Easy Office
Easy Office

Story of two rankers(real one); exposes ICAI somewhat

Page no : 2

Sumit Jain (CA) (4760 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

gr8 yaar

Pratik More (CA FINAL CS ICWAI AMFI IRDA CGM M.COM ALL NCFM CRTFCT CPM CPA.)   (604 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

Originally posted by :jose
" There were two students in our coaching institute. The first one a boy, Mr X had by a hair lenght cleared his PE1 and CA-PE2; and the gal  Y had passed the two exams with ease and good marks. The difference was that X didn't attend any coaching class.
X joined articleship after PE2; and worked as a semi dummy(75% genuine). He used to work with diligence and he was also lucky to have a kind and understanding Principal; who didn't let him in any manner whether it was in gaining practical  knowledge. Suppose in situations like "there is monotonous work; and his exams are coming near or his coaching classes were gonna conduct imp lectures; he would let him go without him asking him twice or giving any explanation. He also gave him proper leave(more than 3 months).
Miss Y worked in another firm near X's office. It was a CA who knew Y , who told me about this entire story. One day, a call came from Y's office client where she had gone for audit. "Sir, if you are not changing the audit team, i am gonna change the auditor.". frightened, her CA asked,"Why?" Client said," That gal; she is doing nakhraa and making hue and cry about a Rs 20 vouchers; which we have made ourselves. When we ask that this is proper, she says,"Our sir at class says that external evidences are always reliable than int. evidence." Her CA called her back and happily gave her holiday for finals.This gal then rarely attended office.This was a case of total book-rotting.
Then came Finals. Both became rankersin 2004-06(to protect identity). Y got rank btw 5-12 and X got rank btw 25-32. So their starting package were different. Y had a starting package of 7 -8.5 lacs in leading FMCG giant; X got starting salary of 3.5-4.5 lacs.
At end of 08-2009; Y 's salary was almost double to 13 lacs pa. But her work descriptttion and responsibility remained same. X's salary was 50+ lacs and he had rose to second in position of his employer company. He left the compnay and has gone to East Asia to work for a leading renowned Investment banking co. and he is earning in dollars.He isn't even 25 yet.
What's the moral of the story?
Is that true that doing 3 and half years of same tikcing of purchase-sales voucher and filing ITR 1-5 the way of being successful?
Experience matters.Book-rotting doesn't help much. But a source of getting experience has been trampled by ICAI; they banned transfer. Getting secondment is also hard. Who will give practical knowledge to an article who will work there for 3-4 months and go back to his old employer(employer won't let him go for more than 5 months)
What's the moral of story?

"

nice dear.

jyoti (Article) (105 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

The story is amazing. it is very surprising to know that someone can achive so much in life at the age of 25,only on the basis of hardwork, self confidence & dedication.its really great. students should understand that coaching should be accompanied with self studies.there should be proper bal. of both things.

CA Surbhi Jain (CA) (89 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

nice one.... thnx to share wid all

ADITYA (CA PCC, B.COM) (637 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

Nice one thanks for sharing

GANESH MENDON (Article Clerk) (53 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

One question still haunt me that what could have happend...............

if Mr.X is not  lucky to have a kind and understanding Principal...

(Guest)

nice one jose, i to think dat articlshp is of no use, unless sm guidlines r given 2 our ca's, to train us in sm good work, not the donkey work what maximum of us do. icai can just make rules 2screw we students and never give any guidlines to our ca's, for our prospective growth.

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

I am not against attending classes. Instead, i advocate it. You can ask doubts to sir/mam. But classes without self division is worthless. That girl was academically sound; she was a ranker in university exams also. But we should try to think practically also.

If X didn have a good CA; then he would have taken longer to clear CA final. Then he would have taken longer to reach the position that he is today

Piyush Bothra (B.Com ACA CISA(Sys. Audit) ACS.)   (131 Points)
Replied 06 August 2009

Its a superb plot that u've prepared guys.....

why ICAI is not listening....

Siddharth (456) (27 Points)
Replied 07 August 2009

Originally posted by :jose
" There were two students in our coaching institute. The first one a boy, Mr X had by a hair lenght cleared his PE1 and CA-PE2; and the gal  Y had passed the two exams with ease and good marks. The difference was that X didn't attend any coaching class.
X joined articleship after PE2; and worked as a semi dummy(75% genuine). He used to work with diligence and he was also lucky to have a kind and understanding Principal; who didn't let him in any manner whether it was in gaining practical  knowledge. Suppose in situations like "there is monotonous work; and his exams are coming near or his coaching classes were gonna conduct imp lectures; he would let him go without him asking him twice or giving any explanation. He also gave him proper leave(more than 3 months).
Miss Y worked in another firm near X's office. It was a CA who knew Y , who told me about this entire story. One day, a call came from Y's office client where she had gone for audit. "Sir, if you are not changing the audit team, i am gonna change the auditor.". frightened, her CA asked,"Why?" Client said," That gal; she is doing nakhraa and making hue and cry about a Rs 20 vouchers; which we have made ourselves. When we ask that this is proper, she says,"Our sir at class says that external evidences are always reliable than int. evidence." Her CA called her back and happily gave her holiday for finals.This gal then rarely attended office.This was a case of total book-rotting.
Then came Finals. Both became rankersin 2004-06(to protect identity). Y got rank btw 5-12 and X got rank btw 25-32. So their starting package were different. Y had a starting package of 7 -8.5 lacs in leading FMCG giant; X got starting salary of 3.5-4.5 lacs.
At end of 08-2009; Y 's salary was almost double to 13 lacs pa. But her work descriptttion and responsibility remained same. X's salary was 50+ lacs and he had rose to second in position of his employer company. He left the compnay and has gone to East Asia to work for a leading renowned Investment banking co. and he is earning in dollars.He isn't even 25 yet.
What's the moral of the story?
Is that true that doing 3 and half years of same tikcing of purchase-sales voucher and filing ITR 1-5 the way of being successful?
Experience matters.Book-rotting doesn't help much. But a source of getting experience has been trampled by ICAI; they banned transfer. Getting secondment is also hard. Who will give practical knowledge to an article who will work there for 3-4 months and go back to his old employer(employer won't let him go for more than 5 months)
What's the moral of story?

"

how 2 get rank in ca final exams without coaching? can u pl help me in this regard as i really hate classes

vaishali (student ) (362 Points)
Replied 07 August 2009

HEY ITS GUD ONE YAAR

salma sultan ansari (article) (74 Points)
Replied 10 August 2009

Hey Jose its good to read out that But if Mr.x hadn't find a good CA and if he was not lucky then what will happen?

And why always girls(Miss Y) fails in a story? Why not boys?

Once my friend Sonu's CA asked her to ignore the same kind of AUDIT like Rs. 20 vouchers should be ignored but due to that a fraud occured in the firm of amount 1Crore which was a big amount for that firm. All the blames go to Sonu not on her CA. But she handled the situation I don't how but yes she did it.

The girl is right in some aspect and wrong in a different aspect. You know on which aspect.

aditya (student) (81 Points)
Replied 11 August 2009

So moral of the story is that X was lucky. Because he is earning in dollars even he has done nothing in articleship.

vasudevan (.) (376 Points)
Replied 12 August 2009

Good one

krishnakumar kabra (ACON) (28 Points)
Replied 13 August 2009

our institute has to reallly think over it to gain the variety of experience to the student

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: