Easy Office
LCI Learning

Restricted Refund

Page no : 3

Ali Najer (12 Points)
Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Shankar, 

Thanks for the prompt response. Please help me on my query. In my PAN CARD my name is mentioned as MD ALI NAJER. BUT in pan database it is showing as ALI NAJER MOHAMMED. Now my stus in IT portal is restricted refund. In bank account my name mentioned as MD ALINAJER. NOW please guide me where I needs to do the changes and what changes I needs to do. 

r p shankar rao (bank employee) (104 Points)
Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Ali Najer, since your name is  "Ali Najer Mohammed" in pan data base, get name changed in bank like this. Please check what proof you have given while taking PAN card. Produce the same in bank to get name rectified like what it is there in PAN data base. I think you verify Aadhaar/ voter card/ driving license / passport where your name is full like "Ali Najer Mohammed". Afetr changing name in bank revalidate in IT portal.

Ali Najer (12 Points)
Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Shnkar, 

Thanks for the response. But i don't have any ID proof with the name ALI NAJER MOHAMMED. Please help me here. 

Ali Najer (12 Points)
Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Shnkar, 

Thanks for the response. But i don't have any ID proof with the name ALI NAJER MOHAMMED. Please help me here. 

Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Ali Najer, Go to bank and explain the problem to manager and request him to change name from Mohd to Mohammed.That is the only solution.If this is not possibel open a new bank account preferably in ICICI bank as in some cases i have seen ICICI bank accounts are showing Eligible For Refund even initial is not fully shown in bank account.

Ali Najer (12 Points)
Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Shankar, 

Thanks for the solutions. 

Gowthaman Gunasekaran (10 Points)
Replied 01 August 2023

Hi Ali Najer,

Let me know if after name change your issue is resolving?

@ Shankar: For my friend , His Name is Thirumalai Nambi Sankarapandi. But in IT PAN data base it is showing SANKARA PANDI THIRUMALAI NAMBI. His father name is shown as first name. Do we need to change as per IT PAN Database?  

Replied 01 August 2023

Hi Ali Najer, First ask your friend whether his bank account in IT portal showing as "Restricted refudnd". If it is showing Eligible for refund then no need to worry and don't go for any change. I feel that it is not necessary to go for change in First name in pandata base. If it is  showing Restricted Refund, it is because in PAN data base his name is shown as "Sankara Pandi Thirumalai nambi.. See there is a space gap between Sankara Pandi  & his name Sankarapandi. This gap  makes a difference and it makes bvank account Restricted Refund. In one case of union bank i saw a dot after initial and this made the account Restricted Refund.

SANKARA PANDI THIRUMALAI NAMBI

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/restricted-refund-598894.asp?offs

Devakumar Dhanasingh (2 Points)
Replied 01 August 2023

Hi Ali and Gowthaman,

If the account states :Restricted refund" my advice is try doing the following and wait instead of changing your name

1.File your ITR with correct account number and IFSC code,e-verify it and wait for intimation

2.Since you are saying you are eligible for refund, wait for refund ,2-3 days. after intimation sent to you

3.Since its restricted refund you should get it.If it fails, you will get a message to re-issue refund online. Login  to income tax portal, go to e-tax, click reissue refund, there will be a refund request reflecting there. If the refund request is not showaing wait for 24-48 hrs, after you have got the refund failure.

For reissue refund online you will be asked to authenticate using OTP.

Replied 01 August 2023

As of now my friend got credit of rs 47000 even though his account is showing Restricted refund in IT portal. I doubt for above rs.50000 you may get refund credited to your account. But once refund fails for reason account is marked as "Restricted refund,"there won't be any use requesting  for Refund Reissue unless you account  show as Eligible for refund in IT  portal. Then you have to go to bank and get name changed as per PAN database.After name change in bank you have to revalidate in IT portal as see that it shows as Eligible For Refund in green color. Then only you can request for Refund Reissue.

Vanaraj Baulraj (2 Points)
Replied 03 August 2023

Good Evening all:  I have the similar situation with one of my friends and he generally do not declare his savings upfront to our company and so he normally get more than a lac as a refund every year.  His name is different (initial is expanded) in PAN database as the name the last name to be expanded now-a-days in PAN portal and no single character will be accepted.  So all of his other proofs (Aadhaar/Voter ID, etc) are all with his name and initial.  When he approached bank to change his name as per PAN, from the bank it was said they need 2 ID proofs and no longer PAN is accepted as an ID proof.  So he will have to change is name on Aadhaar and voter ID to make a change in his name on the bank account.  Any suggestion as how to move forward?

Replied 03 August 2023

Hi Vanaraj, my suggestion is ask your friend to check whether his name name is fully shown in any other ID like employee ID or driving license. If nothing is there then better ask him to open an account in ICICI Bank, as I have seen 2 cases where ICICI bank accounts shown as Eligible For Refund in IT portal even though initial is not fully shown in this bank account. Else the other option is to change name in Aadhaar ( I am not sure whether they accept PAN as proof)

Gowthaman Gunasekaran (10 Points)
Replied 09 August 2023

Hi Shankar

For my friend unable to change in any banks as they are asking two proofs other than PAN card, already he have ICICI account (This is also restricted refund) and they also refused to change. Can I ask my friend to change name in PAN card as per bank? Will this resolve the issue?

Replied 09 August 2023

Hi Gowthaman , First of all if your friend refund is less than 50000, he should not worry as refund will get credited even if account is showing Restricted refund. If refund is above that then they might hold refund. Changing name in PAN is not advisable as there we have to write surname also. Can you share me his name as per PAN database (see form 26 AS ) and name as per bank account ( if possible send screen shot of just name as per bank statement (send through personal message so that others won't see). I don't need bank account number but just his name and which bank the account is.

mohamed aashiq (14 Points)
Replied 21 September 2023

DEAR TEAM, no need to change any name in aadhar or pan whoever getting restricted refund....i also got same issue and refund credited my account without any issue.my refund more than 60k..no need to worry , dont follow anyome guidance....cool !!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: