EASYOFFICE

Errors in efiling itr 2 ay 2018-19 (java utility)

Page no : 5

Mayank Raja (Practice ) (30 Points)
Replied 20 August 2018

Not able to Create Xml, plz guide.

Srikrishna (NA) (14 Points)
Replied 21 August 2018

Sir,

I am getting a validation error "Please enter the amount being carried forward" while filling ITR 2.

I am unable to locate the page of the error. Can you please help?

1 Like

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (173962 Points)
Replied 21 August 2018

18C(1) - TDS2. Details of Tax Deducted at Source on Income [As per FORM 16A issued by Deductor(s)]

Sl.No.   TDS credit in the name of* Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) of the Deductor* Name of the Deductor* Unique TDS Certificate Number Unclaimed TDS brought forward (b/f) TDS of the current fin. Year* TDS credit out of (6) or (7) or (8) being claimed this Year (only if corresponding income is being offered for tax this year) TDS credit out of (6) or (7) or (8) being carried forward*
Fin. Year in which deducted Amount b/f Deducted in own hands* Deducted in the hands of spouse as per section 5A or any other person as per rule 37BA(2) (if applicable)Col (8) (if applicable) claimed in own hands* Claimed in the hands of spouse as per section 5A or any other person as per rule 37BA(2)
(1)   (1a) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)
Income TDS PAN of spouse / other person Income TDS PAN of spouse / other person
1    Select Self Other PAN         Select 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001                    0

It is last column of TDS2 table, which is auto filled and not editable.

There are few tricks to remove that zero. One of them being save draft. Exit the utility. Re-start the utility and open the saved draft........... Validate again !!!

Abhijit Chakrawarti (Retired) (26 Points)
Replied 24 August 2018

I have the same problem. I have downloaded the utility for ITR2 mac version from the income tax site have completed and validated the form which shows no errors. But there is no response on clicking the Save button. Hence no X M L file is generated for submission. Pls help.

Replied 24 August 2018

Check if you have java version 8 on your system, otherwise change it to java 8_51 version. The utility works fine on said version.

Replied 24 August 2018

the version on the income tax site is version 10. I have downloaded the version 8 from Oracle site but it does not allow me to install saying a newer version is already installed even though i have uninstalled the application. Is there any other way?

Replied 24 August 2018

No. Try with another set up. Because the utilities work fine with Java 8 version only.

Replied 24 August 2018

I am now trying the Excel utility. But strangely neither the java nor the excel utility is automatically calculating interest for default or deferment of advance tax like it used to before. Does it have to be done manually now?

nishith gupta (Engr) (22 Points)
Replied 28 August 2018

I was finally able to file my return using ITR 2 java utility.. Thank you every one for your valuable advises.

I had following problems:

1. Save button, error display etc not working properly: Solved it by uninstalling JRE vs 10 and reinstalling latest JRE vs 8.

2. TDS2 carry forward error: Solved it by adding extra row and deleting first row. Then saving the draft. Reopen the draft and error is gone.

jay (Study) (27 Points)
Replied 28 August 2018

please enter amount being carried forward error in itr 2

I GOT ABOVE ERROR. I PUT 0 IN ABOVE FIELD AND VALIDATED AND THAN DELETED. IT WORKED. HOPE THIS MAY HELP OTHERS.

1 Like

Sush (Thinker) (24 Points)
Replied 29 August 2018

Hello All,

I have re-filled all my data in the new version of JAVA UTILITY of AUGUST 2018. (Had +ve and -ve result)

First the ERROR (-ve). After re-entering all the info into new version of August JAVAU, I am getting an un-correctable ERROR in  TDS SCHEDULE, 19C(1) - TDS2, COLUMN= TDS credit out of (6), (7) or (8) being carried forward*

ERROR Please enter amount being carried forward. =>  BUT PROBLEM is that this FIELD IS NOT EDITABLE by me. It is GREYED OUT.  I have THREE ROWS, in first two, the ZERO is populated by the utility. In third row, it is not, and the checking function is flagging an ERROR.      WHAT should I DO ?

PS:  

Earlier, I had filled all fields in JAVA Utility for ITR2, downloaded in June. (ITR2 FOR AY2018)

At time of uploading 3 days ago, I faced errors as IT Deptt had changed the Schema. So I had to download again. Export import did not work (except for basic profile info) and I had to enter again all fields, also discovering some new break up fields, leading to better accuracy of check which increased my expected refund. Anyway, that was positive.

Sush (Thinker) (24 Points)
Replied 29 August 2018

OK< After reading Jay Study comment, I applied similar solution for the TDS2 Section, by re-entering a duplicate ROW by ADD, and after it generated its own 0 in last column, I deleted the erroneous ROW. Now it is fine.

Piyuhs (Other) (25 Points)
Replied 29 August 2018

Country code  in schedule TR  , bl**dy we can t omit it as well 

Piyuhs (Other) (25 Points)
Replied 29 August 2018

any one has clue for  SChedule TR  , Country Code Error?

amrita (student) (22 Points)
Replied 30 August 2018

I AM TRYING TO FILE ITR 2 . EVERYTHING IS READY BUT EVERYTIME I AM SUBMITING IT GIVES ERROR SELECT COUNTRY CODE. I CHECKED BOTH SCHEDULE FA & FSI ONLY COUNTRY NAME IS OPRNING IN DROPDOWN. FROM WHERE TO SELECT THE ISD COUNTRY CODE? PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: