Easy Office
LCI Learning

Constructive things we can do in the current CA system!!

Page no : 3

(Guest)

Hey, No need to thank me. In fact We all students should Thank u. I thank u from the bottom of my heart on behalf of all the studentsof ICAI for taking such a pain for us.!!!

(Guest)

My name is Preeti. Pls spell it correctly. I get irrritated if somone pronounce it wrongly...

& HEy, No need to say Thanks. In fact I should thank u on behlaf of all Students of ICAI for taking the pain & trouble For us. ITs only a good heartcan think 4 others.I really Thank u from the bottom of my heart.

Vidhyashankar (CA) (1292 Points)
Replied 17 June 2009

Originally posted by :Preeti
" My name is Preeti. Pls spell it correctly. I get irrritated if somone pronounce it wrongly...
& HEy, No need to say Thanks. In fact I should thank u on behlaf of all Students of ICAI for taking the pain & trouble For us. ITs only a good heartcan think 4 others.I really Thank u from the bottom of my heart.
"

I have modified your name from "Preethi" to "Preeti" as you have hinted in my earlier reply to you.

Btw, what you mean is "spells it wrongly" and not "pronounces it wrongly"(because pronunciationwise there is not much of a difference whereas spellingwise there is a difference between: Preethi and Preeti).Sorry for the oversight of adding an "H" to your name.I never noticed it or thought this would be an issue with you especially when it is just an informality.But I will pay more heed to people's names and spelling,lest I hurt them, thankyou for correcting me.I appreciate it.

Thankyou for your comments and your good wishes.

RAMANJU (here to updating the knowledge)   (485 Points)
Replied 17 June 2009

While discussing a topic related profession or otherwise, some times the matter will go beyond it. Pls avoid it yar!

Anuraag Sharma (Sr Executive Finance) (845 Points)
Replied 17 June 2009

I don't think that we are not consistent...but u all should see we are far consistent than that of any other course round the glob.......and even we are having a best system which u all call "Current Ca System"....ICAi is doing well.....everything is set perfectly.......

I would further like to thank CA Utam prakash Agarwal sir(President ICAI), CA Ved Jain sir(former Presodent ICAI and CA Sunil talati sir(former President ICAI)...all of thees three has made drastic changesb to regularise and smoothen our course by keeping updates.....

I heartly want toi express thanks to whole ICAI as well as cureent CA system....i am happy with  this.......

but some ares ned to be updated

one of them is:

ICAI e-library.................: Only members can join and ask for books....why can't a student upon payment of fee?????

Rock (student) (1518 Points)
Replied 17 June 2009

Here all are satisfied With ICAI ..............But just giving ideas where we need to improve....

deepti (trainee) (65 Points)
Replied 17 June 2009

How long will we keep discussing all this among ouselves

we need to take it to next level to the council members, to the president of  ICAI

get the consensensus of  the entire CA student community  and present it tto the council members & board of studies

there are certain basic things like mistakes in compilation, study material updation of the same, certain rules for practising ca members who dont give the knowledge updation and the guidance required for the ca students during their articleship tenure

this things need to change at the earliest for improving quality in work (articleship) as well as studies.

(Guest)

Hello to all,

When I said that CPT can be given after passing 12th I meant to say it should continue to b given as the way it is going on now. I think.but not sure...... after 3 months of passing 12th ie. june & december(Pls correct me if i m on wrong track). I dont see any need to increase the time duration to clear out CPT. I think the current period of 3 months/ 6 months  ( I guess i m r8) seems ok.

I dont think that the CA exam  should b made more tougher than this as it has already kept the high standard /study level.It already ensures that itgets the BEST of the lot from commerce stream.

The students who want to work in MNC or corporate world, have been given due consideration by institute by providing an option to do INdustria ltraining in last 12 months in companies.But as said in my previous suggestion, the articleship period should start after clearing CA Final. & to add to that i wud suggest that for those who wanna work in companies then for them also its necesaary & in good interest that they shuold all  working area of CA profession as it would really  b helpful somewhere in future.SO, i recommend tthat out of 2 yrs total rarticleship 1 yr shud b served under a CA & 2nd yr can b thought of for Industrial trainiing.which shud however b optional, depending upon students interest. 

Thats all 4 the day..Would post some new sugestions as & when it comes into my mind.

Thanks

Surendra (tax consultancy) (146 Points)
Replied 18 June 2009

hi, I think ca student not properly trained by our practicing CA. I saw after completing a fresher CA cannot file I.Tax return of himself/herself. Beacuase our practiving ca should to trained the student in maximum field like audit, taxtion, management, company secretary work. So, in my opinion the institute should issue a guidelines for practicing CA to how many days for each type of work or planning as such type that student trained in all segment.

thanks

Replied 18 June 2009

From Surendra's and Preethi's discussions I can suggest onething:

ICAI must keep a practical training session during the last 1.5 practicum in a mandatory way atleast for a week or 2 in areaslike auditing,taxation,corporate management and legalities.This would aid students.

What-say-you-all?

These are mere discussions and one must try to implement them but discussions produce thought and ideas and have a vital role in progress.One should not devalue arguments putforth by anyone,one can have a healthy debate but not devalue without merit and go one's way.(This is meant for people who are like:"Hey all these discussions are ok but when is the action going to come?")

Implementation too on the sameline is important.

(Guest)

my boss hits me with hand,slaps me and also talks in bad s*xmanner,he is waste and im stuck with him...what is my rights?will icai accept any complaint i give or should go to police for this harrassment?why do auditors behave like thiswith women?i m bearing for the past years allthis nonsense but its become too much now yesterday he tried to touch mewhen allwent in ugly way.uggggggggh i hatehim..iwant tokillhim...idont knowwhat to doiwant to cry...please help me....what rmy right?

Rock (student) (1518 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

This is too much slapping and talking in bad manner ....why dont you go to ur Near by ICAI branch and complain against him...???

Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :Priya
" my boss hits me with hand,slaps me and also talks in bad s*xmanner,he is waste and im stuck with him...what is my rights?will icai accept any complaint i give or should go to police for this harrassment?why do auditors behave like thiswith women?i m bearing for the past years allthis nonsense but its become too much now yesterday he tried to touch mewhen allwent in ugly way.uggggggggh i hatehim..iwant tokillhim...idont knowwhat to doiwant to cry...please help me....what rmy right? "

It is very sad that Indian women face such problems.

This is not the first.I have even got a few PMs for the past few days from women members with similar woes.This is the first time maybe someone is coming out boldly with this.

I have the following to suggest:

1. You can file an FIR against this person and though such harrassment has no witnesses, it will still be taken by the Police.You must do this promptly if you want this problem to end and also prevent this person from behaving thus against future innocent women.

2. You can then go the ICAI and give a complaint against him, and the professional ethics/code of conduct violation would be seen and appropriate action taken.Your period would be adjusted as a special case and you will be admitted under another decent CA if you wish to continue the course.Do not take hasty decisions to leave the course for this individual and jeopardize your career.This is unfortunate but not the end of your life.Have faith.

3. Discuss this matter with someone you trust, be it your parents or husband or someone close.Take their counselling and help in resolving this matter.

4. Take safety measures meanwhile,try avoiding the person completely,etc.Do not stay alone in a hostel or room where you are easily accesible by this person.Move out if need be.Gather people around you who would protect you.Keep your cellphone always with you and know the numbers to contact in case of any emergency.

You need not bear this abominal treatment.And you should not bear this treatment and give him more power and confidence to do the evil.Bearing evil is encouraging evil.Fight it with all your might.Im sure ICAI and Police will give you complete privacy,secrecy and protection if requested unless you call in the media and thus your name will not be sullied.

All practicing CAs are not like this and this is really sad that such vermins exist.Just because a few CAs behave like this the whole profession gets a bad name.Please hope for the best and everything will be alright.I feel for you and I pray everything to be alright and smooth.Ialso wish you complete this CA course and be independent.

All the best!

(Guest)

Hey PRIYA,
I can't understand y u were sitting quiet 4 such a long time? Had I been in ur place, I wud have slapped him or beaten him with all the anger in my mind. Anyways, pls don’t get upset. We all r here to help u. Just fight 4 ur self esteem & self respect.
If possible, pls talk wid ur parents regarding this matter. Take their help.
R u the only girl in the office who is facing this problem? If there is another female colleague facing similar problem, then try to discuss this issue wid her. Collect evidences through video/ audio recordings wid help of cell phone, if possible. Then go for filing an FIR & complain against him in ICAI as well as said by VS SIr. Is there any one to whom u can trust in the office? Take out their help. But be careful while collectiong evidence. Ur boss shud not come 2 know abt this.
Priya , u hv already showed ur courage by talking abt this issue in open. Now, pls sustain this until u get the justice. Have faith in urself. Don’t think abt giving up ur career bcz of this bl**dy nonsense person. I can understand how u wud feeling at this time. But believe me, u wud gonna give him a tough fight & I really believe in u.

(Guest)

thanku sir vidhyshankarji npreeti...i willfollow as per ur advice.im relived seeing ur kindwords no one helps like this sir these days....ur heart gold sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro