Two words of encouragement - No jobs for fresh CA, CS

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary) (13867 Points)

23 December 2011  

Dear Professionals,

Couple of days back, in the CCI forum I have come across a thread regarding no jobs for Chartered Accountant professional and fresher’s. I think it is a very sad and disturbing situation.frown

But let me tell you the truth -- not only Chartered Accountants but experienced and fresh Company Secretaries also are struggling due to current economic slowdown.no

But as per my understanding this situation is very much a temporary one. In the past also we as a professionals had faced such kind of situations and come out well. Hence dear Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary friends no need to worry about slow down of Economy as far as your career is concerned. It is always bright and will remain bright. So don’t lose hope and keep working on your skills and knowledge.

Further amendments like Companies Bill, 2011, have proved that the position of Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries is not less than anyone. Even our Government has also recognized and accepted this fact and enriches Companies Bill, 2011 with favourable provisions. I know it is just a bill and bound to face comments of opposition in the parliament (actually facing now). But one thing is sure that Govt. is serious regarding the importance of Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries and draft Companies Bill, 2011 is a proof to that.  

Role of ICSI and ICAI

I think it is high time for our institutes to take note of this terrible situation and should take major steps to improve their placement system. Regulation of passing percentage may be another method to control the excess flow of Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries in the market.

Steps to be taken by Professionals

Friends I would suggest you to don’t lose hope and face this situation courageously. Keep working on your vision and knowledge. Never waste your time on unproductive activities. Keep yourself updated with latest amendments and most importantly keep trying for the job.enlightened

I know starting your own practice is not the permanent solution of this problem due to the various factors like arrangement of initial capital, lack of clients, office infrastructure and lots of other requirement. But if your final vision is to start practice then it is right time to go ahead towards your dream. It will take 2 to 3 years to be reckoned as a good practicing professional in the professional field.smiley

I hope the above write will help you to think positively and give you desired strength to face the current difficult situation.cheeky

Thanks

RG