WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS BLUNDER?

Page no : 3

mihul (ipcc) (36 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

new president of icai  comes with great blunder

Max Payne (employed) (2569 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Dear Friends,

I think that ICAI has made serious blunder.... Fairness is that both papers of both the media should be re-conducted.

But get real. It wont happen. ICAI is never fair.

I dont know what is the total marks in those 3 questions?

6?15? 18? 24?

I think it would be equally fair that, based on the balance marks, ICAI should give proportionate marks.

Thats the best deal... cos the students would have left the 3 worst questions of the 8.... may be they will get more marks than what they could have got if they actually attempted...

And dont students themselves "extrapolate" their marks sitting in the hall if they finish in time?

If there was no time, then no point in complaining that you thought 3 questions were optional.. You would not finish anyway.

If there was time, you would have realised that there was a mistake in the paper.

And please dont waste time thinking what happened today..... prepare for tomorrow.....

Uttam - Rajasthan - listening?

CA Mallika Chaudhary (CWA Final and CA) (418 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Agree wid G.K. 

jasmeet oberoi (r.m.) (22 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

ACCORDING TO ME THE EXAM OF HINDI MEDIUM STUDENTS SHOULD BE TAKEN AGAIN.

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

CA students are  Auditors of future. 

They should tally the marks and keep their eyes open. Since last so many years in almost every attempt Institute put such questions.  

Why ?

Because Institute wants to know whether they are CAPABLE enough to judge the mistakes committed by others.  

Further, since last attempt Institute is not providing any options in the question papers. This fact was clear to the students in advance at least at this time. 

Still I feel initial instruction to attempt any 5 questions given by the Institute was a blunder on its part because no student can dare to think beyond the initial instructions given in the question paper.

2 Like

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 11 May 2010

Yaa, yaa; as per some blokes ; icai is infallible. They are being run by CK prahlad's gurus; who never does anything wrong. Anything that happens wrong should be forgiven by students; while ICAI students ki buch lagatein hain. ICAI's decisions should be taken as "phattar ki lakeer". Accept it without whimper; warna dummy articleship bolke tum logon ki bhi watt na nikalde. By the time , u clear urself to be genuine ; 2-3 months will have passed and u would have been mentally tired and may be on a point of breakdown.

anshul bafna (student) (522 Points)
Replied 12 May 2010

I Totally Disagree with Mr. Swaps... Whatever he commented is not practical. I think before we think and comment anything on this matter, we should step into the shoes of those students who were there in the examination hall. The tension and the environment of exam hall don't allow you to think beyond the subject. I don't think so that 99% students go and check the total of the papers (with or without calculator, does it matter?)... I never did...nobody does... Just think of the student who wept after knowing this...No student want to leave question like this....IT WAS A MISTAKE BY THE INSTITUTE AND ALL SHOULD ACCEPT THIS...

Further I also disagree with Mr. Rakhecha... Isn't articleship enough for the students to be a good auditor?? Also I don't think so that audit is all about checking mistakes done by others...and not everybody who passes CA Examination becomes an auditor...These lines (Because Institute wants to know whether they are CAPABLE enough to judge the mistakes committed by others.simply discourage the students because already ICAI is asking question beyond syllabus instead of its notification on the website. Please Refer This Link /forum/post-your-comments-on-q-on-as-30-in-ca-final-accounts-exam-81333.asp

And

This Link /forum/will-institute-compensate-82212.asp

Now Who Can Believe Institute's Announcements???

I request you all to take my comments in a generous manner...I am not here to criticize anybody, I am here with whom who r correct...

With Best Regards,

Anshul G. Bafna

anshul.bafna @ gmail.com

www.anshulbafna.blogspot.com

www.anshulbafna.caclubindia.com

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

CA students are  Auditors of future. 

They should tally the marks and keep their eyes open. Since last so many years in almost every attempt Institute put such questions.  

Why ?

Because Institute wants to know whether they are CAPABLE enough to judge the mistakes committed by others.  

Further, since last attempt Institute is not providing any options in the question papers. This fact was clear to the students in advance at least at this time. 

Still I feel initial instruction to attempt any 5 questions given by the Institute was a blunder on its part because no student can dare to think beyond the initial instructions given in the question paper.

Originally posted by : Swaps

Students are expected to confirm the total mark-tally before writing the papers..

How can they not notice the time allocation for remaining 3 questions?

Surely enough they should ask themselves, "how can the paper be so small and not be lengthy?"

Of course they should tally the marks allocation.. after all they have calculators AND they are appearing for a professional exam of Chartered ACCOUNTANTS!!!

Institute is not at fault if students dont use their common sense and appear for such PROFESSIONAL exam.

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 12 May 2010

Originally posted by : Dashrath Maheshwari

Attention all Hindi Medium Students

As per general rule, You should read instructions in English only...

However, number of questions are fixed paper-wise, and each student should have knowledge about the number of questions to be attempted, even before the exams.

Take care in next papers.

Agree with you sir.  if any difference in english and hindi the english version should be prefer.

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 12 May 2010

students should be given marks for 5 questions only 

that is each question should be now remarked for 20 marks

student does not have the time during the exam to see his question paper in full

how can he compare his question paper with english medium ??

it proves that ICAI itself does not check the question paper before letting it go to the student's hand

$wap$ (Assistant Auditor) (189 Points)
Replied 12 May 2010

Anshul, its OK to disagree. But CA exams are a game of time isn't it? My starategy during exams used to be as follows:

Calculate 1.5% of the total marks allocated to a Qs. (Say 1st Qs. 20 marks then 1.5% comes to 0.30 thus 30 mins to be spent on the Qs. If completed? Good. If not? move to Qs no. 2.) Similarly complete the whole paper in 50% of the time "horizontally." Remaining paper "vertically" to be completed in balance 50% time.

I am sure EVERYBODY has a technique to attempt the paper 100% no matter what. Thus it is easy to know what marks and how much time. Obviously, I have been a student before qualifying and I know exactly how a student feels when things don't go right.

Isn't articleship good enough for students to be good auditor??? Answer is a BIG NO. Articleship is just a glimpse of getting close to know what is auditing.

Not everybody who passes CA Examination becomes an auditor??? How can you be so sure about this? If you become say an accounts manager wouldn't you check certain things before passing entries? Isnt that auditing? If you become a SAP consultant wouldn't you check certain parameters of system? Isn't that auditing? Even when we are crossing the road we look 1st towards the right and then towards left for the oncoming traffic. Isn't that auditing? We do check for the signal to go for green or red. Isn't that auditing too.

Just think of the student who wept after knowing this? Maybe they deserve to weep. We don’t need cry babies in this professional arena. Students have to face thousands of complex unfair things everyday after qualifying CA.

“Mistake of Institute or not” seriously I DON’T KNOW.. But attitude of students towards this is grossly disturbing. They just need an excuse to accuse the Institute (By the way thats auditing too).

Advise to weeping students please sit at home if you think institute is unjust. Why are you wasting time? We need tigers not goats! Face it and move on or get out of the way please.

anshul bafna (student) (522 Points)
Replied 12 May 2010

Other Members, Please comment on Swaps comment...I want to know your views too...

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)
Replied 12 May 2010

BOSS IS ALWAYS RIGHT.........EVEN IF U KNOW THAT HE IS WRONG.....U HAVE TO ACCEPT IT....

OTHERWISE BOSS WILL KICK US...........

1 Like

$wap$ (Assistant Auditor) (189 Points)
Replied 13 May 2010

:) Rahul Bansal, What kind of comment is that?

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)
Replied 13 May 2010

YAAR...ICAI IS OUR BOSS.........INDIVIDUALLY NO ONE CAN TAKE ACTION AGAINST ICAI UNLESS HAVE SOME SUPPORT FROM OTHERS.............

CMA RAVI GUPTA (MT in VPL) (493 Points)
Replied 13 May 2010

Yaa, I agree with rahul bansal........................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: