Easy Office
LCI Learning

Within 30 days I learned the definition of Articleship!

Page no : 6

Priya (student) (193 Points)
Replied 06 March 2014

@ Aditya M

I believe, that exploitation is a very strong word and articleship cannot be referred that way. Yep, it has its limitations, yet, is a platform that has to encouraged. However, I totally agree on the point, with you that it must commence after final examinations.

Namita Vijayvargiya (Student CA Final ) (54 Points)
Replied 06 March 2014

Well said Priyanka, after very long I read smthing fresh and delighting, sacrastic at the same time inspirational.. no doubt articleship is all about evolution and learning.. :) your story reminds me of these lines by Robert Frost -  

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,

But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep"

Replied 07 March 2014

@ Namita Vijayvargiya

Thank you so much ma'am. I just jot down wt ol I sense in the phase of articleship. A beginner, I am, with lotsa pre notions about everything of this big corporate sector. So somehow, I manage to share views with everyone and I believe it acts as a guidance to every sincere article. Your appreciation acts as a real encoragement ma'am!

yaqoot (article) (23 Points)
Replied 10 March 2014

I guess our boss is good nough to understand us on the personal front ..but wat is annoying is the time limits that bind us..too much of a systematic life..site of files lying on table make goosebumbs more visible than a horror movie...nt really adapted to such a life ... bt eventually everythng settles....u start njoyin d new atmosphere....boss ki scoldin ab class teacher jaisi lagti...school days gaye..its tym we work fr d world nw!!

Replied 11 March 2014

@ yakoot

Rightly said. But as of now, we are not given any files or stuff. Bahut rarely kaam milta hai. It is actually ki new articles ko kaam dhundna padta or else try understanding what the senior article is doing.. Its sheer boredom without work, anyways.

Replied 11 March 2014

@ Everyone

Do check out this link... C.A. students might not like it :p

/news/cs-announcement-on-increase-in-minimum-amount-of-stipend-during-training--13856.asp#.Ux7iLfmSz

Abhishek Kumar (student) (371 Points)
Replied 11 March 2014

hats off for your patience...actually '' life me jo ham chahte nae fir v usi ko accept karna hota hai , chahe kuch v ho jaye , fir paresaniyo ka daur , kuch bad kuch good moment, lekin jab wo mukam hasil ho jata hai to fir pta chalta really it was my right decision....'' well thanks for an awsm and inspiring article that give a patience to not loose hope any how...thanks.

Replied 11 March 2014

@ Abhiskek Kumar

Thanks sir.

It was an experience, which I really wanted to share, so as to get the best guidance, from the wise people, who have travelled the same path earlier. Your appreciation, affirms us all the COC members, that we have discussed something really fruitful.

Abhishek Kumar (student) (371 Points)
Replied 11 March 2014

@ Priyanka Gulati your most welcome.

Ankit (Student) (661 Points)
Replied 12 March 2014

Priyanka agree with u.. Sometimes patience is the hardest thing to keep.. Bt ya thats life.. U have to be strong.. Specially in ur articleship..

Ankit (Student) (661 Points)
Replied 12 March 2014

n don't worry kaam milna jaldi hi start ho jayega.. Initial phase aisa hi hota hai.. Start carrying some books with u..

venkatesh (articles) (103 Points)
Replied 12 March 2014

Dear Friends,

It is very unfortunate that the students of ,arguably ,one of the most professional courses under the sky, are subjected to such an unprofessional training atmosphere and had to vent out their frustration and helpless ness on a web site. 

I appeal with utmost humility, to all the people who are in a position to do some difference in the lives of articled trainees, like ICAI and CAs imparting training,  to take some concrete steps towards improving the working conditions and quality of training.

Its sheer lack of professionlism on the part of ICAI and its so called professional members  to treat the artilced trainees as "granted".The hands of Articled trainees are tied up with the form 108, for them to be raising their concerns before appropriate authorities.All the ways and means of mending any new rules, which might benefit trainees, are first found and only after that the rules are born.

Hope I get to see a day in my life, where in, the articled trainees wait for the sun to rise so that they can go to office for training. A day where trainees take their boss's name with real respect.

ICAI should form at the earliest, a commitee consisting of, not only of its members but also the experts from various fields like top lawyers, top managers, top IAS officers to look into the matter of articles training and suggest the steps for its overall revamp.

Replied 13 March 2014

@ Ankit

yep, books really help at times. 

Replied 13 March 2014

@ Venkatesh

Sir, with due respect, I clarify my stand, that in no way, I am venting out my frustration of articleship training. As a matter of fact, we initiated this discussion to be well aware of the nuances of the training phase, being an assistance to all the aspirants. However, the revelation of the experiences of every individual in this thread varied. So, in no way, we can generalise and jump to the conclusion that there is the unprofessional training atmosphere. Indeed, there are loopholes, which the institute must pay attention to. 

However, I do agree on your point that articles must not be taken for granted.

shweta shroff (student) (22 Points)
Replied 15 March 2014

Hi, may I know from where did you do your articles?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: