Easy Office
Easy Office

Experience of Article Student

Page no : 3

Pooja Gupta (CA Final) (216 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

In my view, articleship period can b a best part of CA life if Principle is eager to teach their articles. 

Many of my  friends have completed their 3 n half yrs of training but still they dont  know how to file ITR. They even dont seen ITR forms and all.

Their work was just to go for audit and check invoices n all. Thats it. This is what they have learned in 3 n half yrs of their articleship.

I asked them to ask their Principle to teach them something else in ITR or VAT or Sales Tax.. When they asked their CA, they never gave attention to it.

Initial 6 months of my articleship were worst. I had to sit just idle for whole day in office in a cabin and still had to go on fix time 10-5.. not 5-10 mints late even. :/

Sometimes my work was just to make forms in excel sheet. Thats it.

Aftr 6 months, I have taken transfer from there and got soooo nice CA who taught me many things in IT, Sales Tax etc. 

He always himself call their articles and teach them many things. Such CA is called Principle CA. 

Still many CA's r here , who not even pay stipend to the articles and are playing with 3 n half years of life of their articles.   

Pooja Gupta (CA Final) (216 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

In my view, articleship period can b a best part of CA life if Principle is eager to teach their articles. 

Many of my  friends have completed their 3 n half yrs of training but still they dont  know how to file ITR. They even dont seen ITR forms and all.

Their work was just to go for audit and check invoices n all. Thats it. This is what they have learned in 3 n half yrs of their articleship.

I asked them to ask their Principle to teach them something else in ITR or VAT or Sales Tax.. When they asked their CA, they never gave attention to it.

Initial 6 months of my articleship were worst. I had to sit just idle for whole day in office in a cabin and still had to go on fix time 10-5.. not 5-10 mints late even. :/

Aftr 6 months, I have taken transfer from there and got soooo nice CA who taught me many things in IT, Sales Tax etc. 

He always himself call their articles and teach them many things. Such CA is called Principle CA. 

Still many CA's r here , who not even pay stipend to the articles and are playing with 3 n half years of life of their articles.   

Vikash Kumar (Manager Accounts (CA. Final))   (694 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

Agree with Pooja Gupta. Value of Articleship totally depend upon the attitude of the CA.

1 Like

Diganta Paul (not any) (349 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

According to me Article period is major part of a professional course. Because a professional need to load hevy responsibilty on his shouldire. I think the learning chapter will continue till the end of the life every day there is something to learn and I think nobody can say this that he is expert in every matter. I think  Article ship training  can make us responsible.

About learning I think it will be better to do training in medeum size firm to learn more.

Lavanya V (Chartered Accountant) (67 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

My position in articleship is same as that of Mr. Ankit agarwal... I seriously felt that i learnt very less when compared to many of my peers...cudnt even opt for transfer either...Im sometimes panic what if someone postqualification poses a question to wich i never got exposed to...all i cud learn is e-filing of ITRs and ROC forms..little bit of audit of private companies, sales tax, vat...thats it....donno...how will i face ppl after i clear ca final.Or may be this half learning will make me more inclined towrds gaining more knowledge as someone in the thread were saying that you'l learn not to be dependent on others...

Good post...

MAYANK CHOKHANI (ARTICLED ASSISTANT) (109 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

I AM A NEW ARTICLE AND HAVE COMPLETED JUST 3 MONTHS OF ARTICLESHIP BUT WHAT I EXPERIENCED IS THAT IF YOU HAVE JOINED IN A FIRM WHERE THERE ARE GOOD PAID UP STAFF WHO TEACHES YOU AND MOTIVATES YOU,IT'S WORTH DOING ELSE ARTICLESHIP PERIOD SEEMS TO BE A WASTE.

CS Bijoy (Expert) (6394 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

Originally Posted By Diganta Paul

" According to me Article period is major part of a professional course. Because a professional need to load hevy responsibilty on his shouldire. I think the learning chapter will continue till the end of the life every day there is something to learn and I think nobody can say this that he is expert in every matter. I think  Article ship training  can make us responsible.

About learning I think it will be better to do training in medeum size firm to learn more."

Agreed with....

CA MAYANK WADHERA (CA CS CMA(I)) (789 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

DEAR POOJA,

YOU  ABSOLUTELY RIGHT OPINIONED ABOUT ARTICLESHIP

1 Like

SUNIL (PCC ) (282 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

Originally posted by : RAVI KHANAL

in my views 

ARTICLESHIP is the best part of  CA curriculam 

i want to qoute the words said by ex president of icai shri ved jain ji " Articleship apko itna exposure deti hain .. sochiye jin badi badi  cos k MDs CFO;s k sath round table baith k aap discussion karte ho .. kandhe se kandhe mila ke pin point karte ho .. kya bina CA student k tag k apko waha ka guard bhi ander jaane deta " !!

i was touched by this fact ....

the respect which our institute has in indian accounting area is just because of articleship and our council's  countinuing committment of issuing worldclass AS and other standards ..

But i think it is tru some cases but not all cases.

Shikha Sharma (Chartered Accountant) (311 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

I think articleship is one of the best things in CA curriculum... Most of us usully take it negatively, but articleship has a lot to do with the respect a Chartered Accountant gains.. 'coz, a student would have experience of 3 years before qualifying, which is not the case with any other course...

About experience, there are both pros and cons... But helps a lot in exam preparations... Its not just with regard to subjects, but also other areas like time management and all that, because, in office, we will be used working under deadlines, so it even helps indirectly... I did my articleship in a medium firm, so got to learn about many areas (taxation, audit, accounts, etc.) This is one advantage i think of a medium firm.

But for friends who r goin to take up articleship, take it in the right spirit friends... All things don;t happen our way, but every mistake and every thing that happens adds on to our experience and teaches us many things...

vipul patel (Ahmedabad) (320 Points)
Replied 27 June 2011

thank to all who have give thare valuable experience on CCI

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 30 June 2011

Such discussion have been had hundred times at caclub. 

MOST OF THE STUDENTS THINK THAT ARTICLESHIP IS A WASTE WHEREAS PRACTISING CA THINK WITHOUT THAT IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE FOR THEM FOR START THEIR OWN PRACTICE. 

Regarding exposure; it depends upon the selection of the firm which you have made while accepting articleship in a firm. If you have made a wrong selection for your career by  giving weightage to small benefits at that time; then surely you will find dissatisfaction at later stage. 

1 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 30 June 2011

STUDENTS WHO HAVE MISSED THE RIGHT TRAIN; STILL CAN GET GUIDANCE FROM THE FOLLWING ARTICLE : 

/articles/one-shot-success-in-ca-4051.asp

Shrikant Subramanian (Chartered Accountant) (176 Points)
Replied 30 June 2011

Originally posted by : Pooja Gupta

Initial 6 months of my articleship were worst. I had to sit just idle for whole day in office in a cabin and still had to go on fix time 10-5.. not 5-10 mints late even. 

Agreed. This is what is happening with many CA aspiring students. So find the solution as to what should such an article(afetr completing his 3 years of articles with such firm ) do so that he gets to know lots of things such that he is in a position to call his experience as his strengths.

Mukesh Kumar Singh (CA-FINAL) (4094 Points)
Replied 01 July 2011

i M totally agree with you Vipul patel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: