Poonawalla fincorps
Poonawalla fincorps

WHICH ONE IS MORE TOUGHER CA OR IAS

Page no : 2

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate) (309 Points)
Replied 31 January 2010

Yes. Rightly pointed by Aldrine the demerits of IAS but the merits are clearly much more than the demerits.

CA.DURGESH MISHRA (CA) (95 Points)
Replied 31 January 2010

I AM FULLY AGREE WITH "Aldrine" SIR, IAS HAVE TO WORK UNDER MINISTERS AND POLITICIAN AND MANY TIMES THEY HARRASSED IT HAPPENS EVERY WHERE, EVEN U BECOME GOD U WILL HAVE TO FACE DEVILS ,DEMONS SO LETS CLOSE OUR COTROVERSAL TOPIC CA ARE BEST IN FINANCE AND POSSESS A VAST KNOWLWDGE OF COMMERCE FIELD WHEREAS THE QUESTION OF RUNNING THE COUNTRY IS CONCERNED ..........IAS SO I THINK U BOTH SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR NATION

vipin (student) (107 Points)
Replied 13 February 2010

IAS obviously...

Narender Kumar Khatri (Job) (137 Points)
Replied 13 February 2010

obviously... IAS

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 13 February 2010

IAS..... I wam shocked people are actually saying CA is more difficuilt...... There is no comparision absolutely between CA & IAS. 

1 Like

bhagat singh (student) (26 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

i m in urgent need to know about the optional subjects in ias,as i am having my ca ipcc attempt in november.....do i need to take commerce????? as it is hard to clear with commerce as an optional....i am a cs and have accounts and law back ground.... i am in 2nd year llb.....

Krishan Kumar Gurjar (Accountant) (30 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Dear Bhagat Sigh !

You can chek the sylabus at upsc.giv.in for IAS.

As you are a cs and pursuing law and ipcc , I think it wont be much hard for you to crack Pre with commerce as a optional subject. but you to work hard for GS at the pre. stage.

After passing pre will need one more optional subject along with commerce bt it can't management

Krishan Kumar Gurjar (Accountant) (30 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

IAS definetly......

CA M K Arora (Prop) (40 Points)
Replied 08 June 2010

Seeing the quality of newly qualified dummy CA's with Coaching qualification....., Future of our CA profession is not seen bright if these dummy story continues......It will be equivalent to MBA's or CS or CWA's.

CA Students Pls stop Dummy solicitation & Coachings.. 60% of coaching students are on dummy seat this time...

Remember only Articleship is the KEY FEATURE of CA Course, rest exam part is academic only, Do Good hardwork in Articleship thts very very important ,  exams are only to be passed,, combination of exam pass & hard worked articleship is indeed tougher that IAS, that I can bet....and that is the only true CA to be proud of..these dummy CA's are shame on CA profession

1 Like

md.asif (CA Finalist) (44 Points)
Replied 23 August 2010

I feel both are tough IAS used to be more tougher than CA earlier but nowadays i would say CA is more tougher given the fact that the latest CA FINAL pass percentage  was merely 3% although people might not agree since CA profession has'nt got its due in INDIA as IAS has always got huge recognition . So, judge it on your own  and don't go by the fact as to what people say about IAS.

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44679 Points)
Replied 23 August 2010

IAS IS MORE TOUGHER THEN CA, CA WILL DO ONLY MATERIALS AND HE CAN BOSS OF HIS OWN OR CAN WORK IN COMPANY WHICH WILL NOT MUCH PRESSURE..WHERE AS IAS AS TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE AND UNDER MINISTERS..WHEN GOV CHANGES THE IAS PEOPLE GET TRANSFER THATS MOST PRESSURE...

NO DOUBT ITS

IAS

Karna (Article) (38 Points)
Replied 04 February 2011

IAS vs CA !!!

I feel it is funny.

In IAS pass rate is very low, around 350000students are starting the Civil service exam and only around 100 getting exam  (ie 0.02 % or only 2/3 out of 10 thousand students pass......balance 9997 students fail!!!!!!!!!) and (only around 500-600 getting anything like IPS/IFS..) it is extreme. In nutshell 399500 students fail compared to 500 who pass.

But if we consider average CA pass rate as 10%, it is 350 times higher than 0.02% of IAS!!!!!!!!

They cover the GK extensively, they have thorough knowledge of their main subjects......

CAs can be cleared by bookworms who studied the defined syllabus and provided study materials. 

Compare CA with CWA / CS / ACCA / MBA Finance / CIMA ..................but IAS, you gonna lose all your credits and respect there....better not go for that.

If you doubt about IAS.....and thinks that CA is better .you are in fools paradise.

1 Like

K V V N RAJ (ARTICLE STUDENT) (23 Points)
Replied 14 June 2012

absolutely CA ,no dout about it because IAS is a compitative exam but CA is a professional study .it involves a practicle subject to learn in CA .

INDAZAR (Articled Assistant) (301 Points)
Replied 11 July 2012

IAS is the most competitive exam and CA is tough  but not upto IAS

mayank (CA Final) (62 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

I will just give a simple explaination. Both IAS and CA have different work profile and both have respect in India. But just imagine if you are an IAS, you will surely have to bend in front of your bosses (ministers and even children of powerful ministers). Even when they scold you or use abusive language an IAS cannot do anything to minister.  If an IAS wants to see himself and his family surviving happily , then he has to compromise.

But a CA in practice is boss himself. He is the king of his own field. A Chartered Accountant does not need permission from anyone to do anything.

And if anybody says that IAS is very powerful and no one can touch him then its nothing but myth. Jis desh mai Prime Minister ko bomb se udaa diya to us desh mai IAS ki kya aukaad. Aukaad kisi ki bhi kuch nahi. IAS is powerful for middle class and poor people. But do rich class with high powerful links bother about IAS ?? Not at all.

So what you want to become ?? An IAS who cannot do things of his own wish or a CA in whose work there is no political or any other interference... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: