Unprofessional behaviour by a senior member of the Institute

Geetika Mittal (CA Job) (162 Points)

20 October 2009  

I am Geetika Mittal currently in full time employment. To enhance my knowledge base & to enrich myself with additional exposures, I approached to Mr. Vinod Kashyap (Partner of M/s Bhatia & Kashyap, New Delhi) for some part time work through this website. On the basis of trust, I started working with him and completed the assignment well in time. It was agreed (verbally) among us that the payment would be made on assignment basis.

Post completion, he praised my work & offered me other assignments, but I denied for further assignments till the dues (Rs. 6000 only) of previous assignment was cleared.

After that, I tried to approach him thru mail / phone but with no results. At last, i contacted him through some other number but he disconnected the line & ignored me. When my father talked to him, then he disregarded him to the extent that he told him (in flighty language) that “your daughter’s degree is fake & all the work done by her is garbage”.

Since I am in full time employment & not sure about the permissibility of part time work, I would really appreciate if you can guide me how to take up this matter further. He is taking advantage of his seniority.

With Regards