Easy Office
Easy Office

English Does matter,so do analytical skills but EQ is better

Page no : 2

Mythreya (Finance IT & Accounting)   (2183 Points)
Replied 16 March 2010

Someone was commenting here that Northeastern states have Hindi influence.

Interest to learn a language is onething,interacting with a few people is onething where as the pervasive influence of a language and practicality is another thing.

I had been to Kohima(Nagaland) once and also to Sikkim for a tourist visit(few years ago).

Im giving you one link(of the many links I have) which will show you the impact of English in Northeastern states.(Yes, they do speak Hindi but that does not mean they dont like English or that they discard usage of English)

https://schoolreportcards.in/Media/m69.html

Below is a cut-paste copy from the above site...a small tidbit.

One needs to keep in mind that certain states (North-East for example) which already have a high percentage of students studying in English medium schools... Where the northeastern states are concerned, the growth figures would be negligible as English-medium schools already have a 90 percent share of total enrolment. In Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim enrolment in English medium schools is almost 99 percent!

----------

Just because I support the use of English in professional context,please do not think,I have become unpatriotic or that I hate Indianness.

Nothing like that.

(Logically again: Liking towards A does not mean dislike towards B.Life does not go by Black and White but shades of Grey or sometimes both Black and White!)

Im just being practical here.

If tommorow,worldwide Sanskrit is accepted as a usable language worldwide then I would be the first to jump happily into that bandwagon.

Mythreya.

sivaram (Asst Mgr-Taxation) (6918 Points)
Replied 16 March 2010

Mr Mytherya

You really rock and  I fully endorse your views on the same

Vast Knowledge seems from your post  and as Rahul rightly pointed and me too you are the most lovable person by myself too in this club

Let Your services continue and let others including myself get benefitted atleast to some extent

Replied 16 March 2010

Originally posted by : Priyanka Gupta

WHY HINDI-SANSKRIT IS A SUPERIOR LANGUAGE THAN ENGLISH....

Brothers its not just that English being a foreign language we want to eliminate it...its also that its a very unscientific language...and its got only 26 alphabets while we have got 52 alphabets and

There are many alphabets in Hindi - Sanskrit which dont have any place in English dictionary....like ch, sh, chh, ph...

many aplhabets are similar pronouncing like f and ph...w and v...y and i .....

Further you can ever test an Englishmen for Hindi...he would never be able to talk proper Hindi....

You may ask SO WHAT if they can't speak...but its a fact that many portions of our brain remain untouched if we don't our full part of tongue...many of our emotions are dependent our vocal system..and hence thats one of the reasons why Englishmen and people from other countries were not as sensitive as we were...

Today realising this fact, Sanskrit is being taught in most of the US and German Universities...but we Indian just feel elevated to disrespect our own Mother TOngue...

I can come up with better arguments in support of Sanskrit(not Hindi) than these especially from Cymatic science.

Your feelings are understood and if I have hurt you in anyway by my posting on English language,I do apologize for the same.

However,if you say this to an Englishman.Lets call this man Mr.John.Logically let us think what Mr.John would say::

You say: "Brothers its not just that English being a foreign language we want to eliminate it...its also that its a very unscientific language...and its got only 26 alphabets while we have got 52 alphabets"

Mr.John says: What is scientific or unscientific about the number of alphabets? Chinese and Japanese languages have more characters,even Hebrew has more phoentic sounds,so they would be even better than Sanskrit what do you have to say for this Madam? Why do you accuse my native-toungue,English(with which you are typing your posting..why did you not type a transliterated text in Hindi or Sanskrit it is because you wanted to reach out to more people who dont speak those languages with my toungue(English),Is this fair Madam using my toungue and yet accusing it(Jis thaali se khaathe' ho ussi par thookthe hon...he says albeit in his Anglicized Hindi accent)

You say: There are many alphabets in Hindi - Sanskrit which dont have any place in English dictionary....like ch, sh, chh, ph...

Mr.John says: Ma'am, there are some letters like Z and F which do not have place in Sanskrit.(If you think Phal is an example of Fal you are wrong as it is not found in Sanskrit but only in Urduized Hindi as Pha is the second sound of Pa and there is no Fa sound in original sanskrit...even Hum Phat swaha used in mantras was originally used in Sanskrit as Hum Ppat swaaha).So each language has its own distinct utilties and nuances and also beauty Ma'am.Am I sayign anythign wrong Ma'am?

You say: Further you can ever test an Englishmen for Hindi...he would never be able to talk proper Hindi....

Mr.John says: You too must try speaking our North Lanshire British accent Madam.Im sure,I can find many mistakes in your heavily hindi acentuated English.If I leave my 5 year old kid in India  and make him grow into a Hindi speaking lad,Im sure he will speak better than the likes of any Northindian Politician in Bhaashans Ma'am...Want a wager?(brit version of the famous Americanism: 'Wanna bet?')

You say: You may ask SO WHAT if they can't speak...but its a fact that many portions of our brain remain untouched if we don't our full part of tongue...many of our emotions are dependent our vocal system..and hence thats one of the reasons why Englishmen and people from other countries were not as sensitive as we were...

Today realising this fact, Sanskrit is being taught in most of the US and German Universities...

Mr.John says: Ma'am Shakespeare and other authors have written highly emotional texts,poems,novels and novellas in the highest emotional language in my English, Ma'am.

Emotions does not lie merely in rolling the tounge,in my humble opinion, it lies in exercising compassion and courage and more importantly open-mindedness in our heart.Emotions depend more on the heart-centre than the Vocal chords Madam.Try telling this to a person who can't speak.He or she will cry with her eyes Ma'am and speak with his/her heart.Im sure,then your speech would change and your eyes become moist seeing his/her plight.

Even the British stiff upper lips like us have emotions Ma'am.We might have ruled you and other nations.We might have exploited many races to our advantages but we too are humans Ma'am.

The very testimony that Sanskrit is being taught in USA,UK and Germany bears proof to our openness regarding experimenting with your languages Ma'am.

Whereas you,Ma'am using my language accuse me and also my own language.Prey tell me whether this is fair Ma'am?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.John the stiff British upperlip with no sensitivies breaks down and cries....

Mythreya watching all this 'Tamasha' between Priyankaji and Johnji ran upto Mr.John to console him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mythreya consoles him and says thus:

Look Mr.John, we Indians are open and a compassionate lot.We accepted everyone and everyone plundered us and looted us including you Brits and went their way.We face a strong identity and cultural crisis now a days and so many many fights be it Telangana or the Bodoland crop about in our country.I accept your emotions,just that Priyanka Gupta Ma'am gave vent to her emotions a bit.I apologize on her behalf.Cheer-up Bloke!

-------------------------

Mr.John felt relieved and thanked Mythreya and went to his country, UK.

He also apologized for the sake of his ancestors(whom he does not know has ever met) who ruled our country.

End of story

-----------

Mythreya Kush,John bhi Kush.

Priyanka Gupta (Articl tranee) (232 Points)
Replied 16 March 2010

Use English only for International Purpose , And Hindi for national Purpose . Thats it.

One thing more , CACLUBINDIA should also provide facility to type in hindi.

Arijit Bhattacharjee (ACA, M.COM) (407 Points)
Replied 16 March 2010

Mr Mythreya,

Do agree with you regarding popularity of english in NE states as a mode of imparting education due to complex ethnic diversity. but, their roots are well anchored to their own language, our rastrabhasa, and culture with tremendous dexterity.

please dont take my comment in other sense.

and secondly, even though my motherlanguage is neverth Hindi ,I adulate it the most.

You have mentioned that Hindi currently is a corruption of sanskrit and urdu.

Then to comment most humbly we might also be aware that the HINDI which our consitution recognises as rastrabhasha is the "TATSAM PRADHAN" Hindi which is the unadultrated form of all "PAURANIC SANSKRIT".HINDI has been polluted by its false utilisation and hence diluted to loose its status.And as knower of vedas and scripttures you well know that "SARVADA SARVATHA PARODHARMA BHAYABHAYO".(Most submissively)

Replied 16 March 2010

Use English only for International Purpose , And Hindi for national Purpose . Thats it.

One thing more , CACLUBINDIA should also provide facility to type in hindi.

Hindi should not be imposed as a National language.You say this purely because you speak Hindi at home(atleast in a major way) but what about say Sivaram(he must be speaking Malayalam and Tamil or both in his home).Will you ask him to communicate only in Hindi with you?

English is for connecting Purpose

Vernacular languages are for cultural purposes according to me.

Thankyou for the comment.

CAClubindia should then also provide facility to type in Tamil,Telugu,Malayalam,Oriya(Odiya),Bangla,etc.Im sure,there would be lot of confusions,mini-groups(cliques) and lot of infighting here.

Replied 16 March 2010

In India more than 60%  of total population speeks HINDI.........................

In India 1% of totall population speeks Engish............................

And rest % of total populatin speeks their regional languages.

We shoud try to bycot all things which are given by bl**dy ANGREJ (BRETISH)

Replied 16 March 2010

AS WE KNOW THAT COUNTRY RULES AND LAW ARE FIRST,  IN INDIA HINDI IS NATIONAL language.

IT IS RESPONCIBLITY AND DUTY OF US THAT WE SHOULD LERN HINDI, AND WHERE POSSIBLE WE SHOULD TALK IN HINDI, DONT USE ENGLISH UNNESSESERY.

1 Like

Replied 16 March 2010

हम भारत के देशभक्त, जितेन्द्रिय युवाओं, देशप्रेमी चार्टर्ड एकाउन्टेन्ट्स, विवकेशील अधिवक्ताओं एवं पूर्व न्यायाधीशों, कर्तव्य-परायण चिकित्सकों, राष्ट्र-निर्माता शिक्षकों, न्यायप्रिय अधिकारियों व कर्तव्यनिष्ठ कर्मचारियों, जागरूक एवं ऊर्जावान किसानों, परिश्रमी एवं कर्मठ श्रमिकों, राष्ट्र के आर्थिक विकास में सहायक व्यापारियों एवं उद्योगपतियों, भारत के नवनिर्माण को समर्पित वैज्ञानिकों व अभियन्ताओं, देशप्रेमी व कर्तव्यनिष्ठ पूर्व-सैनिकों, अर्ध-सैनिकबल के पूर्व सुरक्षाकर्मियों एवं पुलिसकर्मियों, राष्ट्रभक्त साहित्यकारों, खिलाड़ियों, कलाकारों एवं पत्रकारों तथ अनुभवी वरिष्ठ नागरिकों का आह्नान करते हैं कि वे युग की इस सबसे बड़ी सामाजिक, आध्यात्मिक व राष्ट्रीय क्रान्ति से जुड़कर एक स्वस्थ एवं शक्तिशाली भारत बनाने के लिए व देश का खोया हुआ स्वाभिमान जगाने के लिए आगे आयें । इस पवित्र अनुष्ठान व राष्ट्र-कल्याण के महायज्ञ में हम आपको सादर आमन्त्रित करते हैं। आप ”भारत स्वाभिमान“ के इस मिशन से जुड़ने के लिए ”मुख्यालय पतंजलि योगपीठ, हरिद्वार, उत्तराखण्ड, फोनं0 01334-240008/244107/246737.“ से अथवा अपने जिले की पतंजलि योग समिति से सम्पर्क करें ।

Replied 16 March 2010

स्वदेशी आन्दोलन (स्वदेशी से स्वावलंबन)

1. स्वदेशी उद्योग
  2. स्वदेशी शिक्षा
  3. स्वदेशी चिकित्सा
  4. स्वदेशी तकनीक
  5. स्वदेशी ज्ञान
  6. स्वदेशी खानपान
  7. स्वदेशी भारतीय भाषा
  8. स्वदेशी वेशभुषा

स्वदेशी उद्योग, स्वदेशी शिक्षा, स्वदेशी चिकित्सा, स्वदेशी तकनीकि, स्वदेशी ज्ञान, स्वदेशी खानपान, स्वदेशी भारतीय भाषा, स्वदेशी वेशभुषा एवं स्वदेश के स्वाभिमान के बिना विश्व का कोई भी देश महान नहीं बन सकता।
    हम प्रत्येक भारतीय को व सम्पूर्ण भारत को स्वदेशी से स्वावलम्बी बनाकर भारत को विश्व के सर्वाधिक शक्तिशाली देशों की श्रेणी में लाना चाहते हैं।
    हम यह प्रतिज्ञा करे कि हम बहुराष्ट्रीय कम्पनियों द्वारा निर्मित शून्य तकनीकी से बने लक्स, लाइफबाय, रिन लिरिल, रेक्सोना, पीयर्स, कोलगेट, पेप्सोडेंट, क्लोजअप , पाण्ड्स, लैक्मे, डिटाल, डालडा आदि दैनिक उपयोग में आने वाले विदेशी उत्पाद तथा एमवे, पेप्सी व कोका-कोला के जहरीले कोल्ड्रिंक्स, तथा एक्वाफिना व किन्ले के नाम पर बिक रहा पीने का पानी तथा इन कम्पनियों के अन्य जूसेज व मेक्डोनाल्ड, डोमेनो आदि विदेशी कम्पनियों द्वारा निर्मित पिज्जा-बर्गर आदि जंक फूड इत्यादि सामान का सेवन अब जीवन में कभी भी नहीं करेंगे।

Replied 16 March 2010

Originally posted by : arijit Bhattacharjya

Mr Mythreya,

Do agree with you regarding popularity of english in NE states as a mode of imparting education due to complex ethnic diversity. but, their roots are well anchored to their own language, our rastrabhasa, and culture with tremendous dexterity.

please dont take my comment in other sense.

and secondly, even though my motherlanguage is neverth Hindi ,I adulate it the most.

You have mentioned that Hindi currently is a corruption of sanskrit and urdu.

Then to comment most humbly we might also be aware that the HINDI which our consitution recognises as rastrabhasha is the "TATSAM PRADHAN" Hindi which is the unadultrated form of all "PAURANIC SANSKRIT".HINDI has been polluted by its false utilisation and hence diluted to loose its status.And as knower of vedas and scriptttures you well know that "SARVADA SARVATHA PARODHARMA BHAYABHAYO".(Most submissively)

Yes, correct,that is PRECISELY my point...."due to complex ethnic diversity"...this is PRECISELY my point.Unity can come about majorly by a common communicable language.

I have never taken anyone wrong,I just like to argue because in discussions one finds always sparks of truths flying and one also learns a lot.

Im not talking about the beauty of the language(atleast that was not the intention when I started this thread) or the cultural nuances.Im only ephasizing the practicality within a professional context.

With your surname being Bhattachariya,Im aware that your Mother-toungue most proabably might be Baanglaa,the same Baangla which gave birth to Robindranoth Tagore who got the Nobel Prize in English litreature for his Geethanjali which he translated most admirably from Bonglaa to English without losing the essense of poetry.I keep it by my bedside to remind me of my cultural roots.

The Country might have promulgated Thatsamwidaaniya Hindi as the official language but the the language which we now use practically is Hindustaani.Which is nothing but an admixture of local dialects+Praakruthi+Sanskrit.There is nothing called Hindi as a technically defined one apart from what our founding fathers gave.Praakruthic language which had heavy sanskrit moorings was spoken colloquially but now even Urdu has mixed in it.So,when even practicality has crept into the devabhasha then I dont see a reason as to the imposition of Hindi as a language which everyone should learn and following.Forcing always produces the opposite effect.In a way all this is subtle forcing people and no one is a fool,they will understand all these strategies and one day the country would divide into North and South(or maybe even West and East too) and we will again be easy prey for some Whiteman,thanks to tathsampradaaniya Hindi Bhasha.

Im not against Urdu(infact, my father taught me the language and its nuances and shaayiri) but that it has also played a prominent role in framing the current Hindi which is being spoken in India.

In the 3 idiots movie if you have watched, they make fun of the Thathsamwidhaanic Hindi by cracking jokes like "Mootra visarjan"...etc whereas in yet another scene Sharman Joshi says(in the interview scene where he is questioned why he was suspended) : "Meine' professor ke darwaaze' pe peshaab ki" (Now, darwaaza and peshaab are both Urdu words and the original "Tatsampradhaan Hindi" as you put it is dwaar and mootra)

Also, Thatsampradhaanic hindi is not exactly unadultrated sanskrit(we can have sanskrit itself then,why a nomenclature called "Thatsampradhaaniya hindi"?) it is an admixture of the local dialects and prakrithi sans urdu.

As a learner of Vedas Im also aware of another epithet which is:

"Swadesho Bhuvana Trayam"

Thankyou and sorry if I have rubbed the wrong way,

Kshame'chhaami sarvadaa.

Mythreya

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 16 March 2010

Trap is ready for your dear Mythreya. One advise based on my yesterday’s experience (I don’t think you are aware)– be careful while replying to the members. God Bless you friend. Carry on.

Replied 16 March 2010

AS WE KNOW THAT COUNTRY RULES AND LAW ARE FIRST,  IN INDIA HINDI IS NATIONAL language.

IT IS RESPONCIBLITY AND DUTY OF US THAT WE SHOULD LERN HINDI, AND WHERE POSSIBLE WE SHOULD TALK IN HINDI, DONT USE ENGLISH UNNESSESERY.

I beg to differ here:

Native speakers of Hindi dialects between them account for only 41% of the Indian population (2001 Indian census). The Constitution of India accords Hindi in the Devanagari scriptt as the official language of India (English being the subsidiary official language). It is also one of the 22 scheduled languages specified in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.[7] Official Hindi is often described as Standard Hindi which, along with English, is used for administration of the central government.

File:Hindispeakers.png

The above map represents the Hindi speakign belt.Please dont get emotional.With such emotions all you do is damage to the subtle unity of our country.Hindi is a beautiful language,I agree but the moment you start enforcing it,you run into trouble.The country will split with such stupidity.

And the fact that "Angrezis are our enemies" no longer hold water much these days.We are our own enemies.

Article 343 of the Constitution declares Hindi as the official language of the Un-ion of India. English remains the additional official language. It is the authoritative legislative and judicial language. In fact, one could say that English is the official language of India for all practical purposes.There is no mention of it being a NATIONAL language and that it should be imposed onto other states.Love for a language is onething but fanatiscm is another thing.Hindi is not the Rashtra Bhasha.It is an official language for administration and convenience in the upperbelts of India IN ADDITION to English.

Dont blame the tool(ENGLISH),if you want you can blame the English people who ruled us.

Though Hindi is spoken by a large number of people, only ten States of India have accepted it as their official language.

Lal Bahadur Shastri, the then PM, even though supportive of the pro-Hindi group, came up with a set of compromises that denied Hindi the "sole national language" status, realising the seriousness of the issue.

If you want try this with RSS chief Bal Thackereyji to make him speak Hindi alone and not speak Marathi.

Try it with Karunanidhiji to make him adopt Hindi and leave Tamil or the Malayalis in Kerala to discard Malayalam.

DO NOT IMPOSE YOUR VIEWS ON A MASS OF POPULATION.

I will not respond further to such threads/discussions.Im sure sane-minded people would agree to what Im saying.

Mythreya

Replied 16 March 2010

aS YOU KNOW cOUNTRY WHO ARE USING THERE OWN LANGVAGE LIKE CHINA JAPAN ETC ARE MORE EVEN VERY SUSSECFULL THEN INDIA.

Replied 16 March 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Trap is ready for your dear Mythreya. One advise based on my yesterday’s experience (I don’t think you are aware)– be careful while replying to the members. God Bless you friend. Carry on.

Yes, Ankurji,lol!

I realize now.Thats why I dont post much in Forums and limit myself majorly to Articles.

Thanks for understanding me despite being a Hindi-speaking person.

Dhanyawaadhji

Mythreya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: