Matters Requested to ICAI President

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15103 Points)

20 October 2009  

Mail to ICAI President: (However, this mail affairs releted to members as well but articleship period being a mazor issue, I have posted this is student section)

____

Dear Sirs (President and Vice-Precident),

Diwali Greetings to both of you and all CA Parivaar as well,

I have posted a few ideas at ideas @ icai.org, in worth creation of a Chartered Accountant.

The brief of the same is as follows:

I have suggested to our Institute's respective authority for not to use"Honorable", "Shri and Ji both for same name" for any Minister/Government Authority or for any other persons except where its required as per law of the Nation, like in case of President of India.
This is to maintain dignity of the profession and not to hurt any body. Instead, we can use Mr./Mrs. or Shri/Smt. as name suffix or title.

I also suggested with request to our President to get approval for use of Title "CA" in the various forms like Passport Application.and also to get it recognized not only nationwide but also overseas.

I further suggested to the concerned authority of ICAI to make a pre-articleship course of around 3 Months to develop the skills of a Chartered Accountant in a Student; to give basic knowledge of audits; other CA officiates and to improve communicationskills of the students.

Furthermore I suggested to cut short the articleship period to 1.5 years by making compulsion of industry training for 1 year. This will make CAs competitive and will make them able to get more degrees/certification in due age.

I wish happy deepawali and prosperous years ahead to all the members, staff and officials of ICAI.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,
Dashrath Maheshwari
9000XXXXXX