Easy Office
LCI Learning

CAs beaten up by MBAs in Top Salary N Top comapnies..

Page no : 3

Devkumar (Counselor) (106 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Doing MBA is now not difficult like it used to be, some years ago. Existence of online MBA programs in India has made things much easier and with this you will also not have to compromise on your work. There are many universities all over India offering excellent courses related to MBA which can assist in boosting up your career.

There are many leading B schools that offer excellent programs by which you can learn management skills and proper business ethics. Surviving in this competitive market is also an achievement. With online MBA degrees you can easily learn different tactics of running business and can add some of the managerial skills to your kitty.

Anubhav (Student) (589 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Its good to see a positive argument going in here.People are divided over this issue but I guess no one is completely right and no one is completely wrong, so its good to have a discussion. Its the right of every member of the institute to work for its betterment. At the core Shinoj has stated things quiet well and I do agree with him but my disagreement is only on one point and i.e about which career is more rewarding. I still feel that in long-term CA is definately much ahead, if you are ready to work hard in the short term. I know two CAs-one working at 2.5 lacs a year(age32) and one 1.2 crore a year(age about 48) in an MNC firm.Plus never forget the tremendous opportunities in Middle East. I still suggest students to take up practise and capture the huge auditing and taxation 'market' virtually being completely outsourced. ICAI is trying its best, but we as students and future members should grab and cherish the opportunity.

2 Like

Dheeraj (Learner) (1100 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

if u have entered in CA than respect it.

otherwise u will always blame it

the main work for A Chartered Accountant is fulfilled by Practise not by the Job.

A real CA is only the Ca who is in practise, at job, a ca is also become an employee of the co. like others

there cant be any comparison between a proffession and a job.

CA.Pravinchandra (Executive (F&A)) (2387 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

@ Shinoj sir,

Suggestons given by you to improve the quality of CA 100% right. But these are the Policy matters of Council. And we all  know policy making directly realted with Politics. So when Changing the policy, ICAI first considers Practising members interest. To adopt all these points they have to decrese term of Articleship under principal.(Coz, Investment Banking,Wealth Management and other finance matters not  in Ca offices ).

And you know ours is Democracy and Ruler works for Voters thats it.!

First of all ICAI needs to be kind of  Professional University like IIM or IIT and If they give prority to Student concern then things may impove. But we can only hope so, nothing more than that..

Pinakin (CPT student) (92 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Originally posted by : Anubhav

Its good to see a positive argument going in here.People are divided over this issue but I guess no one is completely right and no one is completely wrong, so its good to have a discussion. Its the right of every member of the institute to work for its betterment. At the core Shinoj has stated things quiet well and I do agree with him but my disagreement is only on one point and i.e about which career is more rewarding. I still feel that in long-term CA is definately much ahead, if you are ready to work hard in the short term. I know two CAs-one working at 2.5 lacs a year(age32) and one 1.2 crore a year(age about 48) in an MNC firm.Plus never forget the tremendous opportunities in Middle East. I still suggest students to take up practise and capture the huge auditing and taxation 'market' virtually being completely outsourced. ICAI is trying its best, but we as students and future members should grab and cherish the opportunity.

Blockbuster comment!! like it share it! :)

1 Like

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

@ pravinchandra..yes u r right ICAI thinks more of practicing CAs then others..

Well guys ICAI can not n will not help u change urseif but u urself can make a differnc..there r many crying foul as ICAI not passing 2nd group-ca final students..

Advise-keep improving urself,improve lifestyle,focus on soft skills aprt from preparing for the exam in the right direction..if rank holders can get 500 plus marks u too can get 400..even if they r very intelligent....

(Guest)

To Persons who said that ICAI need not change at all, I request you all to differ. First of all, look into the trend of what is happening over last 10 to 15 years, almost every person who qualifies CA tries for a job rather than opening his own 300 sq ft office unless his own parents or relative is an already established practising CA with a good amount of clientele. Reason being if a person starts practise currently he not only have to compete with Big 4 but also with the firms established by our Senior Members of ICAI and also opportunity costs are heavy nowadays. If a person after qualifying CA joins for a job, he can enjoy higher rapid growth(both in terms of money as well as position) than in practise. Also, if u look at the recent trends, almost many members are taking careers outside the non traditional areas i.e. accounting, auditing and taxation whereas practise was the only option to most of the CA passouts before 1995.in CA articleship, a person is taught only some jugglery work in accounting, auditing and taxation areas alone unless he does his articles in Big 4 and ICAI is constantly changing its course curriculum from CA Intermediate to PE2 to PCC to IPCC depending upon the requirement of articled trainees for their practising members alone. MBA course is specifically designed to suit the changing needs of the Industry whereas CA course is still conservative in its approach(it has not changed to meet the growing needs of Industry). Well, many may not agree with me but consider this thing, MBA grads may not be knowledge freaks but they know how to extract knowledge and make it work for them.  Thats where CAs are beaten by MBAs. There is a need for some constructive changes in ICAI as per my opinion.

1 Like

Pravin Kumar (article) (166 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

CA is the Best.

No one can bit CA even MBA. be confident on own profession........

Replied 23 December 2010

@ Pravin

this is not a forum for just saying this is better  n than gone..why u feel so?you must  SUBSTANCIATE. why u feel CAs R best?in what way u think so?u must make a point n substanciate with facts than just writing a point..

CA Dauzi Pathan Imran Khan (Chartered Accountant in Practise)   (1678 Points)
Replied 23 December 2010

Originally posted by : shinoj

@ nitish

CA is no.1?in what?yes some people like Akhil gupta,nilesh shah,Anand Rathi have shown CA derserves great respect but average salary is jsut not good even though very less students clearing CA final..

@ Sanyam

whats the use of the quality if thats not translate into good salary ..

If U want Salary..

Go to Maphia or else join so called Jeehaad Centres..

U will get lot of money..

But money without respect is nothing but Sad..!!!

CA Dauzi Pathan Imran Khan (Chartered Accountant in Practise)   (1678 Points)
Replied 23 December 2010

Originally posted by : shinoj
@ Pravin
this is not a forum for just saying this is better  n than gone..why u feel so?you must  SUBSTANCIATE. why u feel CAs R best?in what way u think so?u must make a point n substanciate with facts than just writing a point..

As we all know

CA- the two alphabets of trust..!!

If Doctor is needed to get rid off health problem  for NAtural Humans...

An Auditor is also needed to remove irregularities of Artificial Humans(COmpanies)]

Lot of people say Gandhi is not deserved of what he has now..

But we all know what is truth.....

Smile on..!!

1 Like

Durga (Student) (47 Points)
Replied 23 December 2010

i agree with shinoj

even n my firm my senior,a very talented person is not able to get a good job just coz of the reason he cleared final after 3 attemps..

Replied 23 December 2010

@ imran Khan

it is sad when u say MBA from top institutes do not have respect as CAs get..on the contrary if u meet someone who is  CA n someone whos from IIM -Ahmedabad..other person will give more respect to person from IIM ahmedabad just because getting in IIM- is 100 times more difficult than doing CA..persons like u overhyped CA..it is just another degree but due to very limited supply salary is desent and thats all..even intelligent people from SRCC commands very good salary comparable to CAs..if u say CAs command the greater respect u r wrong..then u don't know u much respect an IAS officer commands..

Akmohandas (CA Practice ) (20 Points)
Replied 23 December 2010

My own perception is that in a CA course, it matters very much where you join for articleship training. In a good firm, your training will be good in all aspects including presentation skills. In India, single proprietory firms constitute the highest number in practice, where quality is a limiting factor. If one happens to do his initial training there, he will have knowledge for sure, but presentation is a challenge. On the contrary, a person who got trained in a firm, where the systems are in place, his training will be better and he will be a cut above the others. In an MBA programme, the presentation skill of the students are sharpened along with curriculam and after two years he has an edge over other professionals for sure.

This is my view; I am open to correction

(Guest)

what i believe is that in todays scenario nobody is stopping after becoming ca as most of the people do mba after completing ca and get a very huge pay package as they get an edge over people who r jst ca.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: