Easy Office
LCI Learning

CAs beaten up by MBAs in Top Salary N Top comapnies..

Page no : 2

Shristi Jain (Practicing Company Secretary LL.B & B.com)   (419 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

I agree with you but what about the hardwork which a student do and he will not be able to pass in first attempt and to pass it he will have to give many attempts and after that he may not be succeeded!!!!!!!

and he can not be able to do any other course because of giving many attempts to CA and his career may get ruined

Originally posted by : sanyam arora

disagree with u.....u should not see salary but the quality of a charted a cconyanat........!!!!

Manjul Soni. (CA Student.) (1407 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

At the end I can only say that whether You do, CA or MBA or just  BA, its all about Individuals attitude, Capabilities and Will power that lands them on the  Top of their Field.

i just agree with that your thought and also that attitude is must for Evevryone

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

@ pravinchandra n manjul soni..

see one of my friend is CA used to get 9 lakhs after 3 years of work ex in Pharma company as an assistant manager..he got through in ISB-Indian Business School. n got the profile of DGM-finance in ISB with the salary of 18 lakhs..do u guys think in just 1 year his capabilities  changed?Attitute changed?ISB no role in it?but he's saying he learned alot in doing CA but ISB has marketed him well........

nitish pawar (article..) (176 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

sir ca is no..1 and in it will also no...1 .....in future,.

nitish pawar (article..) (176 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

i agree with sayam arora......completly..

YASH JAIN (ARTICLE) (554 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Shinoj I am ur fan you always hit the right jack pot...................................Though many people in this forum go to emotional attachment that ca is vast and knowledeable or icai want to encourgae practices all kind of theoritical statement ur views are always appreciable. Its just not me but also some of my CA friends who appreciate this article of urs. But could u also throw some light on the solution of same.

Replied 22 December 2010

@ nitish

CA is no.1?in what?yes some people like Akhil gupta,nilesh shah,Anand Rathi have shown CA derserves great respect but average salary is jsut not good even though very less students clearing CA final..

@ Sanyam

whats the use of the quality if thats not translate into good salary ..

Saurabh Chakravorty (Manager (CEO Cell)) (33 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Fully agree with Shinoj. People who are good in language excel in life to a greater extent as compared to to people who are good at number crunching.

CA's suffer because of their poor presentability, report writing and language.

MBA courses teach you as to how one should work in a professional enviornment.

Replied 22 December 2010

@ Yash Jain..

Thanks for the appreciation

Solutions..

1-Believe me when there is less demand of CAs then demand can be increased by not limiting CAs to auditing/taxation firms but also to companies like Investment Banking,Wealth Management,Consultancy,Share Broking firms by offering Tailor made speciation in CA course..

2-Taking greater number in CPT is not a good idea so take lesser number by introducing PE 1...Playing  with students is not  good idea..because if some body do not clear CA Final he/she stands no where..

3-classroom interaction  must start ..private coaching is too expensive n n not worth..in classroon apart from regualr subject classes computer class with soft skill classes be introdued..just 15 days-GMCS is too short to gain anything..

4-Many students struggle to clear CA Final..entrance test  should be line with IIT/IIMs..repeating CA Final again n again frustrates students..

5-Keep meeting with industries as to what they want from CAs..in which areas they can be further trained..even for practicing CAs there should be hepl ranging from acquisitions of smaller firms n helping to find clients..

6- Changing course frequetly which is like old wine in  new bottle n hardly any benefical..

7-Many CAs stuggles to speak english which an be improved by keeping English as one of the subjects in Entrance..

ICAI objective must be to Create Frontline Managers for Corporate India, Managers armed with practical knowledge of Business Verticals with excellent Analytic and communication skills, discipline & strong work ethic.

2 Like

keyur (partner) (30 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

dude ..... i guess u ought to promote ICAI on dis site ..... if u dont wanna do it ......... join some other blog ok ...... cause if MBAs' have more worth than wat u think in comparison to CAs' thn better pursue  dat course ........ soooo jus shut up nd refrain from posting such things in future ok .......

Replied 22 December 2010

@ Keyur..

nothing like offending some one..but we can make CA a better course..i'm 1st attempt CA n CS..u must  give suggestions to improve present CA course n to understand who r failing again n again in CA Final..

Saurabh Chakravorty (Manager (CEO Cell)) (33 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Dear Keyur,

Neither is this site for promotion of ICAI. This is primarily a discussion forum and that is exactly what we are doing.

Even the CA module says "be polite but forceful'. Use of words like "Shut-Up e.t.c" is unwarranted.

If you do not want to a part of the discussion, you can always stay away.

The discussion was about 'why CA's are given a tough time by the less knowledgeable MBA's and where do we lack?

And, we are fortumate to receive varied opinion of members, both positive and negative.

Replied 22 December 2010

@ saurabh..well said..

ICAI objective must be to Create Frontline Managers for Corporate India, Managers armed with practical knowledge of Business Verticals with excellent Analytic and communication skills, discipline & strong work ethic.

SUNNY (CA Final & CS Professional)   (327 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

hey shinoj... anubhav is right me agree with him... Course is just way for your success but the main part of it depend on ur inner ability... buddy just cheer up n who want to joinnn company ... we have to open our own company.... and we will hire that MBA'sssss so nothing to be worry just chill n do ur best in ur field.......

1 Like

ankit (bhopal) (76 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

yes i cumpletely agree.that mba'z with less of hard work r offered to say tHe least just the double of what ca STUDENTS  get.............i believe main reason for it is mba reputed institutions teach how to conduct themselves in proffesional environment................they r given lot of practical knowledge...gd group tasks all help them to do much face interviewz n their jobs much better...............STARTING SALARY PACKAGES OF 20-25 LAKHS STILL REMAINS A DREAM FOR ICAI STUDENTS I GUESS!!!...........WHEREAS IIM DON NOT OFFER LESSER.SEMINARS DISCUSSIONS WITH EXPERIENCED CEOS.......N ALL HELP THEM TO GAIN AN EDGE OVER US

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: