Easy Office
LCI Learning

Share Your Views on Budget 2013 !!!

Page no : 2

DEVIL-Liv every moment of life (ca final) (1735 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

Originally posted by : ASHISH PATHAK
In my opinion, this is quite a balanced budget. I don't understand that why you all are criticising this budget. Please also give reasons for the same. Lets not forget the fact that Mr.P Chidambram has been one of the best finance minister India ever had. Most of you are not aware of the fact that Mr.Chidambram is also a renowned Income Tax lawyer and a post-graduate from Harvard University. Income Tax Act and Indirect Tax laws has underwent some great radical changes in past few years under his command over the Finance Ministry. Though it was very disappointing to have Mr.Pranab as finance minister last year. Also lets not forget the fact that he is also being guided by Dr.Manmohan Singh, who has been declared the best Finance Minister of not just India but the world. Please dont think that i am supporting congress or anything, i am just stating the facts. Honestly speaking, I am always in favour of BJP. I am just expressing my honest opinion of this budget-

Okay, I agree that it's bit disappointing to see that GAAR and DTC has been postponed but there are some genuine reasons for this. The fiscal health of Indian economy has to be restored first before bringing such drastic changes. India has to first recover from this slow growth rate. Some of the appreciable points in the budget in my opinion are as follows- A great step is being taken to impove the education sector of India (dont you believe "Padhega India tabhi to badhega India") Funds of Rs.100 crores has been allocated to universities like BHU, AMU,etc. Secondly Indian Institute of Bio Technology is to be set up in Ranchi. Thirdly, 6 Medical Colleges in par with standards of AIIMS is to be set up. This was very much needed as India is facing immense shortage of doctors. Fourth, Scholarships for minorities has been announced(I am against reservations and I believe scholarship should be based on merit for poor people not just for minorities).
Now, this budget contains some vital steps for female citizens of our country . The govt. has announced setting up of Nirbhaya Fund in an honour to Delhi's braveheart. The fund is for women empowerment and safety. Also the govt. has announced setting up of India's first Women's bank as public sector bank by October.
This budget has also announced some great step to encourage entrepreneurship in our country. As per the budget, the Incubators set up by Companies in Academic Institutions will qualify for CSR. This I believe is the most welcome step to encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of our nation.
The budget is no doubt very taxing for the super rich as the import duty of Imported Luxury cars and yacts has been hiked (which will not be a problem to anyone. And also this will help in bridging the fiscal deficit by slowing down the import of luxury cars).
Some other appreciable points for common investors are that STT has been lowered. Also the Rajiv Gandhi equity saving scheme has been liberalised to permit deduction for investment in mutual funds also for the first time investors. I believe this will boost the morale of common investors.

i also agree with what ASHISH PATHAK said..to some extent..i also agree with this.

yaa it is true that lot was expected from this budget...

but i dont think that it is a bad budget...or anything...

1 Like

Juuhhii Agarwal (El Tiburón lindo......) (1159 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

The Budget-2013 seems to be damp squib. There has been no effort to bring the rate of interest in order to stimulate the economy because unless the rate of interest comes down there will be no growth. It is not possible to compete with other economies enjoying 1-2 %interest when we are paying 14-15% interest. 

There has been no effort to stimulate the economy which is already facing a slowdown. An effort could have been made by giving some exemption based on Investment in Housing which would have created demand in Iron and steel,cement and other building material sectors which are the key drivers of Economy.

1 Like

DEVIL-Liv every moment of life (ca final) (1735 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

we cant say it as completely damp..

copy pasted..

other things

The budget comes against the backdrop of the slowest economic expansion in a decade, strong inflation pressures and high interest rates.

It has taken small steps to address infrastructure bottlenecks, stalled investments and fuel supply issues.

yaa it was not as per the expectations of aam aadmi but...not completly...

not as per expectation but it is not a bad budget...completely

1 Like

(Guest)

Commenting on the budget based on the FM 's Qualification  and  Awards & guidance received by him is nothing but a childish reaction !

Nothing remarkable changes in this Budget for AAM admi.!

CA MANISH AGRAWAL (Practice) (539 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

This one totally balance budget,no step is taken for boost our economy and no any extra buden on funds.

CA Ashish Pathak (Employed at Cipla Ltd.) (2779 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

Originally posted by : Ramesh Verma

Commenting on the budget based on the FM 's Qualification  and  Awards & guidance received by him is nothing but a childish reaction !

Nothing remarkable changes in this Budget for AAM admi.!

Mr.Rakesh (Fake Account) , I have also  supported my points with solid reasons. I have highligted the significance of some of the radical points in the budget. I guess, commenting and criticising someone like this, without stating proper reasons is more childish.

1 Like

(Guest)

Somewhere, I am satisfied with the FM's move regarding increasing duties and taxes on luxury products. But he has just not served to the expectations of a mango man. He remembered increasing limit of jewelery carried carried in a male's baggage to 50000 and 100000 for females. But he forgot:- 80C, Transport allowance in salary income, Children allowance in salary income. lets hope for the economy to do well.

1 Like

ankit (STUDENT) (51 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

budget was not a  "big bang budget" it was decent to stable things tht are changing quickly.... most of structual change in ST are still to settle.... about ammandments in DT.. DTC is about to b introduced in Session... further work done by Chidu aftr September if gets continued den it would b a great thing as his descion of late are remarkable 

Satvir Singh (Newly minted CA) (1733 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

Originally posted by : Juhi Agarwal

The Budget-2013 seems to be damp squib. There has been no effort to bring the rate of interest in order to stimulate the economy because unless the rate of interest comes down there will be no growth. It is not possible to compete with other economies enjoying 1-2 %interest when we are paying 14-15% interest. 

There has been no effort to stimulate the economy which is already facing a slowdown. An effort could have been made by giving some exemption based on Investment in Housing which would have created demand in Iron and steel,cement and other building material sectors which are the key drivers of Economy.

I expect a CA student to at least know that interest rates are matter of Monetary Policy, which is decided by RBI & not by Finance Minister.

As far as stimulating the economy is concerned, I think FM has something very very remarkable by keeping the fiscal deficit of FY13 at 5.2%. Thats extra-ordinary effort, considering what he inherited as FM last year.

1 Like

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33516 Points)
Replied 28 February 2013

Originally posted by : CA AYUSH AGRAWAL

As Per My Views,

There was Nothing in Budget Even to Discuss.

Very Less Amendments and Very Less Changes. No Benefits to mango People.

One Can Say This Budget a Worst Example.

Yep, no additional tax concession!! no nononono

CA Sanjay Bag (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (3340 Points)
Replied 01 March 2013

Not a good budget at all...........

Shyam C.Pujara (Student (C.A Final)) (177 Points)
Replied 01 March 2013

Flat budget...... But nice try by Mr. FM to cover up some areas such as TDS on transfer of immovable properties (over rs. 50 l), Changes in baggage rules, Rs. 1 lakh extra deduction allowed u/s 24 on housing loans and some more which are welcomed.........but yes nothing new to  inform clientswink

1 Like

Shyam C.Pujara (Student (C.A Final)) (177 Points)
Replied 01 March 2013

Originally posted by : Disha Bhawnani

Somewhere, I am satisfied with the FM's move regarding increasing duties and taxes on luxury products. But he has just not served to the expectations of a mango man. He remembered increasing limit of jewelery carried carried in a male's baggage to 50000 and 100000 for females. But he forgot:- 80C, Transport allowance in salary income, Children allowance in salary income. lets hope for the economy to do well.

Fully Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 01 March 2013

Dear All,

After reading Budget as a Whole and Reading Comments by Experts and Others, Now I Can say This Budget is Neutral Budget.

This Budget is Made Keeping in Mind Next general Election.

Niether reformist, Nor Populist, Overall This Budget is Neutral Budget. 

I am Agree to Some Extent With Ashish Pathak Also.

1 Like

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33516 Points)
Replied 01 March 2013

It seems that UPA govt have suurender themselves & they are sure that they want get elected in this year poll & presented neutral budget..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: