Easy Office
LCI Learning

Lets unite against injustice to PCC students

Page no : 3

K.K.Ramesh (CA) (45 Points)
Replied 07 September 2009

Dear All,

I am a member of the INSTITUTE and a teacher too.  I am not a an examiner of the ICAI. I respect my Instittue. But facts are facts.  About the PCC exam conducted by ICAI in June and the subsequent results declared on Ist of September, I have my own reservations about the result.

Many students who deserve to come out in flying colours have collapsed - especially in Gr. II.  I know of a student who has done extremely well in Cost Accounting and Financial management, whom I thought will score something like 80+ ended up with 38 !!!!!!!   + - 20% may be OK.  But this is too much.  And many    who never expected to pass,  have come out successfull.  How is this happening ?

I feel the system has lost its credibility.  SOME ONE HAS TO BELL THIS CAT

I AM PREPARED TO FIGHT FOR THIS CAUSE IN THE WIDER INTEREST OFTHE PROFESION AND TO PROTECT THE INTEREST OF THE STUDENTS.

LET US ALL UNITE IN THE PROCESS AND CONVERGE OUR RESOURCES AND SEND A JOINT PETITION IN THE FORM OF CHAIN OF MAILS.

REGARDS,

KKR

1 Like

CA M.MD SAREEF (+91-90920-53115 ) (708 Points)

If the same question paper is set by any universtity in India ...

I might have been scored over 75 %

The people created image on CA inst so the inst is maintaing it ....

Just to show "CA EXAMS ARE TOUGH"

God watches all the Thing ... They dont know it...

My question is

Why the members in industry is not participating in institute affairs/constitution ?

K.K.Ramesh (CA) (45 Points)

Dear All,

Just rewind and see the processin which the results were declared !

CA Final results were announced on 13th Of August.  Usually (Under normal circumstances) Intermediate (PCC) results should be announced in another 15 days. ie., on 28th (THIS TIME IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AT LEAST TWO DAYS AHEAD  IE., ON 26TH ITSELF.)   It was fomally announced that the results will be declared at 1400 hours on 30th September.  Around 1400 hours it was informed officially that the results will be decdlared at 2100 hours only. OK and at 2130 hours another OFFICAIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - the results will be declared on Ist of September, AFTER 6'o clock . Is this professionalism.  It is very clear that some thing wrong has taken place at the HQ around that time.  I know (Now many know) about the cold and hot war that was and is taking place between the council members and between some council members and the administration.  Naturally this would have brought down the entire system to a complete hault  and as a last minute measure the Institute must have adopted some disaster management steps so that the results could be announced. and its impact is clearly visible.

There was a provision in the web site for online registration to know the results via SMS and e mail.  I had registered a couple of numbers and there was absolutely no response.  Why ?

I FEEL THE INSTITUTE MUST TAKE UP THIS MATTER VERY SERIOUSLY

LOVE AND REGARDS,

KKR

Pushkar Ogale (Chartered Accountant) (46 Points)

Rajeshwariji namaste,

i appeared in PCC june 2009 exam for both groups. i cleared my 1st group byscoring 198 marks. In 2nd grp Costing paper was quite good than taxation paper. but i failed in Costing paper i got 30 and in taxation i got 40 exact. and bcz of that i dint clear 2nd group.

I was very sure of passing in costing.. lekin fail ho gaya.

aap ne joye kadam uthaya hai wo sar aankhopar...

main aap ke sath hu... rather har ek PCC student aap ke sath hai...

-Pushkar

(Guest)
Originally posted by :K.K.Ramesh
"  Dear All,
I am a member of the INSTITUTE and a teacher too.  I am not a an examiner of the ICAI. I respect my Instittue. But facts are facts.  About the PCC exam conducted by ICAI in June and the subsequent results declared on Ist of September, I have my own reservations about the result.
Many students who deserve to come out in flying colours have collapsed - especially in Gr. II.  I know of a student who has done extremely well in Cost Accounting and Financial management, whom I thought will score something like 80+ ended up with 38 !!!!!!!   + - 20% may be OK.  But this is too much.  And many    who never expected to pass,  have come out successfull.  How is this happening ?
I feel the system has lost its credibility.  SOME ONE HAS TO BELL THIS CAT
I AM PREPARED TO FIGHT FOR THIS CAUSE IN THE WIDER INTEREST OFTHE PROFESION AND TO PROTECT THE INTEREST OF THE STUDENTS.
LET US ALL UNITE IN THE PROCESS AND CONVERGE OUR RESOURCES AND SEND A JOINT PETITION IN THE FORM OF CHAIN OF MAILS.

REGARDS,
KKR
"

thanks a lot sir for helping all. Can we take help from media? Because, icai will not listen us , we all need to take help from some news channels like Aajtak ibn lokmat etc. Icai has to listen to media. That issue will become a national issue. We can point out the injustice with students i am sure media will help us. Otherwise for some days we will discuss it here and will forgot it. We all may not be possible to go physically to delhi and shout all the way. Icai is not responding our mails. So please consider my suggestion to call for media help. Just mail to info @ aajtak.in i mailed them, but by single mail they will not consider. I request all to make mails to tv channels newspapers etc so that president will atleast see in this matter.

CA Manasa (CA) (1479 Points)

Rajeshwari Mam

Even im suffering the same situation got 183 in grp 1 and cleared but got 27 in costing i dont knw why ..i cleared the rest two...I thought i would get 45 + in costing but end up failing ...Seriously depreesed a lot..

Please help me..Im with u

Rajeshwari (CA Liceciate ICSI (CFA) Research Analyst)   (155 Points)

Originally posted by :Karan
"

Originally posted by :K.K.Ramesh

"
 Dear All,I am a member of the INSTITUTE and a teacher too.  I am not a an examiner of the ICAI. I respect my Instittue. But facts are facts.  About the PCC exam conducted by ICAI in June and the subsequent results declared on Ist of September, I have my own reservations about the result.Many students who deserve to come out in flying colours have collapsed - especially in Gr. II.  I know of a student who has done extremely well in Cost Accounting and Financial management, whom I thought will score something like 80+ ended up with 38 !!!!!!!   + - 20% may be OK.  But this is too much.  And many    who never expected to pass,  have come out successfull.  How is this happening ?I feel the system has lost its credibility.  SOME ONE HAS TO BELL THIS CATI AM PREPARED TO FIGHT FOR THIS CAUSE IN THE WIDER INTEREST OFTHE PROFESION AND TO PROTECT THE INTEREST OF THE STUDENTS.LET US ALL UNITE IN THE PROCESS AND CONVERGE OUR RESOURCES AND SEND A JOINT PETITION IN THE FORM OF CHAIN OF MAILS. REGARDS,KKR
"

thanks a lot sir for helping all. Can we take help from media? Because, icai will not listen us , we all need to take help from some news channels like Aajtak ibn lokmat etc. Icai has to listen to media. That issue will become a national issue. We can point out the injustice with students i am sure media will help us. Otherwise for some days we will discuss it here and will forgot it. We all may not be possible to go physically to delhi and shout all the way. Icai is not responding our mails. So please consider my suggestion to call for media help. Just mail to info @ aajtak.in i mailed them, but by single mail they will not consider. I request all to make mails to tv channels newspapers etc so that president will atleast see in this matter.
"

Karan, My personal opininion is not to involve the media..dey wil only tak dis as breaking news/ means to increase TRP...ultimately CA inst wil b more bothered abt us dan media who is an outsider ..We, the students plus members form the Inst... Lets not tarnish our inst's image..better i feel, is to mail to council members than to pull the media in

United we stand

SANDEEP SINGH (CA) (34 Points)

I M ALSO SUPPORTING ALL WHO ARE APPEALING BEHIND THIS BLUNDER

SANKAR KIRAN P (Top Edge of CA & CS) (246 Points)

I have written my pcc this june 09... and expected the best paper award in auditing .. but people believe mee i got only 28.... very very frustrating moments... i felt really depressedd... i really dunnno how else to move further..is it an injustice ??

CASameer Shaikh (Practising CA) (34 Points)

Originally posted by :Rajeshwari
" Yes i also agree with all of u guys. institute should consider what happens to those students and their families who really work hard and are infact talented students but failed only because of such  unjustified & ununderstanding policy of institute. "

Robin (AUDITOR) (854 Points)

DEAR ALL PROFESSIONAL FRIENDS !

WHERE THERE IS INJUSTICE THERE AM !

DID YOU GUYS THINK OF THOSE FRIENDS WHO HAVE WRITTEN AND WRITING CA EXAM FOR MORE THAN 10-20-30 TIMES ??????????????????????????????????????

JUSAT FOR ONE FAILURE RATHER 5-10 FAILURE'S YOU ARE CREATING SO MUCH OF DRAMA ! DOES IS IT REALLY NEEDED ?

I AGREE THAT RANKERS IN DIFFERENT FIELDS HAVE SURRENDERED TO THESE EXAM AND AM AMONGST THEM BUT I APPRECIATE OUR ICAI EXAM COMMITTEE AND I REQUEST THEM TO REDUCE THE PASS PERCENTAGE ! AND I FURTHER WANT REMIND ICAI THAT YESSSSS WE ARE READY TO FACE HURDLES IN LIFE ! WHO WANT TO TAKE IT AS CHALLENGE ! IF NOT TODAY, TOMORROW ELSE DAY AFTER TOMORROW I WILL BE A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO JUSTICE TO CA STUDENTS PLEASE STAND FOR ICAI ELECTION. ENTER COUNCIL EXAM COMMITTEE MEMBER OR EVEN BECOME PRESIDENT AND DO THE NEEDFULL

YOU GUYS WILL BE STRUGGLING IN BOTTOMLINE ONLY. GO TO THE TOP AND DO JUSTICE TO EVERYONE ! DO NOT TELL THAT AFTER REACHING TOP LEVEL 'WE COULD NOT SEE YOU ALL STRUGGLING !'

I REALLY WONDER HOW COME EVALUATOR GAVE 100 OUT OF 100 TO ONE OF THE STUDENT IN ACCOUNTS FOR PCC. .IF YOU EVALUATE OUR REVISION TEST PAPERS OR SUGGESTED PAPERS OF ICAI EVEN ICAI FAIL TO GET MORE THAN 90 + !!!!

I AGREE THAT THEIR MIGHT BE INJUSTICE BUT WAIT FOR GOLDEN DAY !!!!!!!!

SANKAR KIRAN P (Top Edge of CA & CS) (246 Points)

DRama???? wat r u talking ??? did u fail anytime ??? taste it u will know the pain... this is life matter.. u dunno how much hard work and effort has gone in writing the exam.. it is simple to talk for u like this

(Guest)

I Totally agree with you..I got 330 in total.I am very gud in practical sbjcts fetching 72 in accounts n 69 in tax,infact my self evaluation marks were cent-percent accurate.Same goes for costing & i expected a minimum of 60 to be modest  But  Alas institute gave me 40.I mean my standard costing analysis TALLIED,Schedule of Working capital Changes TALLIED,Memorandum Reconciliation Statement TALLIED,apart from these,my rest solutions like fund flow statement,Budgeting Cost of Capital were 80% correct.STILL I wonder how I got 40 marks.This can't be done without reducing the result!!!

Vikas Kalyanshetty, ACA (Chartered Accountant) (463 Points)

@ i APPRECIATE UR WORK DEAR BUT IM NOT SURE IT WILL HELP..

Prem Kumar (Articled student--Final)   (375 Points)

yes rajeshwari is right i have written fine i thought i can easily pass but i got grp1 145 and grp 2 135 they made me fail in both the groups, and even we have only 2-3 days time to file the exam form, in our office we are busy with work so no leave for this attempt.

I dont know what is METHODOLOGY of ICAI the papers where i have great i got very less(in auditing i got 45 i was expecting more than 65+)

Please help us if any one can.......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: