Transfer of articleship training - Stuck

Ann Ar (1) (24 Points)

11 September 2009  

I’m a Final student, and have completed 1 yr of articleship training. I’m not getting any proper work exposure at all. Six months into my training, out of frustration, I had a ‘discussion’ with my Principal regarding this issue, and it blew in my face. I thought of applying for a transfer, but thanks to the new Transfer Rule, I decided against applying, thinking that maybe things would get better during the tax audit season (this was my 1st). But my principal, knowing that I wanted a transfer was unhappy with the idea and felt ‘insulted’…I know this for a fact because it started showing in the work that was given to me after that….nothing but vouching, vouching and more vouching. I was stopped given any relevant work. My only crime was that I dared to open my mouth!My learning curve is dropping. I am a willing and sincere student, but that doesn’t seem to count. Questions and doubts are not entertained, and studying if there’s no work is out of the question!I feel I’m wiling away precious time!There are a few other trainees too, but yet we have not been given the chance to draft even ONE Balance Sheet or P/L A/C….everyone else is keeping silent, but I find I cannot anymore. We are NOT living in the stone ages. I WANT my voice to be heard. My question is, how strong is my case if I apply to the Board for a transfer? Because if it is not approved, I again risk getting into the ‘bad books’ of my principal….(as if it can get any worse than it already is!). I have another 2 yrs of training to complete. Comments and suggestions are please welcome. I do not have anyone else to turn to. Pls do help.