Easy Office
LCI Learning

I am livid. How come you are insipid?

Page no : 2

S.R.SRIDHAR (ACCOUNTANT) (746 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Dear all,

Whether the new announcement is only for Nov.2009 exams or it will continue ?

Kshitij Saxena (CA Final) (256 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Mayank Ahuja ("Learner") (586 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Well done Mr. Prabhakar Sir....

Hatts off to you............

khanna (student) (33 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

you(mr.prabhakar) have delivered a great thing to icai .but wanna to ask u a question that what you are(as a honorable member of icai) doing somthing for well for the students so that in future these things will not happen again by icai  .Have u suggested something to the concil of icai in this regard or the members are not having authority to even suggest to icai for betterment.......

hoping for  an expected answer from a respected member of icai........................... do reply sir........eagerly wating for ........

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Mr Prabhakar is amont the very very few C.A's I actually respect....

Nayan Dutta (CA and ICWA) (73 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

it seems that something wrong is going on with the institute. First the result of June'09 and now the exam of nov '09. what they are trying to do ?

Sai Krishna (Employment) (63 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

The President in his message to CA Parivar says (Proudly)

"Next Chartered Accountancy exams are approaching fast in November. Being the principles it’s our duty to see that the practical experience gained by the articled assistant(s) during their practical training is applied suitably in understanding the theoretical part. This will surely improve their performance in the exams. As such, We should come forward, devote some time to our article assistant and ensure maximum utilization of experience gained during their training period. I am sure, that systematic approach combined with determination, zeal and your support will see your articled assistant through with flying colours. My Best Wishes to all the students who are taking the exams in November."

:( :( :( :(

(Guest)

its reallyyy gud to see you sir raising ur voice against arbitrary decision of the INSTITUTE!!!!

(Guest)

M.Sridevi (Student) (31 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

thank you sir for supporting us ........

phanindra (IFA) (121 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

Thanks for ur support to the students

PS Prabhakar (Partner in a CA firm) (930 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

I have seen many people have, amidst their busy schedules of revisions, responded to my posting in this forum. Thanks to all of them. When I wrote the letter to the President  and the council members, I was hoping that they would also get bound by their own diktat of answering every question. However, I realize now that they have given themselves the CHOICE not to answer any inconvenient questions posed to them. After having become a ‘realised’ soul on this issue, I thought I would at least my views known to a larger section of the student community not with any view to rally them in to any mass movement or to create any union-kind of group, but to make you guys aware that there are people around who care. It is not me only.  Perhaps I have more time than others and have better abilities to articulate my views. I have spoken to several CAs and many of them were as disappointed as I have been.

In fact, one prominent teacher to whom I had forwarded my mail had wryly concurred with me on this issue but surprisingly refrained from adding anything further. I wrote to him back:  “Are we all going to keep quite but? Do we have to allow such brash, whimsical, insensitive decisions to prevail unprotested and unquestioned? Are we going to allow the posterity to suffer because of our proclivity to digest any nonsense? I urge you to do something. You owe it to the student community which considers you as a true Guru.”

Having said this, I have to admit that in today’s scenario, the ICAI has become an institution which has to defend itself on many counts from different quarters. Government hardly consults them in issues of accounting or taxation but regularly insults them. Their views and appeals, be on budgets , NACAS, extensions of deadlines for filing returns are treated with disdain. The Govt nominees in the council are questioning many decisions. CAG wants to audit the accounts. Press bad mouths them at every conceivable opportunity. Regulators ignore their demands. In this situation, where can they show their valour? Only against hapless students. That’s what they are doing.

Khanna has asked whether I have done anything and if I have suggested to the Council anything. My letter was to the Council member only. Only after waiting for almost two days for a reply, I decided to make my letter public.  Not even one of the 32 council members sent even a token reply.

And thank you, Prakhar Saxena for your ardent wish that I should become the President of the institute. For your info, even to become a regional council member, you need to have in built hypocrisy, servility, mad fan following, glamour etc. in today’s situation, besides a lot of money spending ability.

Bhagyesh Ravange, you have suggested a union for students. It will hardly be possible or even good. First of all you should have the courage to at least raise your voices collectively in the most responsible manner possible. After about 30 years, I can afford to be brash but you guys have to be controlled even when you revolt.  And btw, elsewhere in this forum I saw you writing that the “all compulsory questions” situation is no problem for you. Please have one view.

Rama Krishna has quoted from Prez’ letter. Forgetting that he has used the word  “principles” instead of “principals”, let us see that the Prez has actually harped on the need for qualitative practical training. There is however, no answer or solution possible from him or ICAI as to how to ensure at least near-uniform training all over the country for all the students?  There is no structure prescribed nor there is any mechanism to ensure that students receive any quality training. Most offices use them as low-cost temporary employees and in upcountry places, they are even used as messengers or to canvass life insurance business run in their spouses’ or childrens’ names.  Nothing more can be said about such kind of deplorable scenario!

Let me finish this missive by mentioning one last thing. Elsewhere in this form, one Mr Manish Soni posted his views on the ‘no-choice’ issue  to mean that there is nothing wrong in ICAI’s decision and had compared  CA profession that of medical profession. He had concluded that one has to boldly face the fast bowling.  I wrote a reply to him, as below:

Mr Manish Soni,

My posts containing my letter to the Prez of ICAI (and the council members) and my views are posted elsewhere in the forum. Your advice to the students is well meant, no doubt. But I would rather not you compare the medical profession with that of accounting. My opinion is that we do not need the kind of expertise in the accounting profession as you would need in the medical profession. Those are dealing with human lives and no corrective journal entry is possible there after you do a mistake. In this nation for creating such doctors dealing with precious human lives or for creating engineers who build roads, railways, bridges, flyovers etc. we have all kinds of colleges and institutions - promoted by politicians, who are not known for any quality. And we know that to become a doctor in this nation, all that you need to have is money in tons. In a country which cannot pride itself of producing top quality medical or engineering professionals, why take pride in producing top quality accountants? This is a journal entry profession, after all. And remember, I have the right to say this as I am a CA myself and have been one for the past three decades less one year.  If the ICAI wants expert knowledge, then let them go for open book examination and set questions on case studies, analysis and interpretive skills. I will ask you a question. Have you seen any imposing library of medical books in a doctor’s clinic and would you be able to trust any doc who would turn to open a book to find out a cure for a disease? Would you not feel an instant fear in your mind that if the doc tells you that the specific problem that you complain about was in a chapter that he left out in choice in examination? On the other hand, you can of course see an intimidating looking library in almost every CA’s office. And the clients coming to a CA’s office would, in fact, be happy and more confident if his CA refers a book to answer a query! In this nation, you have choices in medical course examinations and you are actually supporting for a no choice situation in CA exams when, as such the syllabus is huge and ever expanding (but not necessarily useful and practical-oriented! - for instance, systems audit has an insignificant passing reference in MICS paper and students are not at all exposed to the nuances of world trade, GATS, WTO, currency trading etc.).  When a CA, after passing can actually, proudly and without having any trace of compunction, refer books and deal with situations (I don’t have any complaint over this – it has to happen this way only), why trouble him/her when he/she writes the examination like this? And why make things more difficult by demoralizing them when they are at a revision stage? Your advice not to criticize the Institute is comical. Today the institute is run by insensitive people and they deserve to be eulogized or what? We are not talking about fast bowling, my dear, but bodyline bowling.

So, student-friends, just as I cannot accept that an unprotested aggression by ICAI as valour, I also do not accept your timidity as virtue. That’s all I would say, for now.

1 Like

Sai Krishna (Employment) (63 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

Prabhakar sir,

I could notice the same mistake (Principals)...But i had just pasted the extract of his message intact without any corrections....You can take a look at the whole msg here

https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=5038&c_id=240

phanindra (IFA) (121 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

As regards the discussion towards nouns has begin i would like to ask you all .Why  we are all called articled??? arent  we human?  and often i feel sad when they address me as an article?? I also wonder the ICAI council doesnt have time to revise minimum stipend payable to the trainees?? They also  do not have time to decide on the articleship duration issue of the pcc students??  Why cant i find Chartered accountants regulation act 1988 in our institute's web site??

I guess enough of questions now . Expecting a reply from all the students and members for the questions asked above

Regards,

-Phanindra

shrikrishna Joshi (CA Final student) (50 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

dear sir,

its really good reply to the institue about last minute change in question paper pattern, it gives more weightage especially when memeber like U is reacting in students favour, Other wise institute hardly thinks about students. U r comments on transfer rules are also effetive, studetns should be given full freedom in choosing ther principals, because in first instance we cannot  judge the office environment,  whether we get kind of training that will help us future professional life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: