Easy Office
Easy Office

MY FEELINGS ON TOUGH CA RESULTS

Page no : 7

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory) (1230 Points)
Replied 21 January 2014

In my opinion, one more stage should be in the CA Exam to built the quality of CA and proud of Institute. This stage may be after Final stage. And the direct entry in IPCC should be restricted. The CPT should be for graduate. And for 12th passed student, the written exam like earlier PE-I should be.

1 Like

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory) (1230 Points)
Replied 21 January 2014

The ICAI has more outflow of CAs in last 3-4 years. so in the market more CAs are available than requirement. Due to this many CAs are working in very small firms or on very less package and also doing the job as a normal accountant like B.Com. The ICAI is doing unfair. It has passed earlier in more quantity and now reducing the more. In last attempts, many candidates has been became CA who were not eligible for that and they are degrading the CA profession. This is mistake only of the Institute, not of any. I say they (who were responsible at that time) should be punished under code of ethics for cause to degrading the CA Profession and the Institute. 

Apart from these, a annual exam should be for all members to retain as member of ICAI. If anyone does not pass this exam then his membership should be cancelled.

1 Like

rohit (none) (26 Points)
Replied 21 January 2014

:-(

nihit (trainee) (21 Points)
Replied 22 January 2014

Ca institute has done clear politics this nov 13 exam results

arpan lal barnwal (Article) (33 Points)
Replied 24 January 2014

Well what giidance will u suggest fpr the students who are in finals...

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 25 January 2014

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
If the FIRST RANK HOLDER gets only 55 marks in Financial Reporting and 56 in Auditing (which are the CORE SUBJECTS OF CA); then one can imagine what is the position of the rest of the students.
My point is :
Whether LOW MARKS in core subjects scored by the first rank holder shows a GOOD PICTURE of the PROFESSION?
(Many more issues have raised in my mind but can't write here).
Still I can't stop myself to write some of these:
1. If the core subjects are not the choice of the students after joining CA; then what is the need of doing CA?
2. It also shows lack of REMUNERATION in core subjects. Further AUDITING is not in the REACH of MAJORITY OF CAs despite having qualification in their hands. Hence it is losing charm. Morever, responsibilities are greater than remuneration.
3. The slogan "CA PROFESSION IS FULL OF CHALLENGES" doesn't attract the mass now. When other options are avaialble without facing undue challenges; then who would be ready to accept them?

Ancient Scientist Gallilio and Great Mathematician Ramanujan were not having any QUALIFICATION (DEGREES).

In today's era also; many are awarded honorary degree of the universities for excellent work in their field.

I wish to establish here : DEGREE IS NOT IMPORTANT....THE TRUE KNOWLEDGE IS IMPORTANT.

It would be TOUGH to accept by the students because their immediate question would be : Then for what sake they have joined the course?

There is a BIG difference between CAREER and QUALIFICATION.

Mere qualification doesn't make bright career. I have wrote earlier on this site that : QUALIFICATION IS THE GATE PASS TO ENTER INTO ANY ORGANIZATION/FIELD.

Ask yourself in which SUBJECT you find yourself easy and interesting. If none of them is there; leave the course right now. There are many options available in this world. All people are not earning with CA qualification and still one can't claim that they are not earning well.

A property broker (without qualification) earns more than a common CA.

How is it possible?

He practically knows which areas are likely to be developed in and around the city, which new TP (town planning) has been declared, which mall and schools are coming in that area and.... price variations gives him vision to choose the right properties and suggest his clients to purchase.

A successful estate broker doesn't wait for a customer......he always tries to find an INVESTOR. And he finds so very easily....... because  who doesn't wish to earn money?

This is just an example to think OUT OF THE BOX when you puruse a course.

Please don't misunderstand that I am suggesting to leave the profession now. If you really wish to qualify; you may qualify....but their must be ENTHUSIASM to do so....I am not in favour of HARD WORK......The words Hard Work itself is horrible. 

But of course; who have interests in reading more and more in addition to the study materials and text books i.e. professional journals and magazines; A SURE CARE IS THERE....MAY BE YOU POSSESS ONLY A GRADUATION degree in your hands.

1 Like

Replied 25 January 2014

The following has been shared by one recently qualified CA. I request all the readers to go through the full text to know what he has shared HONESTLY.
"Dear All,
I am writing this post not just to give a moral boost to my beloved community and friends who did not clear this time, but also to get all of them present to certain facts which i came to realise when i was in their position and think it will help them in someway during this tough time.
CA is not an end but a means to an end......!!
Its true.

When i was doing CA, my whole life moved around it. Day and night i had only one thought in my mind. That i am not a CA and i have to clear it. As every one of you does, i also studied for hours, days, months and years ( 11 Years precisely),crying to get the so called charismatic, facinating and enigmatic degree of Chartered Accountancy.

When i look back, i have one thought in my mind.....Was it worth it...!!! Hell Yes...!!! it was...!!! it was worth all the pain and suffering i went through these years. It is a nobel degree and i will cherish it all my life.

But one thing i will always regret.
During this escapade of mine, i missed many many of the simple life events which would have made me way much happier than my clearing CA would have done.

CA was my life, and my life was CA. Nothing else mattered, nothing else made me happy. And the more i dreamt of it, the more elusive it became. Looking back, now i feel that i really missed many other opportunities in life, which if i would have persued, i would have been a different man. Not that i am not happy being a CA, but the time and efforts i invested in pursuing it, don't do proper justification.

So, what could i have done better in these 11 years..!! or what could all you guys do now....!!! well its a very subjective question and each one has his own perception.

But what i will share with you all is what i should have done, or rather i did eventually to come out of this vicious cycle of 6 months. Please note that it is my individual view and it may not be correct, but neverthless helpfull.

Start something else beyond 5 attempts:-

During my CA final years, as i said i only had one thing in mind, clearing CA. So i ignored or rather shut my attention to everything else i could have done side by side alongwith CA like some other degree, course, certification, job, practice etc.

The ill effect of it was that when i actually went to get a job in the market, i had no degree, no qualification and no experience and i was merely a CA inter. It becomes even more frustrating to see that you are seen worthless in market if you are not having any degree or qualification or experience.

So, i would advice you guys that set a bench mark of 3 and 5 attempts in your career, beyond which you have to start doing something else. 3 attempts if no group is cleared and 5 attempts if atleast one group is cleared. If you have not cleared CA within 5 attempts, that doesn't mean that you do not know anything. Its just a matter of time. You have studied everything and you just need to brush up and revise properly.

Don't waste another 6 months hoping that you will clear next time. Believe me, its not worth it. There are much more things to do. I am not saying to quit CA. Just start looking at other options as backup. I did my SAP certification eventually, and cleared my CA later.

But now i have dual qualification, and its very valuable.

I have seen guys just wasting there time in studying and waiting for the results and again studying, hoping that this time they will clear the exam and again they fail and get nothing in hand. Please don't do that.

Start looking at the bigger picture. CA is not an end but means to an end...!!! Don't make CA an ego issue:- The biggest mistake i did and which stopped me from moving ahead was that i made CA as an ego issue. "All my friends are CA and i am not. I will prove them all that i am also worth something....!! ".
I guess most of us would have this thought in mind. All of us who have been suffering till now have ego as the single most driving factor for their suffering.

We all make CA as a tool of our ego satisfaction. We want to prove to the world that we are something, and only by doing CA we can prove our worth. Guys....!! its not like that..!!
I came to realise it quite later. Its really amazing and satisfying to be a Chartered Accountant and being called by people that ohhh you are a CA.!! but the moment we make it a prestige point, we have lost the game.
Please keep in mind that CA degree is because of you, you are not because of CA degree. It cannot define you. CA is not an end but means to an end...!!! Pursue your hobby if you have one:-

My biggest frustration was that i didn't have any specific hobby which i could pursue, just to get out of the mess i was in.
But if you guys have one, like reading books, writing, music, painting etc. pursue it seriously.
You will be much more happier and content with life.
Family is both a boon and a bane :-
I may be disliked by many on this comment, but i am writing what i feel. Family is both a boon and a bane while doing CA. I was lucky that my family supported me throughout my tough time and never made me realize that i was lower than someone else. But many a times parents and relatives say certain things which hurt us to the core.
They start comparing you with others.They do not do it intentionally. They are both concerned and frustrated seeing us like this and want us also to succeed like other children.
Guys...!!
parents will never stop comparing you with others, you just have to accept the fact and move on. All i can suggest is that if you are frustrated with the nagging of your family members, its better to move out of the house for sometime and live in a calm and peacefull enviornment where you can think positively. Or have a proper conversation with them about what you are going through and what do you expect from them. Believe me, they will understand.
Resistance causes persitance, acceptance causes disappearance:
Human beings resist themselves in accepting failures and thats where the problem lies. Its OK to fail....!!

People fail all the time....!!!

But how we deal with our failures define us.

Its just like you have lost someone close to you. You can't do anything about it but only to accept it and move on.
Sitting and whinning about it won't help either.
The more you resist your failure, the more your frustration will persist.
The moment you accept it, your frustration is gone. I accepted the fact that i was a failure and moved on trying other things. It didn't bother me again. I was ok with it. And now when i look back, i don't see myself as a failure anymore. It was a phase of life which went by. It all goes by. Nothing stays permanant.
Finally, not clearing CA is more of a psychological problem than a real one.
People don't die of hunger if they are not CA.

Find other ways to be happy.

But don't quit as well.. I never quit. though everytime i had a thought of quitting, but i fought with myself for 11 years and here i am.

Guys...!!!

CA is not an end but means to an end...!!! All the best to you all for your happy and booming future...!! I hope i have contributed in someway to your life.
3 Like

Ashok (Industry) (416 Points)
Replied 25 January 2014

All those who clear CPT are not necessarily joining the CA course. Many register and appear for the exams since its an objective based test and easy to clear. They go on to do law, management etc despite clearing CPT. 

The CA final results pass percentage keeps varying so much that it's difficult to get an exact 'full pass-through' percentage. That is, how many CPT students finally become CA. By the recent example if 40% pass CPT, then say 10% pass inter, and then 3% pass final, the pass-through is 40 x 10 x 3% = 1.2%. 

Historically its difficult to get a guage on CA institute's passing policy. No point in crying foul. CA council retains full rights to decide the policy. Students should feel free to pursue other courses such as CS and ICWAI or MBA if they need to. 

Shwetha R (CA ) (377 Points)
Replied 25 January 2014

Sir, ur article is really enlighting....I agree with u completely...:)

venkatesh (articles) (103 Points)
Replied 25 January 2014

Inspite of agreeing on the point with sir, that the entry requirements to the CA course, needs be tightened up.I do not agree with him when he uses the phrases, which convey the messsage to a normal reader, that the ICAI is controlling the  pass percenatge.

It is us, the student community( me included) for adopting the unprofessional, out dated and childish approach towards studies. I dont think any student who has put in the systematic and regular hard work would any level of CA exams.

Replied 25 January 2014

@ Venkatesh, pl see my pm.

Ashok (Industry) (416 Points)
Replied 25 January 2014

Mr Rakecha - As a fellow CA may I request you not to be opportunistic at this point and blame ICAI and garner the attention of CA students. You seem to be a person who is trying to cash-in on a sympathy wave that you think might be generated by writing ill about the institute. Are you trying to advertise that you can provide proper career counselling to CA students? As members we have better forums to raise these issues. Your message reeks of publicity towards yourself. If you are genuinely concerned, write to the council and remove this 'advert' from here. Don't play with the gullibility of students.

It's quite evident that you are selectively presenting statistics of years when pass percentages were high and ignoring other years.

Replied 25 January 2014

Originally posted by : Ashok
Mr Rakecha - As a fellow CA may I request you not to be opportunistic at this point and blame ICAI and garner the attention of CA students. You seem to be a person who is trying to cash-in on a sympathy wave that you think might be generated by writing ill about the institute. Are you trying to advertise that you can provide proper career counselling to CA students? As members we have better forums to raise these issues. Your message reeks of publicity towards yourself. If you are genuinely concerned, write to the council and remove this 'advert' from here. Don't play with the gullibility of students.

It's quite evident that you are selectively presenting statistics of years when pass percentages were high and ignoring other years.

I have already shared by views published at caclub in VI parts.

/articles/restructuring-of-ca-profession-part-vi-17872.asp#.UuPxP_vhW1s

The suggestions have already been sent to the ICAI on 31-01-2013.

ICAI is not listening at all despite giving several suggestions. It never even acknowledges the suggestions given by its members. If anyone....yes...anyone has received any acknowledgement from the ICAI so far; one can share here to prove me wrong.  I would be happy to note it.

Regarding publicity; you may feel like so. Everyone is adopting it. Even good products need advertisement. This is the world of PUBLICITY. Due to development in infotech; one can share his views with thousands in short time. Every site is doing so to attract mass and generate revenues through advertisement.

Although I have not shared MY FEELINGS for this purpose....however if thousands of members have seen this post; means they have liked my views. Exceptions are always there....and these can't be accepted as RULE.

It is my feelings that CPT results must not be extremely higher compared to results of CA Final. Those who are interested to pursue CA; should do TOUGH NET PRACTICE at initial level to enter in the course....may it take 4-5 attempts. 

Present 37% CPT results compared to CA Final results are not desirable at all : it's my opinion.

Ask those students who are struggling for years and also ask their parents what they feel. Majority of the students would say : They have been TRAPPED.

Can't we make better strategy to accept entry of 3% at initial level so that final results be 37%? If we select some students at initial level; means they are eligible to qualify. New comers in CA profession can't imagine the toughness of the upcoming subjects because at the time of passing CPT they take it as PMT or CAT.

On various topics related to the profession; you may refer my posts at caclub. Some articles and forum posts are related to the CAREER.

1 Like

Replied 25 January 2014

CONTROVERSY :

From one of your article (ONLY ONE); I have come to know that as per your wish ACCOUNTING must be simple.

Your views about ACCOUNTING is altogether different than what ICAI has implemented :

/articles/let-s-keep-accounting-simple-19211.asp#.UuP0RvvhW1s

I also agree that accounting should be made simple....but God knows why professional bodies want to make it complicated and lengthier day by day.

But those who think that accountancy should be simple; can't argue that CA Final course must be the TOUGHEST (at other forum; you have contended for so). 

"Most of you guys sound like you want the CA qualification, but you need it in your own terms viz easy final exams. Unfortunately nowhere in the world students get to decide the criteria of the courses that they enroll-in It's very well know that CA exams are tough. It has been this way since the last 50 years! If CA exams were easy then the respect that this course enjoys would simply go away. So instead of doing protests (which no one will bother anycase) kindly spend time working towards the course. Else, please go ahead and pursue other courses such as MBA which you think are better. Since you cleared the initial level in the CA exam you are demanding that the entry criteria be strengthed, prospectively to your advantage. What about the future students who will take up these entrance exams? There are many who fail or perform average in the entrance test but do well to clear the final exam and become CAs. You can't have the cake and eat it too. You also benefitted from easy entry level critera. You cannot now say that make it strict. And compensate by lower final exam standards."

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=278503&offset=2#.UuP6R_vhW1s
1 Like

Replied 25 January 2014

THE SIMPLE LOGIC :

If entry is made tough; students will automatically take it very seriously.

Right now students prepare themselves for 2-3 months to appear in CPT exams....and due to higher results; they get it clear.

Is it desirable to give them entry in the course like CA in this manner?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: