Easy Office
Easy Office

Two words of encouragement - No jobs for fresh CA, CS

Page no : 2

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

I share the views aptly expressed by Deepak. I remember one comment to one of my posts, it read - will it be helpful in my studies? Well, there's a big life beyond the 'studies', and you never know which knowledge will come to your help in this fiercely competitive world.

Manoj Gupta (Corporate Finance Professional)   (124 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

Hello friends this is CA. Manoj Gupta (www.camanojgupta.com)

Actually things are not similar for everyone. Whether one gets desired job or not also depends on several factors? I met 3-4 CA well experienced, also good professionally what lack of communication skills forced them not to achieve what they wishes.

Further we have to explore the available opportunities in industry. Being a CA we should not only go and learn say income tax, other options are also there say- corporate financing, valuations, merger & acquisitions, private equity, there is immense scope in forex.  One can also opt other options not related to finance say associate with some software company which wants to develop software for finance, also there is option to associate with HR consultancy. 

Biggest fact is that which CA firm you opts for ur training. What you learn over the time helps you to develop the career.

Out of the box thinking require leaving traditional thinking barriers

2 Like

Ajay Tiwari (CA FINALS) (64 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

Hiii Every1,

I want to ask Saurav Sir  and Richank Sir that how we as a CA Student can increase our knowledge towards practical aspects of the work.I mean 2 say we hav a good knowledge related theoritical aspects of the subjects like Tax,Audit,Forex,Derivatives,and many more.But when it comes to practical aspects I am not able to understand what reporters in the New channel are saying about  these  things(Forex and all)

I fear because by next year I may complete my CA as my attempt is due in May 12.Then what will happen??How will I get selected in the company.I know I am facing this problem because I have done the same type of work for 3 years during my articleship period.

sanjay bhosle (MD) (107 Points)
Replied 14 January 2012

• CA s is Superior then Doctor and much much superior then engineer (see below link for situations of doctors and Mba 's)  then After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 18-20 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the world and they would be scarcity of CA's ,we need 1.89 crore more CA's .And it has started and one Fresher CA(passed in second Attempt)was recruited for 1.38 crore per annul in India, and one Fresher CA got job in US firm with whopping salary of 58 crore Annual(4.85crore monthly )ready to get recruit with such salary ready to get recruit with such salary we need millions OF CA's desperately and demand is increasing many times day by day. 

1 Like

Tejas Shah (Deputy Manager ( Finance & Accounts ))   (211 Points)
Replied 23 June 2012

Hi everyone

I would like to share my story as a fresh CA. I passed out in MAY 2011 after 4 attempts and to be really truthful things were not better as compared to present situation for any fresher at that time.

I already had a good job with a CA Firm back then, but work exposure and prospects were not so bright. So for 4 months i.e after results in july 2011 i was frantically trying to search for jobs with better prospects ( actually i was bit confused to which sector i need to get in, same is the case with many of us moreover job oppurtunity were literally dwindling ) and ofcourse better pay. Though i had given more than 6 interveiw which also included campus placement interview i was not selected by any of the company or bank. ( This Reservation system in Bank and other public sector , Ohh that shall require some other day for discussion )

After 4 Months of frustration came one fine day of an interveiw arranged by one of my relative in Ahmedabad. I was interveiwed twice by CEO and once by Senior Manager of Accounts and Finance Department. The real twist came later on when i was asked to be posted to some remote location near pune on acceptance of their offer. ( Actually i came to realised later that nobody was willing to go to such remote location and though the management was not very keen on taking me in they too had very limited option ). And thus i was selected for a post of Deputy Manager in Accounts and Finance Department ( wait it a'it over yet ). My Senior at the remote plant location just resigned before my joining the company, and "waalla" i become the most senior person at plant location in my department.

First 6 months with the company has gone by and feel myself really lucky to get such an oppurtunity. Though their are always some cons with the pros, that i have leave away from home, no friends and family. But this all has made me more stronger mentally.

My intention to narrate my story is to provide some encouragement to fresher CA's and to trust on thier stregth, abilities and their destiny.

Sauvik Dutta (STUDENT) (35 Points)
Replied 22 July 2012

What do u mean by regultn of reslt..........?? passing isour fndmntl rght..............  a passed stdnt cnt b failed due to bad mrkt cndtion................................................  engineers r passing out in lakhs n out of dem 70% r unempled...............  then these institutes r nt at all cntrllin reslts.................why shud icai,icsi/...........??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: