EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Semi qualified ca

Page no : 3

Bindu jashwani (Internal Auditor SAM GRUOP OF INSTITUTIONS)   (119 Points)
Replied 03 January 2013

agreed ,most of th ca finalists facing such hinders which gives more frustration for not clearing there final exams.there is also a pressure of doing some work for earning a hansome salary which helps to get in touch with practical knowledge b'caz only theoretical knowledge doesn't help us even in exams.th papers of CA r also based on practical knoeledge

Replied 03 January 2013

agreed ,most of th ca finalists facing such hinders which gives more frustration for not clearing there final exams.there is also a pressure of doing some work for earning a hansome salary which helps to get in touch with practical knowledge b'caz only theoretical knowledge doesn't help us even in exams.th papers of CA r also based on practical knowledge.

Replied 03 January 2013

agreed ,most of th ca finalists facing such hinders which gives more frustration for not clearing there final exams.there is also a pressure of doing some work for earning a hansome salary which helps to get in touch with practical knowledge b'caz only theoretical knowledge doesn't help us even in exams.th papers of CA r also based on practical knowledge.

guru krish (nil) (86 Points)
Replied 03 January 2013

yes thats more important..our institue should consider this and make necessary steps to appear in gazzette of india.

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)
Replied 03 January 2013

It is a wonderful piece of posting about the status of all the stakeholders involved with the CA profession.

Most suggestions / feedbacks are really thought provoking and I empathize with the feelings expressed. 

The Institute must be the guiding force as a Pillar of hope in imparting professional knowledge, the members must  act as mentors to design a great edifice, the corporates as the growth engines should repose faith in student’s ability to train them with adequate skillsets and provide requisite experience. Moreover, the students also need to do a “SWOT” analysis to react, reflect and realize the enormity of the issue and pursue them passionately to reap fruits of success.

It is always easy to point fingers at others, but we must equally be responsible and careful to understand the harsh realities of the real world and adapt accordingly.

Umesh (Sr Asst) (28 Points)
Replied 05 January 2013

yes, agree with u all. I had faced distressed Departmental Inquiry by the officers in a organisation and subsequently forced to leave the job with lower pay position.

Amit Ashok Chawla (Corporate Trainer) (383 Points)
Replied 05 January 2013

Hi guys,

I beg to differ with your view-point while you try to create a perception that you are not competitive when you are unable to complete CA.

I am a FCA (May 2003) and worked with several companies to understand their work culture, requirements etc. At large, these companies placed CAs with a thought that CAs can manage audit and taxation and core accounts well, and of course we (includinf Semi-Qualifieds) do it well. However, in general, CAs lacked the vision to go beyond a job (me no exception either), and risk to learn better things than the conventional aspects.

Very few amongst us dare to opt for IIMs or CFA or other relevant, high pay programs with great acceptability. This is so, because we never though beyond books and tuition.

I perceive that if we are able to create employability for ourselves, this can support ourselves well. I personally believe that doing a job in a corporate immediately after completion of articleship is a better deal than attending tuitions for even theory subjects.

Now a days, CIMA UK, IFRS are the programs which have created numerous opportunities in industry. It is a matter of understanding the industry's requirement rather than complaining about no job availability.

You may be aware that CIMA offers a direct entry to the profession for an IPCC guy to compete directly with a CA / CWA or MBA. Why not explore the options, rather than blaming the world around you. Believe me, I teach CAs (seniors, fresh) on IFRS and other global programs and realise that they do not have the vision, but just writing another paper to get a higher pay package. No one amongst carries a vision to become a CFO or CEO of a large company.

The competition is bad around you, and will go worse with time. It is desired to opt for a smarter way than sitting on something. It is you who has to bring the difference and no one else will do it for you.

abc (Student CA Final ) (132 Points)
Replied 06 January 2013

Originally posted by : Amit Ashok Chawla

Hi guys,

I beg to differ with your view-point while you try to create a perception that you are not competitive when you are unable to complete CA.

I am a FCA (May 2003) and worked with several companies to understand their work culture, requirements etc. At large, these companies placed CAs with a thought that CAs can manage audit and taxation and core accounts well, and of course we (includinf Semi-Qualifieds) do it well. However, in general, CAs lacked the vision to go beyond a job (me no exception either), and risk to learn better things than the conventional aspects.

Very few amongst us dare to opt for IIMs or CFA or other relevant, high pay programs with great acceptability. This is so, because we never though beyond books and tuition.

I perceive that if we are able to create employability for ourselves, this can support ourselves well. I personally believe that doing a job in a corporate immediately after completion of articleship is a better deal than attending tuitions for even theory subjects.

Now a days, CIMA UK, IFRS are the programs which have created numerous opportunities in industry. It is a matter of understanding the industry's requirement rather than complaining about no job availability.

You may be aware that CIMA offers a direct entry to the profession for an IPCC guy to compete directly with a CA / CWA or MBA. Why not explore the options, rather than blaming the world around you. Believe me, I teach CAs (seniors, fresh) on IFRS and other global programs and realise that they do not have the vision, but just writing another paper to get a higher pay package. No one amongst carries a vision to become a CFO or CEO of a large company.

The competition is bad around you, and will go worse with time. It is desired to opt for a smarter way than sitting on something. It is you who has to bring the difference and no one else will do it for you.

I INTERJECT STRONGLY!!!!!! AND DISAGREE TOO....

LACK OF VISION IS NOT WHAT U MENTIONED......for being a CEO or CFO u need to get a JOB first....from where u  can scale up..

LACK OF VISION IS INFACT WHEN U TALK ABOUT JOINING OTHER DEGREES COURSES AFTER HAVING CA LIKE GOLDEN DEGREE ON HAND...... STOP COMPARING OTHER DEGREES WITH OURS..... THOSE DEGREES U MENTION LIKE MBA ETC ARE ALL RUN BY INSTUTIONS FOR WHOM EDUCATION IS A BUSINESS AND NOTHING BEYOND MAKING MONEY OUT OF DONATIONS & HARD EARNED MONEY OF PARENTS....

NO COURSE .... I REPEAT NO COURSE IN THIS WORLD CAN BEAT CA COURSE.... COZ OUR INSTITUTE THE ICAI PROVIDES THIS EDUCATION FROM THE RICHEST TO THE POOREST AT THE SAME NOMINAL COST AND IT TAKES HARD PAINS TO MAKE US REACH THAT LEVEL WHERE WE CAN BEAT OTHER PROFESSIONALS AT EVERY ASPECT.....

IS THIS WHAT IS MAKING ONE JEALOUS OF OUR PROFESSION? YES IT IS!! ITS A PAIN IN THE STOMACH OF OTHER PROFESSIONS THAT CAS BEAT THEM EVERYWHERE....!!! YES EVERYWHERE!!!

u should have focussed on this ROOT point.... u took the discussion to an entire different path

and getting IFRS CIMA etc doesnot gurantee one a High paid job... here we r not discussing about high paid jobs but about the value we achieve out of CA course...

how many degrees do u think one should have to get a JOB?

its like if ONE degree doesnt work get another degree and go on and on?

u mean to say CIMA etc have better value than a CA? sorry but i dont agree to this point

these foreign institutions keep competing with Indian institutes like ICAI craving for their own recognition and keep introducing new and new courses....every year... this is complete business... and fooling students to keep getting every such degree .... previously there were no such degrees but the world worked....then also!! there were lesser frauds, lesser compliance and a better life for all.....

now there are various such degrees but whats the point? the whole crisis have started in the era of these degrees only.... the more u blow a balloon it will burst one day....... same is the case today....

IF one has to get a good job he can get it with one single degree also.... there is no meaning increasing competitions among students....unnecessarily......

and COMPETITION that too in a same stream? making one compete with another...dividing and ruling students....and economy.... has no good end.... infact people will end up competiting each other....pull each others legs.....jealous.....this has all resulted into CORPORATE POLITICS..... A guy holding 2 degrees and no experience is EGOISTIC of a Guy with just one degree but lot of experience....and starts pulling his leg and overtaking him......POLITICS !! DISASTER!!

Degrees are important to qualify and get a authorised recognition. And CA degree is indestructible... 

CAs have a great vision. They dont need to crave for becoming a CFO or CEO... as of now what is required is to get them that self confidence back, that they can work on their own if they dont get hired....

starting with audit accounts tax they can work and rise to a appreciable level...

we should not sing songs for other courses and the opportunities provided by them... we must infact praise what our profession gives us and work to increase opportunities for those who undergo it....

Joining IIM CMA CFA doesnt require a daring for anyone... CA course requires daring for joining and clearing it........ I mean why is there a need to go to IIM or CFA when u have a CA degree?

Agar mba ya CFA hi karna tha toh CA kyu kia? u have any answer for this? be practical.... one has a right to education no doubt... but answer the root question... why does one enter a professional education? to earn bread and butter from it right? and after completing that course if one says.... still I should look at better options like X Y or Z course then it would be a LACK of vision in this case that u dont know where u want to go and what u can do best - out of the resources(degrees) availabe to u on hand that u have passed....

Why are u insisting that others are better than ours? Should a person keep exploring options like X degree, Y degree Z degree one after the other? or should he focus on earning after a certain extent?

if full life is also used behind gaining education its will be less.... and unko koi farak nai padta...they are here for business only...... but think about our home, parents,  etc who worked hard for MAKING US CAS????

bolna aasan hai.... ki vision nai hai... etc etc.!!!! COME on the ground and u will know how hard it is!! FIRST GET THE JOB AND THEN THINK OF BECOMING CEO CFO.... 

Amit Ashok Chawla (Corporate Trainer) (383 Points)
Replied 06 January 2013

Dear abc,

Appreciate your views and understand these well.

Let me share with you that you have yourself answered the question about not getting a job in the market.

We have article-ship which makes us experts in the fields of accounts, tax, audit etc. but these fields are more process / system driven or automated, hence, we lose the battle to survive in industry. ERPs and other systems support the functioanilities well, and can be managed. Someone may argue that computers have taken the jobs, I say yes (fortunately since we have bigger and better things to do now than just filing a return).

There is a need we identnify that article-ships should now go beyond the system-driven numbers, and we spend time and amount in analysing these numbers. Having said that, we (members and students) should be working together to create opportunities within the domain rather than looking for other courses to fulfil our skills. However, this has been the issue so far. Our Institution has become quiet big to understand these small but relevant issues. I am a proud member of the Institute and the happiest day of my life was when my results came out. However, I realise that the life is actually more difficult when you have cleared CA. People have great expectations from you and you do not even know about these. Hence, people today are looking for global courses to enhance their practical knowledge, and probaby right to do so.

Legt me put your words in the discussion - "SILLY HR MANAGERS POST JOBS & DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT ARTICLESHIP TEACHES US & WHAT KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE AND WITHOUT EVEN TALKING TO US THEY REJECT OUR APPLICATIONS...SAYING AISE TOH BOHOT AATE HAI....AND DONT EVEN CONSIDER ..."

This is where we should identify the root cause of the problem. I am with you to raise the question to the Institute to change our article-ship structure and include more aspects on employability (say, ERP learning, industry knowledge etc) than just spending 3 years filing return or something.

You may want to believe this that now companies are more willing to hire fresh graduates than fresh CAs.

My justification towards the other global programs runs since these programs are able to create employability opportunities, and has been proven through facts.

Nonetheless, I sincerely believe that CA curriculum needs to undergo gradual change every 4-5 years than just the name of the examination.

Thanks

Amit Ashok Chawla

1 Like

Apudi (Student) (112 Points)
Replied 14 January 2013

if u wanna pursue ca go for indutrial trainee type jobs n if u want to earn quick buck dont mind going for bpos

though learnin wud b maximum in a mid sized ca firm

watever u do try to get associated wid a brand

bigger it is better for u

though findin a good opportunity is a difficult task

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro