Easy Office
LCI Learning

Any excel expert here ?

Page no : 3

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 07 December 2012

Originally posted by : SAGAR

Mr Ayush u Ur self a Expert in Excell

still u r searching for a export Y ????

Dear Sagar,

I am Not Expert, and as far as excel is concerned, there are lots of thigs in excel which every one dont know, i learned lot of things after posing in this topic....

and knowledge gaining never ends..........

always in search of knowledge.........

1 Like

SAGAR (ARTICLED ASSISTANCE) (236 Points)
Replied 07 December 2012

Thanks u sir,

Due to ur Query i learn one more option in Tally ie

Ctrl+H, and how it works

Ajay Singh Bhati (Manager (Accounts)) (215 Points)
Replied 14 December 2012

Dear friends,

I have also faced the same problem long back and tried to resolve it for almost 3-4 days continuously. Took help about excel online and books and all and finally I resolved it. I am explaining the way I did it and I hope it would be helpful to you too.

1. In any blank cell, put the value -1, Copy this value by pressing Ctrl+C

2. Now, without pressing Esc or anyother key , Press Ctrl+F. It will open "Find and Replace" window

3. Click on "Format" button - in the next window click on "Custom" option on "Number" tab. After selecting "Custom" in the other part of the window from the "Type" option, scroll down all the option and click on ""0.000" Cr" and click ok.

4. Now again from the "Find & Replace" window, click on "Find All" button. it will show the list of all cells containing the value as per the format we selected above. 

5. You can select this list in this window by clicking on it with Shift. This operation will select all the related cells in the worksheet. (Remember that the Cell which has the value -1 is still highlithed, because you had pressed Ctrl+C (copied) to it. 

6. Now when you have selected all these cells from "Find & Replace" window, press "Close" to close this window.

7. Now press Alt+E and then S. This will open "Paste Special" (For Paste Special, there are difference commands in difference version of Excel, so use accordingly).

8. When "Paste Special" window opens, select "Multiply" optiion from "Operation" section of this window and press OK.

9. All "Cr" value will be changed in negative. After doing so select all the cells and press Ctrl+Shift+1. It will change the format of numeric values. In the new values, all your Negative values are "Cr" values and Positive Values are "Dr" values. 

I hope this information would be useful to all people who uses Tally and export reports from it in Excel. In case you find any problem at any point, you can contact me on my gtalk or yahoo ID which is "asb1811" 

Thanks and Regards

Ajay Singh

3 Like

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 14 December 2012

Originally posted by : Ajay Singh Bhati

Dear friends,

I have also faced the same problem long back and tried to resolve it for almost 3-4 days continuously. Took help about excel online and books and all and finally I resolved it. I am explaining the way I did it and I hope it would be helpful to you too.

1. In any blank cell, put the value -1, Copy this value by pressing Ctrl+C

2. Now, without pressing Esc or anyother key , Press Ctrl+F. It will open "Find and Replace" window

3. Click on "Format" button - in the next window click on "Custom" option on "Number" tab. After selecting "Custom" in the other part of the window from the "Type" option, scroll down all the option and click on ""0.000" Cr" and click ok.

4. Now again from the "Find & Replace" window, click on "Find All" button. it will show the list of all cells containing the value as per the format we selected above. 

5. You can select this list in this window by clicking on it with Shift. This operation will select all the related cells in the worksheet. (Remember that the Cell which has the value -1 is still highlithed, because you had pressed Ctrl+C (copied) to it. 

6. Now when you have selected all these cells from "Find & Replace" window, press "Close" to close this window.

7. Now press Alt+E and then S. This will open "Paste Special" (For Paste Special, there are difference commands in difference version of Excel, so use accordingly).

8. When "Paste Special" window opens, select "Multiply" optiion from "Operation" section of this window and press OK.

9. All "Cr" value will be changed in negative. After doing so select all the cells and press Ctrl+Shift+1. It will change the format of numeric values. In the new values, all your Negative values are "Cr" values and Positive Values are "Dr" values. 

I hope this information would be useful to all people who uses Tally and export reports from it in Excel. In case you find any problem at any point, you can contact me on my gtalk or yahoo ID which is "asb1811" 

Thanks and Regards

Ajay Singh

Wow....This Answer is to the Point.

I Got The Exact Reply What I wanna.

Ajay Singh Really you are Great Yar.

Many Many Thanks.

Till Now, Only to the Point Answer.

I Wanna to Give You Lots of Thanks for This post, But Admin of CCI Wont Allow Me to Give More Than One Thanks.

1 Like

Ajay Singh Bhati (Manager (Accounts)) (215 Points)
Replied 14 December 2012

hahahah...

No need for many thanks sir...we all are here to share our problems and experiences and that's what I have also done. Afterall knowledge is for sharing always, even I have also learnt so many things from here so its my duty to share my knowledge. 

Kind regards

Ajay Singh

2 Like

CA ROSHAN TIWARI (salaried) (302 Points)
Replied 17 May 2013

Dear Friends,

You can try this. Simply copy the figures in column B of the attached file and click on the button given.

Your work is done . Only one click.

Hope you like this and it helps you.. In case of problem please contact me :

Regards,

Roshan

Attached File : 150674 1175325 book2.xls downloaded: 130 times

CA Kumar Mukesh (CA CMA FINAL and Advance Excel Trainer)   (6881 Points)
Replied 22 May 2013

You have to do just few steps to remove all Cr/Dr

Select raw/column,

then click right option of mouse

select format cell

select number

followed by General then

click ok

jaganathan (accounts executive) (272 Points)
Replied 01 June 2013

if you selec the data and click comma simbol every dr and cr will disappear...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: