Easy Office
LCI Learning

ICAI needs Total change..

Page no : 2

C.A. LINESH PATIL (CA) (910 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

Look this sheet also u will realize how institute has reduce the passing marks.n i think CA was easy earlier but now they made it tough.

By the way because we all are already CA student so we must leave all these things n focus for our studies n carrier.

Thanks to all & sory if anybody hurt.

Attached File : 41 10 icai s students performance.pdf downloaded: 156 times

Amar Kumar (CA Final , Intern ) (1095 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

ICAI doesn't needs total change.

Everyone should study and pass the exams....many people have passed.

"ICAI must make CPT tough then only you will get quality people at initial stage only.All the top institute of india exam has entry tough."

I don't understand what people are trying to say . . make CPT tough and what else???? Make IPCC/FINAL tougher???? ICAI will not change to suit anyones needs.

Agar CPT ko tough karna hai to IPCC/FINAL ko aur jyada tough bnana chahiye....

it was also suggested that ICAI should conduct CAT like entrance test and after 4-5 years make the students CA's.

Why??????? what's wrong if ICAI wants to conduct CAT like exit test????just because IIT/IIM does that?????????

Amar Kumar (CA Final , Intern ) (1095 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

After every result and every examination CAclub has threads like these . . . 

After May'10 result : ICAI should be ashamed of itself .

After NOV'10 exams : ICAI needs total change .

theres a lot of time before the nov'10 result comes out . . . lot of time to think a good name for another thread :)

Alex Fernandes (PCC STUDENT) (186 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

I think many students scores minimum require amrks in each subject but they laci in aggregating if the institute removes the aggregate funda then the result will be good

Satvir Singh (Newly minted CA) (1733 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

why u comparing with IIT/IIMs....CA is differnet....why u think abt india. every country's CA instt. has exams this way - easy, tough, toughest.....whats wrong in it??   if u find it tough, u can leave it mid way..there's not much money involved in CA comaprative to other courses. CA is a technical qualification, it has to be different from MBA.

If you want to become CA, u have to follow ICAI policy  thats it.

Dhanya Sreedhar (CA final, doing Job) (661 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

there is nothing wrong with ICAI's procedures in conducting exams & pass percentages....Only thing is we have to change our attitude towards our studies....If we study well, exams will be easy & dont blame others or institute...Life itself is a battlefield one has to struggle hard to achieve success..be passionate & work hard till we achieve our goal...

(Guest)

Regarding the standard of exams, no issues left cos i believe that they are fair. But regarding Education System, i feel they need a change. Especially with relation to articleship, the system needs a total change cos in many cases it is like a cheap bonded labour or a kind of harassment. So, Institute needs to rethink its policies in this aspect clearly cos most of the students who take CA with much enthu in the begining loose track in middle cos the bitter experiences in articleship and due to the monotony and rigours demanded in this system. Regarding the education system, it should not only make us knowledge freaks but should also contain programmes which help us to hone our skills like Thinking out of the box, EQ, good communication skills,etc. just as Swami Vivekananda said "Education is the manisfestation of perfection already in man." ICAI should keep this in mind with regarding to education system

(Guest)

There are certain skills which are needed in real life which one cannot acquire by studying and passing few exams. For example, Emotional Quotient, Thinking out of the Box, Positive Attitude, Communication Skills, Coming out of Comfort Zone,etc. These are the skills which made school and college dropouts like Bill Gates, Dhirubai Ambani or Mark Zuckerburg do big which many educated ppl cant even dream of. If Institute wants the tag of "Incubator of Knowledge", then it should focus on honing these skills also among students and members. (Maybe i think these may be the reasons why CAs are outscored by IIM people in many cases)

Punit (Student) (97 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

Lets be pragmatic.. CA course is expected to be tough. 

Criticism is valid to the extent, of opening ATM machine by conducting CPT exams every month. 

But I dont understand the point in cribbing over low-passing % @ PCC

With implementation of IPCC, a student is exposed to the expected level of dedication towards CA course quite early in his life. So there is room for self-introspection, and if need be, can change his course of his career. The anomaly which existed with PCC has been rectified. 

With reference to Finals, I think what should be appreciated is that here 'tortoise n hare dono ko jeene ka saman adhikar hai'. The course does not restrict your number of attempts. 

And please dont compare ICAI them with IIM's. IIM's are snob institutes. 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Punit

Lets be pragmatic.. CA course is expected to be tough. 

Criticism is valid to the extent, of opening ATM machine by conducting CPT exams every month. 

But I dont understand the point in cribbing over low-passing % @ PCC

With implementation of IPCC, a student is exposed to the expected level of dedication towards CA course quite early in his life. So there is room for self-introspection, and if need be, can change his course of his career. The anomaly which existed with PCC has been rectified. 

With reference to Finals, I think what should be appreciated is that here 'tortoise n hare dono ko jeene ka saman adhikar hai'. The course does not restrict your number of attempts. 

And please dont compare ICAI them with IIM's. IIM's are snob institutes. 

Partly agree with what u have said above.

Ya, Let the examination systems be tough and yes criticism over conducting CPT system are valid. and of course, there is no use cribbing over the toughness of exams.  But i dont think what the change from PCC to IPCC has done big. IPCC is similar like the PE1, PE2 scheme which was earlier except that students can appear CPT immediately after class12 and can enter articles after clearing 1 group IPCC. and CPT is very similar to the CA Foundation, Intermidiate Scheme which prevailed before PE2. Yes in that scheme students can appear articles after clearing CA Foundation or B.Com. but in PCC, students should compulsorily appear for CPT irrespective of whether a 12th passed out or a graduate. So, nothing innovative is being done by these changes from PE 2 to PCC to IPCC. just the same old wheel is being reinvented again and again.These changes have not made any big differences to the CA course if you ask me.

Regarding your comment that IIMs are snob institutes. First, tell me in what way IIMs are snob institutes??? totally baseless comment. IIM Grads may not be knowledge freaks but still they learn whatever is useful for the real life than many people and hence, they are able to give a good competition to other professionals in the industry. They know how to market themselves well. They are occupying revenue generating roles in almost all types of industries because of this. SO, i dont think that IIMs are snob institutes. As a professional student, i feel that people should respect their profession and at the same time not make a mockery of other professions and all. This indicates how naive we are.

Saurabh Sharma (Taxation) (226 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

I also agree there is a big politics btween the management of CA my friend is working in CA firm which is also conducting the audit of ICAI he mentioned today there is big politics among the board of directors but it seems that the problem is increasing day by day for the coming days entrance is very easy but what happens to a CA final student who after spending 4 years of his life not been able to clear when all roads seems to end no option is availabe after spending 4 years do you think can he change the course can he go for CAT but if the entrance is challenging then in case he fails he has option to switch to CAT or other examinations but what is the benefit of writing ICAI is not hearing at all 

CA. Shshank Saurav (Analyst) (34 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

@ shinoz:- First of all i would like to say that the curriculum and examination pattern of the institute is quite comprehensive to check the ability of the student and it doesn't need any changes on the pattern of CAT. If someone fails again and again in the examination then it's his or her fault and ICAI is not responsible for all this because you have this course as your carrier on your own. You can't expect ca papers and ca results like that of graduation and if u have decided to take this course then you have to learn and labour hard. We people are entrusted with a lot of responsibility and it is fair on the part of the institute to maintain the quality of the profession rather giving degree to every tom, d**k and harry.

As far as placement is concerned i would like to recall you that IIms are placing hardly 1200-1400 candidates every year while in CA course only both group pass outs constitute more than 3000 even we forget the students who passout in more than one attempt. Another thing is that we know the highest salary of IIMs and please check the mean salary rather than looking at the top.

Punit (Student) (97 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

Comparing IIM grads with CA's is comparing Apples and Oranges.

However  @ Sreev

Well just have a look   @ Student profiles @ IIM's. You have overwhelming majority of Engineers. 

This is very much due to the way CAT papers are set. The Quant section is most of the times beyond reach of guys who have not taken math after their 10th grade.  

It dosen't offer level-playing field for graduates from other streams. 

I say this, Coz to quality for IIM's, it your 'relative performance' which matters. So you are always playing the catch-up race.

It's not their branding/quality of education which is questioned but their intake policy, which definitely needs revision. 

While, out in CA @ entrance per se, you get level-playing field. 

So lets not be 'Naïve' enough to not understand the inherent flaws of CAT!

Or are we in awe of IIM's :P

Rahul Agarwal (Future CA) (217 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

To sum it all up

Money is in every sphere is important.So, I don't mind how many times do they conduct CPT exams or residential programmes. ICAI should definitely do sumthing regarding articleship.
Firstly they should decrease the articleship period and secondly raise the stipend by 700 -800% for sure.

This in turn will automatically raise the standards for all students and newly qualified CA's as the CORPORATE people would feel pressurized in giving higher pay packages.

Lastly, The examination system is just perfect. A perfect blend of practical and theoritical aspects.

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 26 November 2010

Dear Junta,

Many say u can leave CA mid way..by the way i'm first attempt CA n CS..its not that i did not clear i'm saying but afew of my friends who did the best shot but still lack behind..In iim if u don't get IIM u can get MDI,SP Jain which r eqaully good..but CA theres nothing like that..

Some 1 says only salry of top students in IIM is high n not mid salaryr/average salary..The average of IIM Calutta is15.32 lakhs against ICAI's6.45  lakhs..

All must believe CA r loosing to top grads insitutes to one hand n big 4 to another..even rankers can not practice n grow ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: