Easy Office
Easy Office

E-verification of itr through aadhar otp

Page no : 2

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (170110 Points)
Replied 24 July 2018

"What kind of risk exists with ITRV physical paper processing?"

The digital mode is much faster as well as easier than manual processing...

1 Like

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 24 July 2018

As per IT Website, Aadhar OTP Verification is unavailable temporarily and will be made available shortly.

1 Like

Sam Singh (Others) (163 Points)
Replied 24 July 2018

Originally posted by : SSG
As per IT Website, Aadhar OTP Verification is unavailable temporarily and will be made available shortly.

Hope it will be true. Aadhar method is very easy.

We can buy sim with aadhar without even giving anything else and drama on ITR.

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING) (1288 Points)
Replied 24 July 2018

Originally posted by : Dhirajlal Rambhia
Aadhar data got hacked in March month and some citizen's  profiles with bank accounts details, with mobile nos. etc. were available on net (may be for some payment); hence the change. Now we are even allowed to delink our bank/demate accounts from Aadhar......

Delinking Aadhaar from bank/demat? I dont think that option has been started by any bank. It has not even come in the news as yet. Below 14 Mar 2018 article:

https://www.livemint.com/Money/7YjhrOLOjEZXOlx1R7kzPM/10-Aadhaar-questions-answered-for-you.H T M L

Can I delink Aadhaar?

As of now, there is no provision or mechanism to delink the Aadhaar that is already linked with some service or welfare scheme.

There are banks who are not opening bank account without Aadhaar. I believe passport website does not even allow an applicant proceed ahead without an aadhaar number.

Replied 24 July 2018

Originally posted by : Dhirajlal Rambhia
"What kind of risk exists with ITRV physical paper processing?"

The digital mode is much faster as well as easier than manual processing...

AY 17-18, I used digital mode Aadhaar OTP first time in life. Unfortunately, I revised my return couple of times. It took 9 months for the "so called faster" processing by CPC only to bring 21700 mismatch which is total of conveyance and profession tax.

Faster response submission was done, 2 months no action in Digital Era.

Replied 24 July 2018

According to the "Compendium of Regulations, Circulars and Guidelines" for authentication of Aadhaar-based e-KYC, available on the official website of UIADI (Unique Identification Authority of India), an Aadhaar number holder is entitled to delink his biometric details shared with any authorised agency or service provider.

The compendium says, "The Aadhaar number holder may, at any time, revoke consent given to a KUA for storing his e-KYC data or for sharing it with third parties, and upon such revocation, the KUA shall delete the e-KYC data and cease any further sharing."

This means an Aadhaar card holder is legally allowed to delink her biometric identification details from bank accounts and mobile phone numbers.

2 Like

Replied 25 July 2018

I believe what the Compendium says is "only biometric details that were submitted can be delinked". It means those who physically walked into a Bank and submitted their thumb/finger impression while seeding their Aadhaar number with bank account, then, only biometrics can be delinked.

Many customers have linked their Aadhaar via SMS or via OTP. Such Aadhaar delinking may not be possible due to specific wordings used in Compendium.

1 Like

kiran jhamnani (Finance Professional) (119 Points)
Replied 25 July 2018

Sir, Banks are forcing the customer for thump verification and adhaar. My sister's finger print did not match with bank's adhaar UID linked portal. hours sitting and repeatedly asked to come. her account was inoperative from one year. bank deducted the inoperatiion charges but not going to make this account operation again. All the way she need to visit the adhaar center and re-do her finger print scan. other banks also not opening new account without Adhaar thumb verification at their branch. Despite the Apex court decision about the forced implementation of addar, these things are happening.

1 Like

Replied 25 July 2018

The Madras High Court on Tuesday (24/07/2018) allowed nine petitioners to file their Income Tax returns manually without quoting their Aadhaar number for the assessment year 2018-19.

A division bench of Justices MM Sundresh and Anand Venkatesh passed the interim order noting that since the constitutional validity of the Aadhaar itself was yet to be decided, the petitioners could be allowed to file Income Tax returns without the Aadhaar.

However, the bench made it clear that if the “Supreme Court decides to uphold the constitutionality of Aadhaar, then the petitioners would have to file revised return quoting Aadhaar.”

The Supreme Court had on May 10 reserved its verdict on a batch of pleas challenging the constitutional validity of the Centre’s flagship Aadhaar scheme and its enabling 2016 law after a marathon hearing that went on for 38 days spanning four-and-half months.

In the high court, the petitioners, who sought the court’s direction to let them file returns without their Aadhaar number, contended that in view of a series of Supreme Court interim orders, Aadhaar remained a purely voluntary scheme.

Hence, they cannot be compelled by the Income Tax Department to provide Aadhaar details while filing returns, the petitioners argued.

1 Like

Soumyadeep Roy (CA Article) (29 Points)
Replied 25 July 2018

Dear all, could someone help in evc generation through atm? I tried in a number of banks' atm but the option to generate evc is not showing anywhere. I cannot use any other mode as there is spelling mismatch in name!

Replied 25 July 2018

The department also allows e-verification using ATMs. Recently, State Bank of India and Axis Bank have started offering this facility. Other banks are expected to follow.

To use this facility, swipe your ATM card and you will see the option ‘PIN for income tax filing’. Select it to receive the EVC on your mobile number and email.

Soumyadeep Roy (CA Article) (29 Points)
Replied 25 July 2018

Dear Sir, thanks for your prompt reply. I just tried the Sbi atm but unfortunately could not find that option. I probably remember seeing that last year but now its gone. I think the only option left is to physically send the acknowledgement to CPC.
1 Like

Srinath (sri) (33 Points)
Replied 25 July 2018

I feel they have put off e verification for the moment as servers are busy for filling... Becoz i did 5 aadhar verification before 20th, so after filling date it might get back on

Dip Narayan (Deputy Manager) (767 Points)
Replied 26 July 2018

Dhiraj Sir,

I think Adhar e_verification is working now.

1 Like

SSG (1936 Points)
Replied 26 July 2018

Aadhar based e-Verificaton is shown under progress.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro