Easy Office
LCI Learning

AFTER POOR RESULTS WHAT TO DO NEXT ?

Page no : 4

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

To continue the previous post; I must say - I worked hard to advise my clients to cover their losses in share market and fortunately not only they but also I invested my small savings day-by-day in share market.  Now whatever is the share market; I can choose  good scrip where I can stay for a very long period because it grows year to year. (Please don't ask here for advice; I charge for that).

So your passion  gives success.  Why you think that only by passing  CA  you will make your good career.  If you think for passing; you will feel pressure and nobody can perform better in pressure. 

Those who have already completed their  training - my advise  to them is  - study for knowledge and have some relevant work in your hand. This way you will be in touch with the profession and earn also. Don't forget to have some friends who are pursuing CA.  

Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : SUNNY SEHGAL

Actually after seeing the yesterday's result i am not in a condition to think anything,because after writing each and every exam i would refer the book to the questions being answered by me and was fully confident of getting qualified in the first attempt,but i really dont know how they have verified the answer papers in such a rude manner.This times result will surely have a bad impression on the students mind as they will be totally confused that what ICAI expects from them.

If you are really so confident; go for rechecking. In last May,2009 attempt; many students were declared successful. There is no harm in rechecking. 

Replied 20 July 2010

During last three years; I selected some of the students randomly in the class and told them to show their notes. 

Can you believe; nobody did it. 

Even my articled clerks are hesitating  to show it. 

Why ?

Because they really know what is their standard and  don't wish to bear "unnecessary words"  from the boss !

Replied 20 July 2010

The following is the link where I have discussed in length about CA profession and failed students who take as if failed in the life. 

/forum/details.asp?mod_id=66931&offset=6

FRANCIS. P.W. (PARTNER) (21 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

It is time that ICAI has to go for transperancy.  Not only Final even CPT results were poor.  ICAI should give the photstat copy of the answer sheets to students only in case of CPT. 

Since it is objective type, nothing to hide.  If institute doesn't like to give, then something wrong with the examination system.

ICAI has to do this immediately.  Then the faith in our exam system will be further increased.  Otherwise ... ...... everyone knows ...... . ...

Replied 20 July 2010

CA results story is like this : 

1. Out of 1000 students; approx 250 pass in CPT.

2. Out of 250 cpt passed; hardly 50 pass in PCC.

3. Out of 50 PCCpassed, only 2-3 pass in Final.

So practically out of 1000 CA students only 2-3 students pass in CA Final in first attempt. Now calculate the percentage of first attempt passing students.

Alarming situation is - The students have to relook at their strategy.

Those who have not passed this time; surely have to upgrade their think-tank about CA profession. If you pass anyhow; is an achievement .

1 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

From the above also; It is now clear that most of students will not get easy success in CA. 

Definitely; the students should choose one more professional course lilke CS or CWA so that they would have at least one professional degree in their hands.  

They need not have to do more exercise to qualify for CS or CWA.  

At least right now it can be said about CS and CWA.  Although CWA results are also very poor. But the reason is not of its typicality; but unavailability of time to the students who are majority in job.  

These are also rewarding careers.

1 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

Already posted at the time of declaration of  previous results "

"Many time I say to the students not to join CA even though they have passed CPT specially on Margins i.e. scoring around 50-55%. At that time they donot accept the advice and take it as I am misguiding them. 

Read my article "ONE SHOT SUCCESS IN CA" wherein I have fully exaplined about the peculiarities of CA profession.

/articles/one-shot-success-in-ca-4051.asp

Students feel themselves Genius and behave like that also. When they see the realities then start going afraid. At the beginning of the CA career as a student; they are very confidennt (over confident ?) and the moment results are in their hands; they blame others......specially the Institute... for which they all are ready to be a member.......Don't they hear at the time of joining CA that it is a tough job to qualify as a CA ? Have you seen any Ranker who is blaming the Institute....

Students say I performed very well without knowing the standards of the Institute. 

For details see my article 'SIX MONTHS IN WASTE ? NOW INVEST."

/articles/six-months-in-waste-now-invest--4490.asp

There are so many students who could not clear CA in their life. I have already narrated one case on caclubindia that 30 years back; one Gauri Shankar Soni scored Ist Rank all over India in CA Inter; but could not get success in CA Final !

The reason is clear. I can say. Go to caresults.nic.in and see the results of CA Final Old Syllabus and you would find that students score less than 40 marks in Accountancy ! On this basis they joined that we have interest in Accountancy ! Tell me haven't they passed PCC ? Then why such marks in Accountancy ? The reason is that students are not ready to read theory part of Accountancy very well. The tend to run to solve practicals. Is it true or not ?

I have seen many businessmen who closed there activities after certain years. You might have heard about some sick Textiles Mills which earned huge profits during Second World War and they started giving Bonus to their employees. That Bonus Tradition is still continued and those sick mills like Calico of Ahmedabad......? You can accept that they earned a lot; but tell me why they failed after establishing themselves as a successful businessmen ?

When students don't update their knowledge from the Institute's Journal and other published materials, if they don't see the latest developments; it is very difficult to IMAGINE they can pass CA. 

By trial and error one can pass but by chance. 

Support from family, friends and other well-wishers is a must for a CA student. That is what I have written above. 

AT THE TIME OF DECLARTION OF THE RESULTS;  

I STRONGLY APPEAL TO ALL THE STUDENTS, CA AND PARENTS -  

TO BE WITH THE UNSUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES -

ALL THE TIME 

FOR SOME DAYS TO AVOID SUCH INCIDENCES - 

SPECIALLY WHEN SOMEONE IS 

DEPRESSED !

There is a misconception among the students that by passing CA only there is a career. I have seen so many my colleagues; who were financially weak before; but earning well by doing business now. But to start business; they have to struggle a lot. Refer the moovie "GURU" which is a true story of a Dhirubhai Ambani.

Why to forget Microsoft's Bill Gatt. What formal education he has ? 

Do you know that most of CA are running their practice in traditional areas. Why ? Because they could not upgrade themselves in the line of developments. 

So Dear One, 

Change the mentality that by passing only there is a Career. You might be again thinking like others that I am misguiding. But believe me; I am honestly telling all the students; go for alternatives which are easily available if you cannot "afford" time or "passion" to be a CA." 

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

yesterday's results has scared the hell out me.My attempt is in may2011,provided there is no extension. It seems that we have to rework our stategy. Our presidenthad said in may that icai is gonna publish new books on case studies within 2 months. Where the hell is it? Since june 2009;results are being halved the next time in terms of percentages.I dunno ,in may 2011 ;it will be .75pc pass.

Replied 20 July 2010

Sir, i got around 77pc in cpt; and cleared pcc in abt 60pc in first attempt(6 months late due to personal problems).What should be my statregy?
1 Like

Faiz Ahmed ( Article Trainee) (1731 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

I am surprised to hear from some students that inspite of working hard they have not cleared. How is it possible????

One clear reason may be that the student has not worked as required. Another reason may be He/She is not aware of standards demanded by ICAI, this reason is not convincing specially for final students. Majority of them are just shifting their fault on institute. 

No doubt CA is challenging and that is why it is a professional course. It demands to be expert . Otherwise it would have been like B.com. 

I will share one of my Sir(ranker in CS) experience as Supervisor and evaluator of CA exams. He says-- " If 100 students enter exam hall, i see almost 40% entering the hall as if they have  come to their in laws house. Around 20- 25% will be like those who have studied as if appearing for B.com exam of some faltoo university where they check on the basis of weight of paper. Approx. 8-10% will be absent. Remaining 20-25% only will be coming who have seriously prepared.

So the real evaluation is among 20 - 25% seriously prepared students. In that some don't present their answer as per benchmark of institute. For. e.g. simple problem of say Non profit org... will be not be like an answer of a professional . some places working notes will be missing. No proper format.Many Cuttings will be there. Even a point which is not relevant in question  is not answered by giving proper notes. In other words an answer should be like , where in student is explaining to the fool(assume evaluator is fool). Then see how beautiful answer looks.

Some people use all those bazar type notes which not at all suits CA student personality. CA student should prepare his own notes by referring Good books , ICAI materials and other sources. No short cuts in CA is allowed. There is no use crying over what has happened. Definitely its student fault. Student should try to Excel i.e. what CA demands. 

For God sake don't crib by blaming ICAI . Work well and smartly . Just see how ranker study . 

1 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

So you mean that since nov 2008; in every exam , the no of students who come as if they have come to in laws house; have become double .That's why results have been decreasing by approx 50pc each time,eh?

Replied 20 July 2010

If every CA student studies like the picture portrayed in this quotation, i am sure no one can stop him/her from achieving success.--

" A man should do his work so well , that the living, the dead and the unborn could do it no better. If it falls your lot to be street sweeper, sweep the streets like Michaelangelo painted pictures, like Shakespeare wrote poetry, like Bethoven composed music......"

----- Martin Luther King.

1 Like

Replied 20 July 2010

@ Jose P.

I don't want to talk to you as you always crib against institute.I have seen your forums(always against ICAI). I am not sorry to make this statement against you. 

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

THANKS TO DEAR SURENDRA RAKECHA SIR FOR YOUR MOTIVATION..

PLEASE KEEP GUIDING US.................

THANKS ONCE AGAIN

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: