EASYOFFICE

NOTIFICATION OF CST 3% TO 2%

Page no : 7

mallya (industry) (76 Points)
Replied 19 May 2008

there are no latest developments as of today. the state finance ministers should meet the central fin min and resolve the issue of loss compensation to the states on acc of reduction of CST. till then it is only 3% against C form.

(Guest)

Reduction of rate from 4% to 3% was carried through taxation laws amendment Act.  For reduction of rate from 3% to 2% also amendment to section 8 of CST is necessary. This will require intruction of Bill and passing into an Act or else an ordinance has to be passed. Apparently notification u/s 8(5) will not suffice.

Vijay K. Agrawal (Service) (608 Points)
Replied 22 May 2008

Dear Bansal,

3% till notification come.

rgd.

vijay

(Guest)
What is Rate Of Tax In Karnataka For New Alluminium Sheets & Rods For Retailers

(Guest)

dear sir,

which rate of cst charge by the customer 3% or 2% please solve my query immediately

(Guest)

dear sir,

which rate of cst charge by the customer 3% or 2% please solve my query immediately

(Guest)

what is the present rate of cst? 3% will continue or 2%

if 25 pl inform not no

Replied 26 May 2008

it is 3% against C form.

why you have written 25 kindly explain.

(Guest)

kindly confirm that what is current rate of CST in Financial Year 08 - 09.

Replied 27 May 2008

till date it is 3% against C-Form.

(Guest)

It is preferable to do at 2% as the procedure for retrospective adjustment thru credit note can be avoided

Replied 28 May 2008

ACCORDING TO ASIM DASGUPTA RETROSPECTIVE EFFECT WILL NOT BE APPLIED FOR THIS SITUATION. HENCE CONTINUE WITH 3%. TILL THE GOVT NOTIFICATION COMES.

(Guest)

CST reduced to 2% effective 1st June 08 against C form.

(Guest)

what is the notification number? the economic times does not mention the notification any place though the times of india says it will be 2% from June 1

the confusion continues ..............................

Ashish Vishnoi (Tax Consultant) (58 Points)
Replied 31 May 2008

Please give me the notification no and also send me a copy of notification at ashish_nhn @ bsnl.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: