Easy Office
LCI Learning

CA exams on alternate days!!!!

Page no : 7
(Guest)

yaar,

Is it true that CA Final Group II exam dates show even "SUNDAY" as an exam day ? e.g, 9th & 16th..??????????????????????? Is this SUNDAY Exams first time in ICAI History too ???

Nothing wrong to have an exam on sunday as long as we have alternative days of exam....what do you say ?

(Guest)

yaar,

Is it true that CA Final Group II exam dates show even "SUNDAY" as an exam day ? e.g, 9th & 16th..??????????????????????? Is this SUNDAY Exams first time in ICAI History too ???

Nothing wrong to have an exam on sunday as long as we have alternative days of exam....what do you say ?

abc (C.A.) (0 Points)
Replied 30 July 2008

The reason for this is NOT that institute really wants to give revision / relaxation time to the students.

The institute is forced into taking this purely because:-

The sheer number of students having their exams due in Nov. 2008 is VERY high thanks to the leniant results of CPT Nov. 2006 & Feb 2007 exams. This makes it impossible for the institute to arrange the PCC, Final & Post Qualification Course exams on the same day at the same exam centre.

Tharish V (Student) (988 Points)
Replied 30 July 2008

not a good decision..

institute being such prestigious should maintain consistency..

shreyas (Student) (260 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

It is not the good thing since it lowered the toughness of the exams, also now the problem of time management becomes comparatively much easier for the student.

CA, CMA (Service) (239 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

Not Good not Bad .as papers will get tougher but time is more to prepare

(Guest)

I think this is not the right decision. In fact it should be 4 days affair morning and evening session just like we have in ICWAI. CA is for those who prepare well for the exam and i thing extra day will not make much sence.

CA.Nikhil Gupta (PRACTICE) (768 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

not a gud move

Satyendra sahu (service) (216 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

Hi all,

lot of mixed reaction, but many comments are  like decision is not good. As our exam is not only just exam, rather it is process of selecting the correct candidates for profession. Facilitating students will not help much. If we consider our current market  condisions, it is to much  compitative it does not give you additional time  for  preperation. You have to update your selves at every moment.

Satish Makam (Asst. Manager - Accounts)   (294 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

we feel, as  students,  happy  to hear the news regarding examinations on alternative days . But we ,being professional students,  shouldn't given this much of relax.

CA Jithesh C (Chartered Accountant) (253 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

Its a good decision. It will be more useful for theory papers.

shivaji jadhav (Student) (31 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

Superbe Decision and relief to student, as they can get sufficient time to revise the study.

GURINDER KAUR (ACCOUNTANT) (37 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

Originally posted by :Aisha
" CA exams on alternate days!!!! yes u heard me right :))

PCC
Group-I:     2nd, 4th and 6th November, 2008
Group-II:    8th, 10th and 12th November, 2008

FINAL
Group -I: 1, 3, 5 and 7 November, 2008
Group -II: 9th, 11th, 14th and 16th November, 2008

Is it the right thing to do.. letz discuss here...!!!!

"

AISHA its a great thing to hear.I am so excited to hear so. Now we students have some relief. thanks to the institute.

Swati P (Chartered Accountant) (173 Points)
Replied 31 July 2008

I don't understand how to take this, but as far as Nov.08 students are concerned , they should take ICAIs this move in a balanced positive manner.

N gv the best they can  & make most out of it !!

Only ICAI can explain why such move is taken n ppl like us who r unaware of the reason should not necessarily waste our time in finding reasons n arriving at conclusions !! But for sure this move in no way spoils Image of C.A. rather it is encouraging  move.

ONE WHO GIVES EXAMS can understand the trauma that he undergoes a night before !!

BE POSITIVE

All the BEST !!

BALAJI (coaching) (78 Points)
Replied 01 August 2008

Yes its really good decision, It's really helpfull

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: