LCI Learning

CASPSULE (FINAL SECOND GR) STUDY PROGRAMME

Page no : 3

DEV G (GENERAL MANAGER) (207 Points)
Replied 22 February 2010

1. START UP FOR CA STUDY

v     Make very sound your mind.

v     Have Ultimate faith in yourself.

v     Be Positive in your Attitude and Thinking .

v     Live in CA .

v      Dream only  CA.

v     Love only CA.

v     Mean  devote yourself  100 %  in CA Study for !00 % Success.

v     Involve yourself 100% in this course . Utilizes every bit of precious time while you are walking , sleeping ,  dining and bathing etc.

v     Make Your friend like minded only and make study group together and have a healthy  competition .

v     True Friends may change your life and make easy Your Dream Aim always. So please be very much careful while making Friends .

v     Always cultivate good habits in yourself and try to groom professional approach  in your behavior , working, nature, and thinking.

v     Use your mind maximum by using it in unconventional manner. Try to understand every concept of the Subjects, topics and understand it very well  , than  go to chapter wise study  when you are in training period . do not leave any chapters untouched . get the expertise of every subjects   . If any subjects looks tough than pl study it with your friends or take coaching but dear after that u have to read it yourself , so chase it until you will not get it successfully.

v     Remember very Intelligent people remains fail here but Hardworking , determined and consistent students always excels in this exam. I know 100 of CA who are of this type  and are CA and doing their practice very well. 

1. When you are in Training

v     Always select A Good CA Firm for training because you will be influenced and inculcate the attributes of the parterres of the firm’  and off course you will inherit the management system and  working environment of the

v     Honestly do hard work and take initiation in the assignments . it will pay you in your future .

v     Try to correlate what to had studied  with the working of your audit assignments.

v     Be punctual .

1. When you are going to sit to write in PEE_/ PCC and Final Exams

v     Starting with any subject please ask with your self  why we are studying it and what benefit we can take from this subjects .

v     Read Institute Material First .

v     Go from beginning to end at first attempt .

v      Make separate studying strategies for theoretical and practical subjects

v     For Theory Subjects  you must read your subjects first time like a novel and second time point out for important topics of the chapter and third time like a expert for bullet point of the most important . Fourth time u must be able to conceptualize the chapter and its contents by just overlooking any chapter.

v     For practical Subjects  Lots of practice of all important topics according to the scanner . it will save the times . Understand the concepts of the chapter and do the practice of the important chapters .  Practice  at least four times for a whole chapter until u r not able to understand a questions just at glance and a quick frame in your mind 4 answer. Pl makes a notes for theory portion also  and do not miss it please. Mock practice after completing the revisions in the examination conditions.

v     FOR EXAM TIME  pl make a very brief handouts for just quick review.

v     Most important point -you must discuss orally with your friend important topics just at ease with handouts. it will give you permanent memory.

1. When you become Fail in exam .

v     Be cool and calm and relax. Be honest with your failure. Do not blame this great institute please. Socho aisa kyo hua hai . What are the reasons behind the failure . Please write down the points When the others has passed the exams why you had not been .

v     Do not loose the heart and Come Again ( CA )for Big Fight  .

v     Make new strategies and try to fulfill the drawbacks made last time.

v     Ask those who has been passed and take the tips and follow the way.

v     Think Positive . Be positive . life is very beautiful and precious . So my dear fulfill it with your achievements and success.

v     Remember Success do not in shortcuts. You had to go very long for it. 

v     One quotation is worthwhile to mention here for your kind consideration The dream is not what you see in sleep. ” Dream is the thing which does not let you sleep.”  

v     So try again my dear friend and prepare for next exams . 

1. Other Points to be noted please.

v     Be always energetic while doing CA.

v     Set your target Date when likely to complete your CA and be stick with that.

v     Keep yourself in healthy state .

v     Be sensible in your  dress  and behavior.

v     If possible do Yoga for sound mind.

v     Reward yourself when you finish small small target of study and passing the exam, such as I will see that particular movie when I will finish so much of chapters of a particular subjects.

v      Be selfish for your study and steal the time from your day daily.

v     Read positive books and motivational literature for cleaning your negatives and tocsins .

v     Bust your stress .

v     Inculcate Good habits from anyone .

v     Try to put your best always in everything. BE habitual of  it.

v     Do not follow wrongs people / tactics.

Please respond further in this move how to crack CA . I am also awaiting to be CA and is to appear in May 2010.

Best of luck to all CA aspirants .

Dev .

1 Like

Santhosh (Senior Executive - Finance )   (40 Points)
Replied 22 February 2010

Replied 22 February 2010

Replied 22 February 2010

Replied 22 February 2010

Replied 22 February 2010

Hi Vivek,

It is good to know that you finally managed to get through in CA. Congratualtions! You have worked hard despite of time constrants and passed! That's really good!!

Your reply to Dev G which starts with "Hi Dev, You are lucky man…!!! Satuday, Sunday off…" is really an interesting one which I thoroughly enjoyed reading that reply. I too share the same observation that you have made on the modus operandi and sequence of answering the questions in cost management paper.

You've quoted a dialogue from 'Chak De' and it did NOT go waste. I certainly I admired this reply! Quoting that relevant dialogue made this reply even more relevant.

Thanks for writing an interesting and useful reply! All the best to you in your career!!

Cheers!

Santosh

jagruti supekar (CA Final) (335 Points)
Replied 22 February 2010

Originally posted by : Vivek
Hi Dev,

You are lucky man…!!! Satuday, Sunday off…. I got only Sunday off… That too in some Sundays, I had to go to office… Every day, I used to reach home by 7.45… From 9.00 PM to 1Am-2AM I used to study… If I cant sit in night.., I used to get up early & study…

From you are marks, I think you not having problem with DT, right….?

Costing don’t ignore theory questions… See the attachment… I have attached all theory questions asked in exam… Prepare answers to those questions… There is another file in that attachment which contains answers to some of the theory questions in costing…. In exam, answer theory exams first… reason: In costing all students start with problems…, at the end they don’t get time to answer theory questions… At the end of the day, most end up with “mistakes in problems & not attempted theory”… So, if you answer theory first in costing, your paper looks different & catches the attention of the examiner & you will get good marks… Remember Chak De India dialog of SRK : “Hamla samne vale ki goal post per nahi… Hamla samne vale ki dimag par karo… Goal apne ap Banjayegi….!!!!” So, answering your paper in a different way is a must…. After theory, then go for QT part (like transportation, assignment, LPP, Learning curve etc etc) because, if you know how to solve, you can solve without much difficult & chances of scoring is very high….So…. In marginal costing, ABC, transfer pricing etc you can solve atleast 25% even if you don’t know anything… But QT part you cant touch if you don’t know… So, give more attn to QT part…. Another important is solve problems from compilations…. It will help a lot….

MICS only compilation…. Read a question from compilation (not answer…!!!), refer the file attached by me… Prepare your own notes to that question by referring to the fiels uploaded by me… I have uploaded 4 files of MICS…. Out of them 3 files are short point wise notes…. Another file is Ranjith Jayadevan… it is around 185 pages you can ignore it, if you don’t need… But take print of 2nd page of it… It contains which chapters to study first, which comes second etc… (5stars means high important, 4 means important, 3 means average, 2 star means less imp like that)…

For IDT, refer to the file uploaded by me… (you can find it by visiting my profile & there “files”,, Name of File is IDT summary)… But it is not updated…. But you can use it with latest edition of Bangar book…But read a chapter from that file & then read relevant chapter in Bangar Book… By this, you will come across all amendments…. That file clearly explains the entire chapter in just 2-3 pages…. Very good….

This is the method I followed… I hope it is useful to you also..

Hi Vivek,

U mentioned in the above message that in Cost M. first of all attempt theory Qs.then QT and after that the rest Q.paper.In exam,It's required that attempt all sub-parts of a Q. at one place means  if u want to first attempt Q.No.1 and it has 4 parts then attempt all the 4 and then go for other Q.My problem is that how can we manage this and follow this instuction specially in Practical Q. Paper like Cost M., where the paper is so lengthy?How did u manage it?Please do reply.

If anybody can suggest,then please do guide me. 

Thanks in advance.

Vivek (Finally passed CA Final...!!!!!)   (1097 Points)
Replied 22 February 2010

Good question Jagruti.... There are some rules which are meant to be broken....!!!! I hope you got the answer... If you know 1(a), 3(d), 2(b), 4(c) very well, write them first... dont follow the rule that all parts of subquestions must be in one place...(i know that this rule is there in the "Instructions to students" which comes with hall ticket & also in the instructions which the invigilator reads loudly in the exam hall..!!! but dont go to follow it) Believe me, i did not follow that rule... But clearly write in margin like this "Answer to question No. 1(a)"....Answer to question No. 2(b).... Nobody writes like that... all will just write 1(a), 2(c) etc.... But if you write full words, it will leave better impression on the evalutor... I repeat: "First attempt those questions which you know better...!!!"

Best of luck..

1 Like

Replied 22 February 2010

Thanks for your Good wishes Santhosh.... Best of Luck...

jagruti supekar (CA Final) (335 Points)
Replied 23 February 2010

Thanks Vivek for guiding me regarding my problem about attempting Q.paper.I found it very difficult to answer according to following that rule.But now I will follow ur suggestion.It will b really helpful to attempt a Q.Paper more effectively coz till now,I tried to follow the rule to attempt all subparts of a Q.at one place by leaving gap for a subpart which ans.I didn't know well.

Replied 24 February 2010

TXS

VIVEK AGAIN

CANT U TELL ABOUT

DT

IDT

MICS FOR THE BENIFIT OF ALL

COMMUNITY OF CA FINAL STUDENT.

Replied 24 February 2010

Hi Dev, I think i have mentioned about all papers of second group in earlier posts... Hope it helps all those who are writing exams...

Replied 24 February 2010

Hey Vivek & Dev,

Any idea how is the book titled "Notes on Direct Taxes"(In capsule format)  by Ravi Gupta & Girish Ahuja? I have not had the opportunity to go through this book.

1. How voluminous is it?
  2. Is it on lines of Ajay Jain's Indirect Taxes book (latest edition)?

I want to repeat the following topics as as many times as I can before going into the exam hall.

1. Income from business or profession
  2. Capital Gains
  3. Income from other sources
  4. Procedure for assessment
  5. Penalties and Prosecutions
  6. Wealth Tax
  7. Deductions

So, I'm interested in exploring a book in a capsule format so that I put myself at ease in remembering these.

If any of you guys here could share your thoughts on this, that would be very helpful to me.

Thanks!

Santosh

Replied 25 February 2010

Originally posted by : Santosh, CA Final Student

Hey Vivek & Dev,

Any idea how is the book titled "Notes on Direct Taxes"(In capsule format)  by Ravi Gupta & Girish Ahuja? I have not had the opportunity to go through this book.

How voluminous is it?

Is it on lines of Ajay Jain's Indirect Taxes book (latest edition)?

I want to repeat the following topics as as many times as I can before going into the exam hall.

Income from business or profession

Capital Gains

Income from other sources

Procedure for assessment

Penalties and Prosecutions

Wealth Tax

Deductions

So, I'm interested in exploring a book in a capsule format so that I put myself at ease in remembering these.

If any of you guys here could share your thoughts on this, that would be very helpful to me.

Thanks!

Santosh

dear i havnt seen above mentioned books but  the topics you have selected are very very important and one must do that again and again.

Replied 25 February 2010

HI SANTOSH,

I HAD STUDIED WITH BARE ACT AND VINOD GUPTA NOTES . I GOT CLEARD IN THIS PAPER IN LAST ATTEMPT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: