Easy Office
LCI Learning

Group discussion and how to study final group 2

Page no : 6

Madhavi (CA - FINAL) (1342 Points)
Replied 05 July 2012

ya thats true, but now the time is only 4 months let us start quickly don't waste time. pl plan so that atleast we will study in office and discuss related to our exams

kamble santosh (Auddit assistance) (24 Points)
Replied 05 July 2012

hey madhavi u just concentrate on study , dont use internet in exam periode

1 Like

Replied 06 July 2012

santosh but i am at office, in office i can't study opening books.

seshu.ram (clerk) (69 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

anushree super replies .. kalakitinga.. 

1 Like

abhagupta (NA) (21 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

I want to follow these time table and group study as i am finding no time to study as i am doing my articles still. pl join and let us discuss on the each subject, so that we can gain confidence and clear group 2 exam successfully.

Replied 07 July 2012

hai frds today let us discuss ISCA 2 chapter. i opened discussion in the forum pl join

DEVIL-Liv every moment of life (ca final) (1735 Points)
Replied 07 July 2012

well it is a good thing to start with

Replied 07 July 2012

kkk  lets do it

Replied 07 July 2012

erp , bcp .. ch 6,7,8,9, cover more than 60 marks weightage and most imply these chapters are short...and easy to understand..

i have studied them..thats why i can say this by my experience

ch 2, 3 are very very lengthy and difficult

i have to give my both groups...

thats why it is getting tougher..

i knew it would be tough but it is getting tougher day by day...

Replied 07 July 2012

uu cant do a subject in 15 days...

if we will do this.. than after sum time ... it will wash out..

it is better to take atleast 3 subjects in a day.. 

otherwise ... 

personal opinion

thats why it can be argued upon

girish (ca final student) (119 Points)
Replied 08 July 2012

hi

my email id is silvergirish @ gmail.com

but i am giving both the groups.

will this group discussion be just for group 2?

Kiara Educomp (Education) (512 Points)
Replied 09 July 2012

Hi Guys

I'm sharing my suggestion on the sequence of chapters for ISCA, along with logic for the same. Maybe you find it useful.

ISCA syllabus consists of 10 chapters.

1. First of all, understand the basic concepts of Information Systems in Chapter 1 – Information System Concepts. In this chapter, you would study various types of Information Systems, and one of them is ERP.

2. This ERP becomes the basis for next chapter i.e. Chapter 2 – An overview of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).

3. Having read about Information Systems in general and one of them i.e. ERP in detail, you should then study the various aspects concerned with the development of these Information Systems in Chapter 3 – Systems Development Life Cycle

4. Now, it is important to ensure that the Information Systems are protected from various threats such as viruses etc. So, you should study various types of controls in Chapter 4 – Control Objectives.

5. Once you have studied the various types of controls, you should study how to test these controls in the Chapter 5 – Audit Test of General and Automated Controls.

6. One of the controls mentioned in Chapter 4 has been explained in a separate chapter i.e. Chapter 6 - Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning.

7. For any organization, it is not only important to install controls within Information Systems, but also important to assess the various risks which can cause harm to the Information Systems. Detailed study of these risks is covered in Chapter 7 - Risk Assessment Methodologies and Applications.

8. Various aspects of IT Act 2008 are covered in Chapter 8 - Information Technology (Amended) Act 2008.

9. Controls and risks form the basis of Information Security Policy of the organization, which is Chapter 9 - Drafting of IS Security Policy, Audit Policy, IS Audit Reporting - A Practical Perspective.

10. There are different standards (just like Auditing standards), which provide the guidelines etc for testing controls, which are covered in Chapter 10 - Information Systems Auditing Standards, Guidelines, Best Practices.

Regards

CA Vikram Kapoor

B.Com, FCA, CIA, ISA, CISA, CFE, NCFM

Ex-Faculty, NIRC of ICAI (2011-12)

2 Like

Replied 09 July 2012

nice logically explanation by kiara, following this makes us study well in a logical sense.thank you for your advice

Karan Teli (Life Is just an Illusion...!!)   (4573 Points)
Replied 09 July 2012

@ madhvi -

Have u started the studyin series any where or its still on paper...?

Replied 09 July 2012

karan, we had discussion on 1st chapter of isca and somewhat 2nd chapter and some in idt. just going i opened discussins in forum and giving information here

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: