Who is your role model?

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)

22 May 2013  

Well a couple of months back, I read an interview of Michael Jordan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan). And ever since then, he became my role model for my professional life (for my personal life role model, click here /forum/who-s-the-most-amazing-personality-you-ever-met-in-your-life--245539.asp) I would like to share a few things he said in that interview.

(Note: I couldn't find that article now; so I'm just recollecting what he said and writing down using my own words)

"When I was 16, I was kicked out of our high school basket ball team saying that I'm not good enough to play in their team. They said I'm just incapable to be a part of that team. I was so hurt by those words that I went straight back to my house, locked my room and broke down into tears for over 5 hours!!! I then realized that I may not be as smart or as talented my team mates are. But I can be more disciplined, more thirsty, more focussed, and more determined than anyone. If they practice for 6 hours a day; I'll practice for 16 hours a day. If they wake up at 6:30 in the morning, I'll wake up at 3:30 in the morning..............."

And today you can see where he is. He is considered as the greatest player in the history of Basket Ball!

Please share about your role model.