EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

WHY? STUDENTS R TAKING DUMMY ARTICLES...?

Page no : 4

SREEJITH.T (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (49 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

And the membership of ICAI of which you are supposedly so proud about, Well, you guys are nothing in comparision to the level of professionalism maintained by ICSI & ICWAI. All you have is an Act Of PArliament and monopoly in signing false financial statements which helps you guys mint money. ..............

All we students want are careers, training. Every student here is willing to work hard ( In the right direction )... If the older generation cannot guide the younger generation and expolits them, Well then I am sorry to say, There is a limit to everything...... Even my CA has exploited my like anything...... I have had enought of it... Abuses, long working hours, insufficient exam leave ( Even when I had extra leaves ), bias towards own son / daughter, etc........................

Hi

The above quote from your writeup require some more clarification I think.

1. If you feel that the ICAI member are lacking preofessionalism, why on earth you joined for this course. Are your brains switched off at the time of making the decision?

2. Just because you are not able to mint money, dont be jealous.

3. With this kind of attitude , if a person ever becomes a member of the ICAI, it will be shame on other members and ICAI.

4. This is not a forum to share your individual / personal frustrations. Your boss exploited you. Why? You dont have to guts to tell him it is wrong? Were you not able to get a better place [ the rule banning transfers have come just last week] . If you were not able to find a better place.. either it could be your inefficiency. of lack of potential that other were not willing to accept you.

5. The picture seems you are a man. Act like a Man. Dont just nag on your boss or his son or his daughter or practicing members in large or the institute. Show them you were able to overcome all the obstacles.

Krunal Raichura (Financial Advisory) (2134 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

Sreejith Sir - You are right, ICAI has not invited anyone to join their course.

However, also consider the following -

I passed CPT in Nov 2006. The results were out in December. 67% students passed. That time, ICAI had a limit on number of articles that can get registered under a partner. This was the biggest hurdle that time. In all good firms, the limit was already met as the passing percentage in pe2 was approx 20-25%. A time had come when me and my friends were left with no choice but to join any firm as our last date of registration had come. The ICAI increased the limit in the month of August and by that time, another two batches of CPT students had already passed. The things were even more difficult for the other two batches after Nov 06. Big 4 and even the smallest of firms didn't show any inclination to take CPT students.  Under these circumstances, we had no choice but to beg.

I would have had no issues if the recruitments on good firms would have been on merit basis, I am not saying that they should consider only academics, but a fair chance to prove the capabilities could have been given. But, the number of seats under merit basis are very less as most of the students come from client side or internally. So when you mentioned that if a person would have been capable he would have got into good firm.......I think you should have specified that capability by mentioning that it is terms of good contacts.

After the notification, there were some openings in good firms, but then ICAI rules earlier said that transfer is possible only by mutual consent or death of principal. If there is no mutual consent then what to do? ICAI doesn't know that or it has not bothered to think about the implications of not sepcifying the answer to this question. If there is no mutual consent should a student wait for the death of his principal or should he go and kill him, should he pray for his death or the other option left is to give up his fundamental rights and work with that principal even if he is not interested even if he is unwilling to. There is always a possibility that I may join a firm and after sometime say a year or so, I may just not feel like continuin there. But then ICAI feels that students are not human beings and now they have made transfers even more difficult.

If I join a firm today, and after a year I dont feel like working there, I am just not interested. What will I do? My parents are not shifting anywhere. Does that mean I work with that principal even if I am not interested? This is not done. It is a challenege to the fundamental rights.

If you and ICAI are saying that only those students should do CA who will willingly accept the above rules, then I think we need to scrap ICAI and derocgnise it and other institutes who consider students as human biengs and who consider the students as the citizens of this country and respect their fundamental rights...their members should be allowed to sign financials.

Koolleo 87 -

I have also worked in a small firm and I know what thousands of students are going through.  You may protest against the ICAI rules of transfer, we all would do so. If your employer is unprofessional and exploits you, then it is a serious issue. But, I dont think it is right on your part to say that ICAI members are unprofessional and they beg in front of IT dept. Some may be doing so but not all. 90% of the ICAI members are in Industry. You are taking a very micro view to comment on macro picture. These 90% of the guys dont have to be unprofessional nor do they have to beg in front of IT Dept.

tanuja........... (pcc student) (571 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

to sreejith..

y ur way of expression is like that... "article students are using the words please and sir with in every two words between..." .. the CA'S also doing the same in clients office and with IT officers.. dont u know that..?

one more thing when we decided to do CA at that time old scheme is there.. after PE-II we have to do articles.. suddenly the scheme is changed.. but we joined bcoz we saw the working hours.. which 35hrs per week... but practically its not going.. not in 1 or 2 firms.. in most of thefirms like that only... for some students there is noo stipend at all..  before the joining hw can we know that firm is good... before using ur words be carefull...

(Guest)
MR. Sreejith, you are a chartered accountant, relly?? but i think u live in a dreemy world. Not others but yourself is a shame for our course. You are good for nothing. Just thinking of world through your own experience.......PLEASE come out of ur virtual world........... and see......... the real picture....what is happening to students, how they are trated in their firm. Their ca is taking undue advantages........... Tell me..... How can students come to know that their ca is going to exploit them in future??.........We are not astrologers yaar...........Anyway..... concluding part is that...... I THINK AFTER BECOMING CA YOU HAVE LOST YOUR BRAIN........ AND THATS TRUE....EVEN IF YOU DENY IT..!
1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :tanuja...........
" to sreejith..
y ur way of expression is like that... "article students are using the words please and sir with in every two words between..." .. the CA'S also doing the same in clients office and with IT officers.. dont u know that..?

one more thing when we decided to do CA at that time old scheme is there.. after PE-II we have to do articles.. suddenly the scheme is changed.. but we joined bcoz we saw the working hours.. which 35hrs per week... but practically its not going.. not in 1 or 2 firms.. in most of thefirms like that only... for some students there is noo stipend at all..  before the joining hw can we know that firm is good... before using ur words be carefull...
"

I completely agree with you Tanuja..... The real practial world is the same as u said... I also used some arogant words for sreejith, but i lost my tempre by reading his posts. sorry for that...
1 Like

Replied 10 April 2009

Mr.Krunal

You are right. There is no begging before that IT Department.

Regarding ICAI Student transfer rules, Lets hope that they will amend it to make it acceptable to students.  Memorandums are said to be given to the Institute, lets hope they will consider it positively.  Infact the question here was why people are taking dummy articleship. I dont how it got diverted.

Goodluck to you Krunal

To Ms.Tanuja

You read my post once again, and try to understand properly, why I was mentioning that. Calling Sir is not an offence or a sign of weakness. But when it is used by Hypocrats, It is disgusting.

What you have to understand is no CA is treating his article as a slave. Dont have such a thinking in your mind. There may be exceptions. But genaralsing the exceptions is wrong. dont you feel that.

and for your information I use my words only after thinking about the after effect properly.

Goodluck to you.

Replied 10 April 2009

Mr. Karan

Read the topic from the first post of Ms. Tanuja..........and then you reply.

Replied 10 April 2009

to sreejith...

i read ur post not once.. ok.. u said that sitting a side and all that.. indirectly u said that.., they r pleasing the CA's for articles... by all ur articles.. just u r justifying that,90%students are low... how canu do that..? i think u r a CA.. EVEN U BECAME THE CA AFTER UR STUDENT LIFE.. dont forget that... no one need to invite us.. its our life.. we have to choose what we like and want.. may be ur firm is good.. i dont know.. but come to practicle... whats going on in all other firms... for some no stipends.. and more than 35hrs work.. they want transfer now.. hw can they.. they cant go other cities for articles.. what they have to do..? they dont know that, its going to happen like that, before joining... i think u understood what i said...

Sumit Jain (CA) (4760 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

u r right tanuja

but y u becoming so angry

Sumit Jain (CA) (4760 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

u r right tanuja

but y u becoming so angry

Replied 10 April 2009

to sumit...

i am not angry... just i am getting irritation with some replies

Keyur Anandjiwala (Assistant Manager) (54 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

Hey Guys, I partially agree with you that the one of the reason why student prefer Dummy Articleship is long gestation of articleship. As a matter of fact, partially qualified articles are the labourers of the CA Industry. I am working with one of the big Audit Firm and I know why we recruit more article and keep them engage in any of our assignment. As we know that articles are entitled to for very nominal amount as stipend. The question here is "IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO HAVE 3.5 YEARS OF ARTICLESHIP ?" If you (Group of Student Association) ask the same question to ICAI, you will get positive responce as Mr Uttam Agrawal, President is very proactive leader. CA Keyur Anandjiwala

Ravi S. (Articles) (294 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

i dont think articles is a problem as long as its interesting

Ravi S. (Articles) (294 Points)
Replied 10 April 2009

i dont think articles is a problem as long as its interesting

Replied 10 April 2009

to ravi...

intrest is not enough... articles means we have to learn something.. we need differrent types of audits... before posting read from 1st....

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: