Easy Office
Easy Office

TDS deducted but payment not received

Page no : 2

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 02 July 2010

Now the simple question is that can the Income tax deptt. raise the query that the gross income of the person is Rs. 1,00,000.00 and under TDS Sch. you are showing Rs. 1,20,000.00 as the amount credited/paid.

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 02 July 2010

Many Thanks Mr. Shivang for your replies.

CA. Anubhav Jaggi (CA) (104 Points)
Replied 02 July 2010

If any professional is maintaining books on Cash basis, but other party is maintaining books on accrual basis then it is the liability of that other person to book his expense on accrual basis and deduct TDS.

But professional who is maintaining books on cash basis has not received the amount, so he cannot take that amount as revenue to increase his income. Correspondingly, he should also not take credit of TDS deducted in that year in which amount has not been received.

TDS deducted will be carried forward to next year to be claimed in the year in which income is received.

While filling the return form where the detail of TDS deducted is to be fiiled, there are two seperate columns, one for TDS deducted and another for TDS claimed during the year. Write the full amount in TDS deducted column, and nil amount in TDS claimed column.

By this way TDS deducted will not be taken in that year, but will be available for credit in next year.

1 Like

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 03 July 2010

Many Thanks Anubhav. I agree with your reply.

Ramesh (accountant) (24 Points)
Replied 04 March 2011

Hi FRIENDS

CAN YOU HELP ME

MY QUESTION ABOUT TDS DEDUCTION

AS 09-10, TDS DEDUCTED BY PARTY BUT NOT CREDIT OUR ACCOUNT AND WE FILED IT ON THAT AS YEAR, NOW INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT SEND ENTIMATION NOW WE ASSUMED TDS AMT NOT CREDITED TO OUR ACCOUNT. I ASKED TO DEDUTEE BUT HE TOLD WE REMITTED TO TDS DEPARTMENT AND HE ALSO GAVE TDS DEPOSITED SLIPS..........

NOW I DONT HOW TO GET TDS AMOUNT

PLS ANY ONE ANSWER MAIL ME

THANKING YOU

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 05 March 2011

re-chek the TDS certificate for correctness, and confirm it with form 26AS

Giri Kundum (Executive) (25 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

pf dections

gaurav khandelwal (Agra) (47 Points)
Replied 30 August 2012

Help Me Out......

party deducted my TDS Rs. 60000 and i maintain A/c at CAsh Basis . party shows bal payable in his book rs. 540000,my 26 As Shows bal Rs. 60000,,,,,,,,,,how should i show rs. 60000                

please help its urgent

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: