Easy Office
LCI Learning

TDS RRR No Not applicable

Page no : 3

Sudhir Kumar (52 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

Yes it is showing for previous TDS filed as well. It is not available even for previously filed in Q4 FY 2020-21. I have previously faced issue of token number during new portal launch and got the token number through all possible combination through new and past RRR number.

If anyone is generous, they can share middle digit of 26Q of either Q4 FY 2020-21 or Q1 FY 2022-23, then I will be able to get my token number. MY current token number is  7700XXXXXXX5352. Although I have token number of 24Q Q4 FY 2020-21, the middle digit for 26Q and 24Q are different, so guessing middle digit based on 24Q didn't work. So if anyone having access to their RRR number of 26Q of either Q4 FY 2020-21 or Q1 FY 2022-23, they can share middle digits.

2 Like

Asif Zaman (To Own A CA Firm With Audits of My Expertise & Excel In Life)   (109 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

Any solution for this serious problem??

As without RRR number or PRN number we can't file our TDS correction statements.

Please provide any solution for this....or middle 5 digits format for RRR number provided by CPC or or e-filing portal for traces 

2 Like

suresh (student) (82 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

Brother now you can with this number 77000014445xxxx for the Q1 for F.Y 2022-23

2 Like

Eswar Reddy S (CFO- at NHTF) (58263 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

@ Asif Zaman ,.

You can get RRR number from IT portal and not from Traces
2 Like

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant) (86308 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

Go on statement status on traces portal to check whether return is filed or not .
2 Like

Asif Zaman (To Own A CA Firm With Audits of My Expertise & Excel In Life)   (109 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

Dear Eswar Reddy S,

I know that from IT portal i can get my RRR number but the same acknowledgement on that E Filing Portal says Not Applicable.

That's why I was asking for a solution to this problem.

And my statement of Q1, 2022 was duly processed on traces but the same has been showing RRR Number Not Applicable on the Efiling Portal.

Due to this I can't file correction statement for the same quarter as I mentioned above.

And dear esteemed member of this forum if you don't have any solution then kindly don't just give me a casual replies & if anyone has any solution then I am one who is most grateful of them.

Please help me out as I am in a serious trouble now.

1 Like

Replied 16 August 2022

I also filed original return again in one such case. For that firstly check whether the return has been filed & processed or not on Traces. Once you get confirmed that the return was submitted then try to get RRR no.

In my case return showing RRR not applicable, statement status showing no record found, challans are showing unconsumed. That means return was not accepted , so we need to file it again.
1 Like

alik (CA) (27 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

I AM ALSO FACING SAME PROBLEM WITH RRR NO AS THE MIDDLE 7 DIGITS ARE XXXXXXX AND UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD 26AS FOR THE QTR ENDING JUNE 2022

1 Like

Replied 16 August 2022

@ CA Rashmi Gandhi

My TDS Statement was duly processed for Form 26AS and it is showing valid data on the respective PAN's records. This means my return was duly accepted by TDS CPC and was processed by Traces and also the statement filed by me was showing as on date which I had filed. So, there's no question of rejections or pending status of my TDS return due to which my RRR Number Says NOT Applicable.

There's something else.

And one thing I wish to know if on record if someone has lost its RRR Number then there's no protocol to retrieve the same.

I might use DSC to retrieve that same RRR Number for the basis of authorization but the same registration of DSC requires RRR Number of the same quarter. - which still leads me cluless

Which leds me to understand that the flowchart of retrieving of RRR Number are not designed to address this issue, thinking government or the people behind it to just think that we have every data i.e., no natural disaster could happen - LOST HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIOS BY THE DESIGNERS!!! WOW!!!

Replied 16 August 2022

The reply on one more query is that must help you " I had called to the IT dept then he was saying this problem has created from our side and we will resolve this error as soon as possible. "
1 Like

Sudhir Kumar (52 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

Most genuine and helpful reply was form @ Suresh and I have tried 14400 to 14484 but still did not got the right RRR number that work. Although it is truly internal problem, and TRACES might also not accepting the right RRR number. I will try further as I have to generate form 16A. Anyone else can also confirm the middle digits of 26Q FY 22-23 Q1 and date of filing so that it could be more helpful. 

1 Like

Replied 16 August 2022

@ Sudhir Kumar,

Yeah I really appreciate that. But I have already tried all the probable scenarios and at the outset of above I have also tried juggling the middle 5 digits to predict the RRR Number but nothing got working for me.

Also, on the public domain I didn't find any white paper or schemas or the general format for a token number so that we can predict the same looking into the need of that RRR Number for generating Form 16A or correcting of TDS Returns for proper follow up to resolve the payments and settlements issues with our deductees. (Practical grounds)

I didn't have thought that this RRR or PRN or Token or whatever could create some serious concerns and after affecting the general well beings of business in due course. .😂 & WHY DON'T THEY REVEAL THE RRR's ON TRACES? 

Replied 16 August 2022

Step by step process on below link to download acknowledgement number from traces

https://www.nobroker.in/forum/how-to-download-tds-return-acknowledgement-from-traces/

Eswar Reddy S (CFO- at NHTF) (58263 Points)
Replied 16 August 2022

@ Ca Rashmi Gandhi,

I think you have to login once to traces .

Few digits of Token number will be masked in traces.

@ Asif Zaman,
After filing Tds return on e filing portal, you have to note down the RRR Number to avoid this issue...

Due to security purposes it might have disabled to view RRR number beyond some time limit...

Any person can file tds correction statement if he knows TAN number and regular statement token number/ RRR Number. Tds reversal and transferring tds to another PAN .

@ Asif Zaman,
RRR Number is token number

Why don't reveal full token number on traces ?
Unauthorised access to traces Login can cause many issues if it goes to wrong hands ..

It is to make sure that the RRR Number/ Token Number is with the person who has filed the Tds statement and to avoid misuse
1 Like

Replied 17 August 2022

@ Eswar Reddy S,

First of all my RRR Number was on NOT APPLICABLE STATE even after 1 second of filing my TDS Return. So, how would I haved noted this thing down??

Secondly, its not due to a security purposes is what I think as Income Tax E-filing Portal can be locked with DSC which is a secure means of encryption and seurity now a days even with a two factor authentication has been enabled on that portal to secure the profile. - Your justification about the security is not what I assume the reason behind this madness.

And about the digits masked on TRACES, it might be a good concern but still no one could file it apart from securing the console file and then leak out the data and filing it to the local NSDL center. And that also requires an additional set of authorizations.

So, for securing the TDS Statement there must be atleast a protocol to retrieve that token number in case the data gets mismatched or omitted from the internal controls of the organization. As there's might be a chance that the data could be lost.

So, even if the data belongs to my concern you are NOT ALLOWING EVEN THE AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL literally to retrieve that single piece of information. THAT'S TRULY UNJUSTIFIED.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: