Easy Office
LCI Learning

Communication u/s 143(1)(a)

Page no : 3

omparkash bishnoi (10 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Hi Kapil Bank will not be able to issue Form 16 as TDS is not applicable to savings ac interest

CA.Pullarao Padakandla (CA Job) (40 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Did any respond to the email received for proposed adjustments u/s 143(1)(a)..Do we need to upload files for supporting ?

Kapil Aggarwal (44 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Abey,

you have filed ITR-1 which is not matching with the ITR which you did.

“e-proceeding" section will get active in couple of days, once active , upload scan copy of the tuition fee and disagree to the income. simple in your case :) if rquired TAN compulsory then you need to check with the School to get the TAN number of the school.

cheers.

1 Like

omparkash bishnoi (10 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Abey TAN of deductor is required which is your employer

Pushpreet (Asosciate) (59 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

My Bank did not deduct any TDS. I added the Income from Other Sources myself, and deducted 10,000 u/s 80TTA.

Now, what do i fill in the TAN field, since no TDS was deducted? I paid Self Assessment tax on the amount exceeding 10000.

Kapil Aggarwal (44 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Hi All,

Banks need to provide the form-16a ( which is the interest certicate ) I have written below application which I am going to deposit to the bank to get the interest certicate and ask them to publish the TAN details of the bank on the form16a. Hope this helps.

To
The Branch Manager
Bank name and address

Ref: Request for Interest certificate for FY 2016-2017 of saving Bank account.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am having saving bank account with icici bank, below are the details of the Account in name of ( your name )

BANK

ACCOUNT NUMBER

IFSC CODE

I need the details of the Interest earned & if any TDS deducted during the financial year 2016-2017. (1st April 2016 till 31st March 2017) including TAN Number on the Interest certificate of the Bank.

I need the details to plan and prepare for remitting my income tax advance amount correctly. I find some mismatch on comparing with the credit from income tax department online facility.

Kindly give me the full Interest certificate including TAN Number as required at the earliest.

Thanking you

yours faithfully
xxxxx

CMA Narendhar Reddy (Practice) (50 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

even my client got same notice..
But in his case the employer has not deducted the HRA in form 16, so we shown tottal income after deducting the HRA claim.
E-proceedings page is showing no records found.. How to replay ?

Replied 27 July 2017

Originally posted by : Kapil Aggarwal
Hi All,

Banks need to provide the form-16a ( which is the interest certicate ) I have written below application which I am going to deposit to the bank to get the interest certicate and ask them to publish the TAN details of the bank on the form16a. Hope this helps.

To
The Branch Manager
Bank name and address

Ref: Request for Interest certificate for FY 2016-2017 of saving Bank account.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am having saving bank account with icici bank, below are the details of the Account in name of ( your name )

BANK

ACCOUNT NUMBER

IFSC CODE

I need the details of the Interest earned & if any TDS deducted during the financial year 2016-2017. (1st April 2016 till 31st March 2017) including TAN Number on the Interest certificate of the Bank.

I need the details to plan and prepare for remitting my income tax advance amount correctly. I find some mismatch on comparing with the credit from income tax department online facility.

Kindly give me the full Interest certificate including TAN Number as required at the earliest.

Thanking you

yours faithfully
xxxxx

If there was no TDS deducted, will Form 16A have any data?

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Hi All,

Was going through the discussion. Even I have received the notice yesterday night with proposed  addition.

My addition is on account of mismatch in deductions claimed in section 80C and minor difference in salary income due to non submission of medical expense bills.

This is not justified as they cannot limit the claims u/s 80C only through employer. Employer closes their window of proof submission in Jan-Feb of the month. If someone does an investment in March which was not planned earlier, will tax authority decline my claim? If this is to be followed, what is the use of filing the return, where an assessee does the self computation and there may be differences in employer's calculations and assessee's calculations.

My window for submission of reply is not open yet, would like to seek some inputs from other experts in the forum.

Regards,

Himanshu Bansal

Replied 27 July 2017

Originally posted by : CMA Narendhar Reddy
even my client got same notice..
But in his case the employer has not deducted the HRA in form 16, so we shown tottal income after deducting the HRA claim.
E-proceedings page is showing no records found.. How to replay ?

E-Proceedings page will have data qfter a couple of days.

Vivek Soni (2 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Solution to problem Communication u/s 143(1)(a) 

https://cleartax.in/s/received-notice-mismatch-income-form-1616a-heres-need/?utm_content=buffer4ded2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Rohit Sharma (4 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Completely agree with you. I also got this. I had added Rs. 10000 to 80G in ITR. Now employers don't even provide an option to declare 80G.

Rohit Sharma (4 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Originally posted by : CA Himanshu Bansal
Hi All,

Was going through the discussion. Even I have received the notice yesterday night with proposed  addition.

My addition is on account of mismatch in deductions claimed in section 80C and minor difference in salary income due to non submission of medical expense bills.

This is not justified as they cannot limit the claims u/s 80C only through employer. Employer closes their window of proof submission in Jan-Feb of the month. If someone does an investment in March which was not planned earlier, will tax authority decline my claim? If this is to be followed, what is the use of filing the return, where an assessee does the self computation and there may be differences in employer's calculations and assessee's calculations.

My window for submission of reply is not open yet, would like to seek some inputs from other experts in the forum.

Regards,

Himanshu Bansal

Completely agree with you. I also got this. I had added Rs. 10000 to 80G in ITR. Now employers don't even provide an option to declare 80G.

Replied 27 July 2017

Originally posted by : Vivek Soni
Solution to problem Communication u/s 143(1)(a) 

https://cleartax.in/s/received-notice-mismatch-income-form-1616a-heres-need/?utm_content=buffer4ded2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Are the TAN fields mandatory? or can we leave them blank since Bank did not deduct any TDS for me?

Mayank Thakral (2 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

yes they have same answer for these kind of queries.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: