Easy Office
LCI Learning

Are you happy with CA system as it is now?

Page no : 4

vikram (student) (184 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

Excellent View By Vidhyashkar...

harini (CA Final Student) (119 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

on completion of 100 hrs ITT (a year ago) , v were askd to give feedback on how each teacher is, r v comfortable with the class timings, did v find it useful, complaints, suggessions n more... my frenz n i said in dat watever was true n wat needs to be changed. this kind of feedback was n is being received frm every batch of students... but i dont find any change... where r our voices thrown into?

Rock (student) (1518 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

They dont check each and every complaint  .Because as i was experienced once . When i was registered for P.E -1 in the year of 2005, i didn't get my registration no. Letter till before two months of exams . I called to ICAI branches they told to call another branch ...like that they did so much stuff..     .At last i got my registration no. by Newsletter of ICAI...in which they had mentioned my Registration no. 

But responses through email ids are very fast ..this is truth ...they will give reply very fast i mean with in hours

CA Gaurav Gupta (Practice) (307 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

ya there is nothing wrong in current scheme except ban on artic.

CA Garima Pahuja (Recently Qualified) (113 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

I think everything is wrong with the system. I have wanted to do CA since when I was 13. And it is so very different now from what is was back then. But sadly, not all the changes have been good. I had to go through hell, along with my batchmates just because after clearing the first ever CPT, we were called 'schoolchildren'and treated as office furniture rather than willing students. Moreover, it was so confusing to juggle articleship, an evil boss and relentless professors at the coaching institute. Resulting in having achieved nothing and now I am at a point where I might just give up my dream because I feel so disheartened. If only the institute had the foresight of giving us a 9 month study period and orientation programmes, maybe things would have been different. I don't mean to mope, but all these changes have given me a feeling of having wasted 3 very important years of my life.

vinayagamoorthy (profession) (15 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

Sir,

Old is gold. It is proverb.

Same old system is best system in all student. Who have passed the B.com courses can joined Article Clerk.Whenever will complete the exame no duration. The student who can stuff can  pass within three years or after years. Old system is very low cost. Poor people and talented people joined and completed the exame. Now a days fees is year by year incresing the fees abnormally. ie- last december-2008 cpt application cost is Rs. 300 now its Rs.600/. who will ask. Indian Pattern is very good pattern in world. not now in past years.Poor student how will join the course. Our Institute what procedure to follow the system in fees structure and pattern system.Our institute will change the old system. New system is equal to all degree and +2 students. B.com is not a qualification. Our Institute not consider for degree in all university.Because +2 student and Graduates will attend the cpt is mandatory. Here our Institute did not considered degree certificate they are only cosidering the money not qualification.

I think icai change the system in frequently. In past years changed 3 times in examination pattern. I think the changes is inconvenient for all student. The student how can select the pattern and how continued to the examination .Students how and which pattern will be continued the examination.

Vidhyashankar (CA) (1292 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

Originally posted by :garima pahuja
" I think everything is wrong with the system. I have wanted to do CA since when I was 13. And it is so very different now from what is was back then. But sadly, not all the changes have been good. I had to go through hell, along with my batchmates just because after clearing the first ever CPT, we were called 'schoolchildren'and treated as office furniture rather than willing students. Moreover, it was so confusing to juggle articleship, an evil boss and relentless professors at the coaching institute. Resulting in having achieved nothing and now I am at a point where I might just give up my dream because I feel so disheartened. If only the institute had the foresight of giving us a 9 month study period and orientation programmes, maybe things would have been different. I don't mean to mope, but all these changes have given me a feeling of having wasted 3 very important years of my life. "

Garima,

Though Im voceiferous on what ICAI should not do or is currently doing; on a personal level,Ifeel that one should not entertain defeatist thoughts.Never say "everything is wrong".Yeah, "everything is wrong"but what can be done at a person level? what can be done at a community level?

At a personal level, you have to work out strategies to clear and come out.

Never say you wasted your life.It depresses you.It is all part of a greater learning curve(ultimately you will learn this concept of "learning curve" in CA Final OR).

Concentrate on what is positive, what can be done,etc

What are the positives?

1. When you clear CA, YOU ARE ON TOP OF THE WORLD(Rather you should be unless you are a pereneilly pessimistic type of person)

2. CA affords great self-discipline and grit, a kind of analytical thinking, value for/of hardwork, planning skills and practicality which no other course can give.

3. You become a professional.

4. You can go abroad, work abroad using CA qualification--From Gulf to even USA.

5. You command respect in the society.

The above are tangible benefits which you get from this course.Concentrate solely on these and surge ahead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iqbal and Harini,

Yes, the complaints are useless.I know how the system works in ICAI from top to grass-roots level.They simply dont care.

There is a file where they put your complaints.Even if you send an email, they take a printout and store it in one file.The file at the end of the annual period is given a cursory glance and then thrown in the dustbin or shelved, never to be seen again.

The proper way is to talk, going into the ICAI with a proper dress.I normally go there with a 3 piece suit and highly polished american accentuated English and I find that the people there then respect me.I use all psychological devices, right from giving my elaborate business card to the scent which I use.I maintain a class, but then again, Im also a member, so I easily command respect there(apart from the fact that I generously donate amounts to some funds).These all would find better response.

Use psychological devices to get responses.You might have all sorts of emotional feelings but then who doesn't? They will yawn there and tell "Ok you have a better story, tell me, else go, I have my cup of tea with krackjack buscuits to eat!"(They might not exactly say thus but their faces depict such a stance.

So, it is all how we approach strategically.One must learn to be a Suntzu + Chanukya put together to win this world.However, have the heart of buddha(this is where many lose out!).

Aum,Ameen,Amen!

Replied 15 June 2009

Originally posted by :Aisha
" May be these students should learn from somethin that is happenin in IRAN rt now.. get together and come on street.. "

Incidentally, being half-parsi, my ancestors come from Iran!Im happy the students there have woken up from the Islamic oppression there.The precepts of Holy Quran have been upheld in a true fashion by these rebellious students.Bismillah!

Rock (student) (1518 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

yes sir....what u said is correct ....psychological devices should be used....

As i suffered earlier due to lack of fluency in engilsh ...now some what better than before....so responding some what better by ICAI...

robin (student) (38 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

Hi,

I think too much of regulation leads to more and more malpractices and thats exactly the case with the current C.A system.

Why the hell we need to work only under a C.A? WHy cant we have a campus placement  for articleship rather than wait for three years to be wasted?

I was previously working in a medium sized CA firm and currently working in M&A sector with a renowned consulting firm, so I very well see the difference in me. Something needs to be done .

CA insitute thinks only about its memeber and not about its students. This is very clear from the ban they have placed on the transfer of students.

Anyways it was nice to see all of you voicing your opinion

Cheers,

Robin

Replied 15 June 2009

Originally posted by :robin
" Hi,
I think too much of regulation leads to more and more malpractices and thats exactly the case with the current C.A system.
Why the hell we need to work only under a C.A? WHy cant we have a campus placement  for articleship rather than wait for three years to be wasted?
I was previously working in a medium sized CA firm and currently working in M&A sector with a renowned consulting firm, so I very well see the difference in me. Something needs to be done .
CA insitute thinks only about its memeber and not about its students. This is very clear from the ban they have placed on the transfer of students.
Anyways it was nice to see all of you voicing your opinion
Cheers,
Robin
"

It works like this

1. CAs need you guys for cheap labour.If they recruit from market they got to pay through their noses and also they can't abuse them verbally.The guy or gal unless desperate would say "F! @ # off" and go but as a student you cant say anything but endure it.This is the strategy, howsoever sweet the ICAI or members in India put it.

2. This is the reason for the ban on tarnsfership.The Institute also says informally that dummy is what made them go thus against the students.Why not against members? Dummy is possible only due to collusion of members and students.Why has there been no action against members?

3. Artcile system is a self-perpetuating system introduced by the British F! @ #$ers who ruled our country.They wanted to keep a generation of Accountants and dedicated clerks working for them and we still follow that dinosaur and not lose sight of it and rationalize it with our intelligence rather than thinking out of the box,across the box and beyond boxes laterally.

4. Even Im against the very concept of working under a CA and learnign something.An average student gets abused and nothing else.Just cheap labour.(These curses will do nothing good on a spiritual level too to the profession, if you believe in spirituality and God ie.,)

5. I would suggest keeping articleship for 1.5 years after CA exams are over.(or after a certain stipulatd time is given for them to study and clear) and also keep cumplusory classes.

6. Campus reruitment as you say is a FANTASTIC idea but which companies would take fresh CPT passouts? This is to be seen.If the guy or gal has cleared all exams, then there would be some sense inviting companies to the campus and then the 1.5 years can be done in liason with ICAI.

7.Each time I lash out against ICAI, Im not lashing out at the white walls or auditoriums or Halls of our institute but the people at the helm of affairs.(Chariman of ICAI must be in seat to do something constructive like 4 years minimum and must be elected properly seeing the person's standing.One year chairman's do something and then the next person does the exact opposite.Lot of personal grudges are there and egos are paraded.t is all pathetic)

Fight it out, students, EDUCATE ALL, ORGANIZE AND THEN AGITATE.Follow these 3 steps.Without educating students on what their rights are, what is really going on,etc--no student will have a clue and they keep suffering inside and silently.

Without organizing, no squat can be done, except cribbing "Oh how bad the system is and how it sucks!"Yeah it sucks, but what are you gonna do about it? Im a member and have certain limitations but you are students, you can shake the very foundation and the way this course is handled.

Agitate--this does not mean throw stones on the buildings or go on rallies on streets.Nay! not this kind of agitation.I mean legal devices,representations,etc.

E-->0--->A

Educate--->Organize--->Agitate!

GURVINDER SINGH (ACCOUNTS MANAGER) (231 Points)
Replied 15 June 2009

Nothing is wrong with current system

Replied 15 June 2009

Originally posted by :gsa
" Nothing is wrong with current system "

Haha! ROFL!

Good, Can you elaborate, how why nothing is wrong,giving examples,statistics,etc.?

First start with an introduction about yourself a bit(whether you are a member or a student-gsa Doesn't help us much.Need not reveal any name.), then if you are a student how is your firm treating you and do you think all are happy.

Replied 15 June 2009

Thanks for giving me such sound advice. I am in no way a defeatist. I know the immense possibilities available after becoming a CA. And as for being able to work abroad, I grew up in SIngapore watching people look at my dad with awe and amazement because he is a CA! And that was what motivated me the most. But having given a second attempt, I wonder if I can justify to myself having devoted so many years to CA. I have seen people giving countless attempts. So where does it really stop? God forbid, if I fail again, Should I gracefully accept my defeat? And I am absolutely not being a pessismist here. Just trying to evaluate my options and present condition objectively.

Replied 15 June 2009

By the way, I really like your idea of Educate, Organize and Agitate. What I feel is that the agitation is there amongst the students. It just needs to be constructively directed in a manner to be heard loud and clear, so that the institute would sit up and take notice.They need to witness a united front on our part to be motivated into some action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro