Easy Office
LCI Learning

Communication u/s 143(1)(a)

Page no : 2

Kapil Aggarwal (44 Points)
Replied 25 July 2017

If we do revise return...then we can add this 10k amount to the very first colume ( Gross income ) and then deduct under 80TTA. if you do that , you will see its getting deducted but while adding to income from other source, Interest income upto 10k is not deducting. hence, getting notice from income tax.

if i disagree - I do not have data.

If I Agree - This 10k will be added to my total salary and need to pay the highest bracket taxes + penalty.

Please check and let us know the solution.

Thanks.

Pushpreet (Asosciate) (59 Points)
Replied 25 July 2017

Hi, E proceedings section is visible now. But, same question what do I write there? My bank did not deduct TDS. I just paid the self assessment tax on the amount over 10000.

So, I do not have any TAN number etc. I added income from other sources and deducted 10000 u/s 80TTA and paid Self assessment tax on the remaining amount. I have already filled the Challan number etc in the return.

Replied 26 July 2017

Hello All Members, Anyone got any solution or just pay taxes which they have demanded. I spoke to Bank , they said we can provide you Interest certificate/form-16 but we haven't deducted any TDS as it was less than 10k. while doing disagree, its asking for all the details which i don't have or I will agree with their demands. Quick question - Is Govt has stopped rebate under 80TTA. Or please advise the solution of this. Please advise.

Replied 26 July 2017

Rebate u/s 80 TTA has NOT stopped. We should NOT pay any extra tax. Are the TAN number etc. manadatory fields? I think we should reply with whatever details we have and write our justification in the last column.

Arijit Das (37 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Pushpreet,

I agree. We should not pay any extra tax. 

Did you try to disagree without specifying the TAN details ? Is it accepting ?

Replied 26 July 2017

Hi Arijit,

I am waiting to hear it from some expert. Else I will go ahead and disagree and provide whatever justification I can,

Thanks,

Pushpreet

neeraj gupta (1138 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

In case the tax is not due, then don't agree to the demand. Have the necessary proof ready with yourself. You can avail upto 10000 under 80TTA if you added income from Savings Account Interest in Other income. 

Pinkesh Prajapati (Senior Accountant) (31 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

same issue me

Pinkesh Prajapati (Senior Accountant) (31 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Interest on Housing Loan Amount Show in Form 16

Notice Received from IT Department Interest on Housing Loan Not Show in form 16

Notice Received 143(1)a Proporsed Adjustment

1 Like

Ratnadeep Majumder (2 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Hi,

I got same intimation from incometax dept. Here I am trying to understand couple of things.

I got one fixed deposit and bank already deducted TDS and I have TAN details.

So providing TAN details and disagree to pay any additonal tax will work for me or I need recalculate the tax amount based on tax slab. Please advise.

Also want to know If I ignore this intimation, what will be the status of my return file... will it never processed?

Please reply.

Thanks

Ratnadeep

Replied 26 July 2017

Hi All,

just got an update from the Income tax, If filing ITR-1 , they are matching the same with the form-16 and form 26AS.

If there is any difference then everyone will get this notice for any fields.

This is auto genenerated emails which we all are getting, This is not secrutny.

Coming Saturday I will go Bank and ask for Form-16 from them , which contains the TAN also. then I will try to apply the same and expalin about it that took claim under 80TTA. 

will submit the scan copy of form-16/TDS certificate from bank to the response to the query, then let see what will be the action.

or if anyone is goign to try anything else, let us all know so that others will also get benefits :)

personal note :- dont want to go for CA or something, better I will pay taxes then going to CA or anyone else. max what they will do take taxes on top of it ...hehe itna de rahe hein thoda aur sahi ....

Ashok Kumawat (2 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Subject: Communication of proposed adjustment u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961

The return for PAN BQZPK7665M, Assessment Year 2017-18 E-filing- Acknowledgement number 810522220190617 Dated 19-JUN-17 {AY, Acknowledgement Number and Date are obtained from the ITR} contains the errors/incorrect claims/ inconsistencies which attract adjustment(s), as specified u/s. 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961, as annexed in Part-A [(i) to (vi), as applicable]. You are herewith afforded an opportunity to respond to the below mentioned adjustment(s) proposed u/s. 143(1)(a) within a period of 30 days (thirty days) from the date of issue of this communication. Please provide the required information or file a revised return, as applicable, through online mode. To submit response, kindly log on to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your "user name and password" and choose "e-Assessment/Proceeding" under the “e-proceeding" section.

Abey (Article) (39 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Hey guys,

Even I got the same e-mail.

Please help me out here, this is happening with me for the first time.

Deduction u/6A as per my employer Form 16 is only Rs.30600 (EPF) because they didn't add tution fees of children which is Rs. 52000 so I added that to my return which came to Rs.82600

Today, I received an email saying that they have added Rs.52000 back to my income.

What should I do now?? I filed using Online ITR from IT website. Please help me.

"e-Assessment/Proceeding" under the “e-proceeding" section." says "no records" as well.

Best Regards,

Abey

omparkash bishnoi (10 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Tan is mandatory for filing response

omparkash bishnoi (10 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

Yes you need to calculate tax amount and pay the difference if any secondly if you ignore the notice itr will be processed after notice period and you will have additional tax liability

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: