Easy Office
Easy Office

SELECTION OF BEST STRATEGY FOR CA STUDENTS

Page no : 2

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 16 September 2010

What should be the best strategy for CA students ?

1. In most of the cases; student are mentally prepared to do CA in Std. XII.  This decision should flourish in Std. XI. 

2. If a student is not so confident in Maths; then join suitable coaching in Std. XI itself. One should see the level of Maths asked in CPT beforehand and accordingly  prepare himself from Std. XI. Otherwise the gap would never be filled in.  

3. CPT students should thoroughly read ICAI's modules. Although; top scored English Medium students till Std. XII will not  find any problem to clear CPT. However; the CPT students should solve as many MCQs as provided by the Institute's website. 

4. If a student has undergone proper tuition in Std. XI and XII; then I don't think CPT students are required to join coaching classes.

5. After clearing CPT, students should open all the modules immediately when these are received. Have an overlook about all the study materials. 

6. Subjects which are altogether different and new; should be discussed in the group of students.  CA students never try to make group for studies. If they do; the burden of studies would not be there.

They should share some subjects of their interest. Every Sunday they should explain the topics and important points therein.  The troublesome points should be discussed stepwise. Very typical steps should be explained in Power Point Presentation. It may consume the time; but a great confidence  will be seen in the students over the subject.   

7. Parents should know which CA firms are the best in their city or outside the city if they wish to send their children outside their hometown.  This should be tried as soon as the decision about CA is taken. 

They should meet the firms togetherwith their children. The student will be motivated at an early stage and at this moment most of the CA firms would be happy to know that one brilliant student is likely to come in future. No firms refuse to take such students when approached beforehand. 

The parents should ask them which type of qualities are required to develop in their children. Here the firm  will also guide the students to some extent which would be of great help in CA career. 

Unfortunately; in many of the cases; parents "fix" the CA firm of which they are clients. It must be avoided. Such students are never prepared well for the profession  because with the help of parents; students take those decisions which  they think are favourable to them. Actually these decisions are unfavourable to them. They never learn professionalism in such situations.

8. Try to know the difference between a CA in practice and a CA in job. More than 95% of students and their parents conclude that job is better ! Then one should try to think why their boss is running the practice ?  Is this question not important to analyze ?  

9. When visiting the office of a CA firm for articleship;  keep your eyes open and visualize how files and documents are maintained. If these are scattered on the tables; never join such firms. 

10. Know  how many articled clerks are there and how many of them are in CA Final.  Such experienced students can provide a great help to new students.

11. If possible; discuss with senior articled clerks how many leaves are granted for CA exams. If they say; no problem - easily available !  Then ask about their working hours. If they still say; no problem ! By listening such happy words; don't become happy. The conclusion is - The firm is not having excellent exposure in the work in which it is engaged. 

12. In my opinion; every CA student should qualify both group of IPCC before joining articleship. Otherwise neither studies would be proper nor the training. These students would be preferred by the good CA firms over the others.

Here students unnecessarily try to save 6 months. These six months are not so important than the practical training. This training would never happen again in your whole career. Hence choose the best firm for training and to have opportunity in such firms; firstly prove yourself.

13. Develop communication, analytical skills and speed.

A normal accountant is available at Rs.10,000/- pm. If he is good in English; he would be appointed at Rs.15,000/- pm. If  his career runs for 35 years then multiply it by Rs.60,000 and the result is Rs. 21,00,000/- which he earns just  due to  good communication skills in English !   Join one of the best Spoken English Coaching in Std. XI itself if a student is not good in English Speaking. 

Practice regularly some sums of Accountancy and Cost Accountancy.   This will give you confidence and speed both which is a must for CA exams.

14. During training; see each and every document very carefully. Here one may find problem of disposing off the work allotted by the boss. So the strategy should be to see carefully some selected documents and try to understand why some specific  information is needed in the documents ? Everytime you see a document ask why this documents is needed. After some time; you will be able to develop your skills ( common sense* ) to such an extent that the moment you see the document you would be able to say something very important about it. 

15. Know some tricks about speedy reading and writing. If you increase the both; you will save a lot of your time - for whole of the life !

The easiest way of developing such skills is - practice, practice and practice.   

16. Many members have already given their valuable advices. Please read them regularly. Just reading would not suffice. Think over it why it is written. Make your own points to remember them. 

Regarding some other points; I have already discussed these in my articles and some forums.

Now I invite the comments from the members.

Thanks for your patience and giving honour to my request in previous posts.**

(Sixer on Last Ball : You can treat this one** as my strategy).

7 Like

CA.kaya (Chartered accountant) (3990 Points)
Replied 17 September 2010

wow its good sir... thanks for the such a goos post.. all should read this and it will be useful ...

1 Like

CA. BIJENDER KR. BANSAL (ACA, B.COM) (8148 Points)

nice and useful posting for CA Students.

1 Like

M .K. Jha (CA Final) (484 Points)

Dear Sir,

Nice Post from you for C.A. Students and also for others...

But i want to ask a question i am a PCE student and i am in a proprietor's office. So, i have not good exposure ......... what can i do now ..........Please Reply me ......

Monika Bachhawat (Chartered Accountant) (211 Points)

Surendra Sir .................. Vey Good Article !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you, the reason behind not clearing the CA exams in 1st attempt is lack of regular studies & over relying on the classes. Its my personal Experience & also for subjects which I attended classes scored less than the subjects for which I did not do classes !!!!!!!!!

So My advice to everyone is to do regular studies before appearing for the exams . And All those passed outs should also keep on reading to update themselves & have a grip over the Subject !!!!

2 Like

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)

This was a really good post sir..

I too believe that less conceptual understanding leads to lack of interest in subjects and thus poor performance. So many problems faced by students have been discussed and resolved in the same post. Worth reading. thank you.

1 Like

Rahul Ramesh (CA Final, BCom, MBA) (1084 Points)

sir, You have thoroughly analysed all aspects.

I find many of my  friends facing the problems of not having learnt mathematics at grade 12.

After passing CPT many students are having confusion as to whether or not to join graduation. They think that CA course is far better than a graduation. they don't realize what they are missing.

A really good post.

1 Like

adula... (student) (550 Points)

very nice article, and very true

I have few points to say, develope knowledge not in mathematics, just develope in arithmetic to be specific ratios and taking lcm, and algebra, that too solving linear equations. like taking common factor etc wud be helfpful upto ipcc level i don't know about final, i am engineering dropout according to me mathematics now a days mainly composes of Calculus and Trigonometry. as sir written in article u need more knowldg in aptitute rathar than accountancy. read lot of english books before joining to any classes, cos an illitrate can also speak hindi but compare with him to graduate, here matters more vocabulary, since english is not mother tounge for indians, it is more confined how easily u put words with good vocabulary and speak shortly than eloborating, accent is not observed more here

all the best

CA.Pravinchandra (Executive (F&A)) (2387 Points)

Wonderfull post Sir..

I request You to post this on ARTICLE section.

1 Like

RAVI KUMAR (Audit & Taxation Executive )   (101 Points)

boht sahi hai sir, for me i m stdying commerce from my 6th std. and now i m very clear about the basic concepts of commerce but i m i dont konw how i got so poor marks in comm in 12th std.

and I am very much wory for my Friend Javed he is so weak in even basic concepts of maths and commerce and whenever I try to aware him about his weakneses he take it othrwise.......

he think i am trying to be oversmart........so what should i do here.......??

CA SHUBHAM Mittal (CA ) (441 Points)
Replied 18 September 2010

Wow sir what a beautiful article it is................................you thoroughly analyzed every aspect of our Course

Sir I myself realizing  the importance of Articleship now ..........I always wanted to have a good exposure

but  when I passed CPT no body is there to guide me  about its importance ............now I suggest all juniors whoever asked me about training plz do take ur training very seriously but before this ,search for good firm otherwise ur serious training would be taken seriously by others.

Thank You Sir  hats off to u............................

1 Like

Meenatchi sundar (student) (191 Points)

Sir i read ur selection of best strategy for ca students..Sir really a very true article.... all these situations u mentioned are happend to me.. now i am not doing anything.... i quitted everything.. i failed in everything.. no one s there to help me..

Meenatchi sundar (student) (191 Points)

Sir. . I cried after reading this forum...

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)

Very Helping Atricle...Specially For CA Students...

Thank You sir...

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)

Originally posted by : Meenatchi sundar

Sir i read ur selection of best strategy for ca students..Sir really a very true article.... all these situations u mentioned are happend to me.. now i am not doing anything.... i quitted everything.. i failed in everything.. no one s there to help me..

We all caclubindia members with you . 

if you want help then we will ready to help.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: