Easy Office
LCI Learning

Are you happy with CA system as it is now?

Page no : 6

rajumithra.c.s.inter (student) (46 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :varsha
"

I think the present CA System is outdated. All the rules are made in favour of The Chartered Accountants. There is no separate committee for students grievances which are by the way is increasing instead of diminishing. The rules related to articleship timings are not being followed by majority of the firms. The articles are paid very less and they work according to the whims and fancy of the CA and they have to bear the brunt of his anger as they have no other choice. If the timings mentioned were actually adhered to , most of the articles would actually fininsh their articleship period in one and a half years maximum. So what is the actual point of the rules? These are my views being an actual victim of the above mentioned circumstances.

"

Vidhyashankar (CA) (1292 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :Priya
" yes iqbalji u r right not allauditorscan belike vidhyashankar but most of them are very bad my auditor even slapsme and looks wt me in ugly way as if he is going to eat me...im sick and crying...why he behave so?i dunt know doesnt he have daughters or motherorsister? if i give complaint will icai take action why this ban on transfership?if too much i leave this course and go...myselfrespect important mereliye.. "

I have given a reply to your comment in the other thread please peruse it.

vaibhav jain (Articed Clerk) (51 Points)
Replied 23 June 2009

The CA system is very well drafted by ICAI, but the Institute fails to execute its own system in desired way as it wants. For the purpose of imparting adequate knowledge to next generation of CAs.... 

Our Prestigious institute should control its registered members first regarding articleship of students as they are the only source avaliable for providing Practical Knowledge to students.  

ICAI should lay down "STRICT" guidelines regarding "DURATION FOR ARTICLESHIP". Guidelines Must Restrict members to misuse articles..

I suggest the period of Articleship should be restricted to 2 years which is more than sufficient to nourish a student to become a brilliant CA.

vaibhav jain (Articed Clerk) (51 Points)
Replied 23 June 2009

The CA system is very well drafted by ICAI, but the Institute fails to execute its own system in desired way as it wants. For the purpose of imparting adequate knowledge to next generation of CAs.... 

Our Prestigious institute should control its registered members first regarding articleship of students as they are the only source avaliable for providing Practical Knowledge to students.  

ICAI should lay down "STRICT" guidelines regarding "DURATION FOR ARTICLESHIP". Guidelines Must Restrict members to misuse articles..

I suggest the period of Articleship should be restricted to 2 years which is more than sufficient to nourish a student to become a brilliant CA.

sumit (CA student) (203 Points)
Replied 29 June 2009

Originally posted by :R.Kani Amudha
" Hi!
Thanks for coming out with such a topic.
First of all, about the 3-1/2 years articleship - while the idea of practical training while you study is good, the actual situation, i mean the ground reality is not all that good. I am enumerating here the reasons:-
1. There is a subject called Auditing which says "Every entry in the books should be supported by a Voucher"
I do vouching as per Vouching chapter, but my principal, instead of adressing the irregularities, is asking me to pass some more bogus expense entries so that his DEAR client need not pay any tax.
"Auditors are professionals" - YES but in commiting master frauds.
Now what am I supposed to learn from this kind of practical training??
(Please dont justify this. A mistake is a mistake even if GOD does it and dont say no against your conscience.)
Though everybody knows this (including Mr. VidhyaShankar) they will cover it up and say CA is the noblest profession.
Dont insult the word Noble yaar.
2. What is the point in doing the same kind of work for 3-1/2 years - vouching, reconciliation, confirmation, valuation,  & tax? This lengthy period can be reduced or we could be put on different
kinds of training, say, industrial visits, project work, checking and understanding how banks and insurance companies work (I mean the compliances & not every day functioning),  govt funding, and many other innovative forms of training.
3. The work leaves us with little time to study.

Secondly, the ban on the transfer. Isn't it so aristocratic? If I join a firm and  I find that I dont like it or it doesnot have much work, and I am a kind of person who want to do lot of work & learn as much as possible, I would obviously want to shift, then, whats wrong in transfer? Imagine working in a firm for 3-1/2 years with little learning and little work, is that not waste of time? It is a form of curtailing the little freedom we had.
Thirdly, the stipend. very very less, Just to make up for the conveyance from home to office. Thats all. I know my MBA friends (Madras University) who went for internship during their last 6 months of study and got stipend as high as Rs.15000 p.m. Do we do any kind of lesser work? Why not we be better paid? And if I go by Management terminology, thats motivation for work.
Lastly many of the principals, who are supposed to teach us, have not updated their knowledge withthe latest changes, developments and amendments taking place. Among those I have seen and heard, many of the auditors dont know e-filing (only seniors know), to be worse, some even dont know the latest income tax slab rates and provisions, etc. etc. They are happily settled, somehow passed, got some well-paying clients, found some tiring Articles and stopped there, no updation of knowledge. (I am not saying all are like that, but many whom I have seen and heard, especially the medium sized firms are this way, If u bet on this, I will give you the names and addresses of such auditors, you can interrogate them and confirm for yourself) Now what should we learn from them?
(The only thing I have learnt is "Not to be like them")

"

Subhendu S Sanyal (B.Com(C.S.),CA FINAL ) (666 Points)
Replied 18 July 2009

NO CONSISTENCY...RARLIER INTERMEDIATE...THEN PE-II ...THEN PCC....NOW IPCC....

A LOT OF CONFUSION AMONG TRANSITION ESP. IN PE-II STUDENTS...PE-II ARE REALY LIVING IN A SCARY STATE OF MIND...ALL IN THE HANDS OF ICAI...HOPE THE PE-II RESULTS ARE FINE....Oh..GOD !..PLS HELP...

(Guest)

I think in order to reduce the work burden of the Articled Assistants the ICAI should make a criteria for the minimum number  of Audit  Staff(apart form Articled assistants)  in the audit firms based on the no: of audits they have. This will solve the following problems:

1. The Students will not be Over burdened with work
  2. They will also get a good guidance  from the audit staff in the intial period of training.

Sandeep Ramankutty (Auditor) (163 Points)
Replied 20 July 2009

the new ca system is really a draconian rule iposed by members.i came to know about a CA office in my place.there the students who wanted to convert into ipcc were not allowed to do the same by the partners.moreover, the partners are trying to destroy the morale of students by making complaints against them..let me ask.who do they think they are?

CA NISCHAL (Business) (35 Points)
Replied 21 July 2009

01. Strict action against Dummy Articleship.

02. Need to expand the scope of work alloted to article student.

03. Need to change the approach of conducting examinations...such as introduce Multiple choice questions and Negative marking upto CA Final.

04. An article student should not be allowed to register himself at any of his close "Relatives"....keeping curb on dummy articleship.

05. Stipend should be paid on performance basis, with upper and lower monetary limits.

06. The timing of CA exams should not clash with Statutory dates such as in case of November exams always being immediately after 31st October. 

07. Members in practice should be allowed to keep more articles as per their requirements.

08. Use of ENGLISH language as a medium of communication to be made compulsory at office work place- Both for the article as well as for the Member / CA. 

09. Results to be declared within 30 days of examination, which would give more time for students to prepare for exams, in case he/she flunks.

10. Making CA course a two-year programme..3.5 years is too long. It's a T-20 era.

Mayank Ahuja ("Learner") (586 Points)
Replied 25 July 2009

There is no value of Debate...........

Unless nd until We form a Group nd Protest against Wrong things.......

Warna Every1 sayz "Jaisa ho raha hai hone do yaar...akela main nahi hun aur sab bhi fasse pade hain, hum kyun lafde mein pade, kuch ho to sakta nahin.."

Come Forward & Raise voice........

Dont say U start First then I...etc....

After all We Read Fundamental Rights.........................................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro