LCI Learning

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 90

Ganesh (Employer) (155 Points)
Replied 24 April 2020

Any update friends? I haven’t received any updates from the dept today

S priya (Others) (29 Points)
Replied 24 April 2020

My itr doesn't show income as interest on tax refund.. which is only 70rs.. i have received this mail.. do i need to revise my itr?

Replied 24 April 2020

Can you pls elaborate what email you got. You can just type the entire mail here with out providing your pan no

Replied 24 April 2020

Priya when did you receive the email from the dept..........what are all the contents

Sada Murali Mohan Rao (Chartered Accountant) (28 Points)
Replied 25 April 2020

Dear All,

I have been receiving this question from many of clients that can they revise return after selecting option 1 ?

Return can be revised even if any one have selected option 1 and submitted.Further even revised return can be revised any number of times within prescribed time limit. If any one has selected option 1 and and there is illogical claim/or substantail difference between ITR form filed by taxpayer and form 16, computer will not process and case may be transferred to jurisdictional assessing officer for manual scrutiny process.

So if any one has claimed false deduction or shown low income beyond reasonable limit  intentionally to claim high refund should file revised return.

SMM Rao 9121260700

1 Like

S priya (Others) (29 Points)
Replied 25 April 2020

I didn't get any new email.. i got the same risk assessment email on 14th april.. i haven't responded yet.. i have found out that previous year's interest on refund was not included in my itr(intrest amount was only 70 rs.. shown in form 26as). Is it mandatory to show this amount?....

Replied 25 April 2020

No updates from the dept today also......waiting continues.......frustration in these challenging times

Reshma Manavi (Tax Advisor) (53 Points)
Replied 26 April 2020

Dear Taxpayers,

Please note that this is not Scrutiny or any other assessment procedure. There is no need to be worried in this regard. You should just follow the instruction given in the E Mail and submit your response. No body is aware in respect of this Under Risk Management Process because as such there is no specific provision in Income Tax Act 1961.Contact us if you receive this kind of mail for any further assistance.

CA Reshma Manavi|Mahavir|CA SMM Rao| Ca Manisha Ramni

Contact Number 9121260700

Attached File : 3103730 20200426115226 phamplet.pdf downloaded: 65 times
1 Like

Saif (Accounts) (824 Points)
Replied 26 April 2020

Then why they are delaying, aren't they are aware of the condition lower middle class peoples are going through?

Replied 26 April 2020

I agree with saif, I guess they are holding our money and making us beg for it

Reshma Manavi (Tax Advisor) (53 Points)
Replied 26 April 2020

Originally posted by : Saif

Then why they are delaying, aren't they are aware of the condition lower middle class peoples are going through?

Hello Saif,

1.Have you filed your original return accurately?

2.If you have not filed your original return accurately then atleast have you filed your revised return accurately?

3.Definitely if you have filed your revised return as per form 16 (in case you are a salaried employee) ,there will be no refund for you..So why to worry if you have filed as per form 16 without any refund.

4.ok I agree there are few expense bills which you have not submitted in office so they have not mentioned in form 16.So here it is your mistake for not submitting your bills in office,this made delay to process your return.

5 .Please Don't blame IT department,they will process definitely if you have filed your return accurately.

Please do text me in private message if you have any queries.

Ani (Freelancer) (102 Points)
Replied 27 April 2020

Anyone got the refund? I see still many are posting on twitter they have still not received the refund///

1 Like

Everyday JavaScript (4 Points)
Replied 27 April 2020

No update as of now. My wife had received her refund, despite that she got a response afterwards to revise the return... She revised it and now on the revised return she got that the refund is selected under risk management. Selected option 1. Intimated team that we have already received refund. But dont know whats happening...

Replied 27 April 2020

@ reshma why defending dept? Infact after filling in June last year return not processed then who's responsible? Us the middle class peoples? Department should stop playing with the sentiments of poor peoples? They don't have any guts to touch the big fishes of this country.. those corrupt bosses of this department sitting in there air conditioned offices don't know what we are going through in these Lockdown days and what is out financial condition without proper salaries? Plz dont comment without knowing our conditions..
1 Like

Replied 27 April 2020

The refund which they have holded since a year means alot to us and we will blame each and every time to that corrupt department, 100% they are responsible for this delay. And no one can stop us from blaming them.

Those who are offended from my comments can leave this group

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: