Tan for sole proprietorship

I applied for a TAN for a Sole Proprietorship. I appllied as a Branch of Individual Business (Sole Propritorship) and specified the comany name. But when the TAN came it just had the name of the proprietor and the company name is not mentioned.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies (7)

TAN will be issued in the name of PAN holder only. However, if youhad specified the business name while entering name for TAN it will appear in th eTAN letter. in any case, this TAN will be enugh for all the businesses of the individual unless you want to have different TANs at different locations/branches

Thank you for the prompt response. I'll wait for the eTAN confirmation to come. The number was alloted today only and when I checked on Know Your TAN it just said the name of the proprietor. I need the TAN number as a verification document and thus need the name of the company on it.

in case of sole proprietorship, tan will always be issued in name of proprietor. and as it is said above, co. name will be mentioned in tan letter.

Hi, I am also facing the same problem. Can you tell me how much you had waited for eTan? Is that contain the firm name?Also is it ok for verification in bank?

Thanks in advance

Hello, I just applied for TAN too under "Individual Business (Sole Proprietorship)" - Did the Tan letter include the Business name and how much time did it take for it to arrive?

kindly let me know when an individual is applying for TAN as Sole Proprietor for his business, he should apply as "Individual" or "Branch of Individual"? and if he has to apply as Individual, then in which field he should mention name of sole proprietorship business? thanks in advance nilesh

Hi, I have to apply new TAN. Iam doing sole proprietor Business. Which category to be choosen individual or Branch of Individual (Sole proprietor). How could company name reflect in TAN. Please input your comments.

Thanks in Advance.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details