guys evn i attemptd 70 marks paper..nvr tried to attempt 1stQT evn though c part was manageable..bt simulation was also lengthy...theory though was easy..bt real shock was tht thr was no TP, more marginal qts, no transportation,..dnt knw wats gonna happen in MICS

Kapil (CA Practice) (120 Points)
Replied 13 November 2009

if anyone ve any probs in pcc, ipcc- cost, fm; final- mafa , costing, can contact at  kapilkumar_ca @ yahoo.com

Harish Swaminathan (Sr. Application Support Analyst)   (179 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

Many of you are talking about TP, Assignment and Transportation. But if you have studied the past question papers and the trend you can see that TP was asked both in Nov 08 adn June 09. So it can surely be skipped. I diid the same thing and skipped TP. Didn't waste time on it. I prepared in a planned way. Studied ABC, Target costing, Standard Costing, QT and theory. Thus i was able to recogonise problems.

The (1-a) ABC question was Nov 2004 question with TP as a part of it. I don't know how TP and ABC go hand in hand. I have never seen such a problem in my classes or the suggested. Others are straight questions. With regards to 5-a I have seen it in SP book under Theory of Constraints. 5-b was the only question i missed. Others i have done partly. The institute can't expect us to solve a simulation problems like this when the first problem itself eats away our time.

With regards a query about the A1, A2, B1, B2 problem, for the second sub part, I think we have to calculate sales value for 2000 (for A1 and A2) and 1800 (for B1 and B2) and calculate variable cost by taking the per ton cost (which should have been calculated in the previous part itself) and then multiply it for getting the contribution. About FC apportionment No idea. This may be wrong but this is what I thought and this onlys truck me when i was doing the sum. If anyone knows the solution, then please share with us after all the exams are over.

But overall this paper was not satisfactory for all the students. The paper setters must think of the time that we can devote for the questions and then set the papers.

The reason, in my eariler post I said we have to attend for 100% is bcoz in my frist attempt in Nov 08, I attended for only 75 marks but got 40. I left the theory part completely and thought that having done the problems well  could get 60 easily as i am strong in doing sums. But I lost that exam in aggregate. In June 09, Performance down. I thought 40 will be achieved.But got 33. So my thought was if I attend for 75 or 80 I will end up getting 40. So go for the kill and we may get 50 or so (considering the step marks).

piyush (ca final ) (83 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

its too lenghty to handle in 3 hr.and wats use of easiness of paper whn u cann't attempt full

Surendra Agarwal (MANAGER FINANCE AND BUSINESS PLANNIN)   (289 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

please upload pcc cost suggested for nov-09

CA Vipul (Practicing CA) (90 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

Thanks..............

CAKINGOFKINGS (STUDENT) (82 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

regarding query

i believe it to be there for confusing only. but the next question was intelligent where we have to find contribution per acre & then cultivate b2(having highest contri per acre) would give around 4000+ something profit.

karan mahale (Student) (24 Points)
Replied 15 November 2009

the ABC problem was from previous exam was quite simple only the target cost was added in it. .

simulation was the lenghest problem as compared the marks alloted to it.

CA Madhukiran Reddy (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (12714 Points)
Replied 17 November 2009

easy

Meenakshi (C.A.Final Student) (99 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

it was easy , but for that we did not had time

it was like giving something by one hand taking off the same by the other hand.

we knew but coulndt complete

on a other point , it was like they removed choice but gave the same number of questions by inteligently reducing marks per question.

i am really upset the way the paper setter set the paper. he must have thougght about time angle too. afterall he has experience .

RS (Capital Markets) (100 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

I was able to attempt only of 70 marks that too at many place not given working notes, made sill errors.

Damn lengthy papers. Hatss off who had attempted all the questions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: