Easy Office
LCI Learning

Restricted Refund

Page no : 2

r p shankar rao (bank employee) (104 Points)
Replied 24 June 2023

No mail address is not an issue for Restricted Refund.However your phone number or E-mail in bank should be same in IT portal which enables for EVC enabled bank account. EVC enabled will help you in E-verification of your return. Ofcourse you can also E-verify through Aadhaar OTP subject to condition that your mobile number is feeded in Aadhaar data base.For Restricted refund only name in bank should match with name in PAN data base.

18G027 - DEEPAKRAJA M - TCE (6 Points)
Replied 06 July 2023

Hi sir, 

I have an pan , aadhar and sbi account. all have a same name with initial as Deepakraja M. recently i update my aadhar where my name is changed also as Deepakraja M. what can do now

Replied 06 July 2023

I think in PAN database your initial M is shown fully. Don't see name in PAN Card as there is a limit for no of characters to be printed on PAN card. For name in PAN database see Form 26AS, or last year IT return. Your name in bank account should be same as per PAN database, then only restricted refund will be changed to eligible for refund. After getting name changed in bank, you have to revalidate bank account in IT portal.

Replied 06 July 2023

but they are asking a proof to add a fullname in bank account like presented in database. In recent aadhar name didn't printed as fullname.

Replied 06 July 2023

You check any document like voter card,driving license, passport which contains your full name  ( I mean your surname "M"). Submit that in bank to get name changed. Also you don't worry even though Restricted Refund is there you can get refund upto Rs.50000/-(One of my friend got refund of Rs.47000 in his restricted refund account). You should worry only if your refund is above rs.50000/-.If you have any other bank account then add that in IT portal.

Replied 06 July 2023

Ok! thank you sir...

Ali Najer (12 Points)
Replied 26 July 2023

Hi all i am also facing the same issue like restricted refund in bank account details. My refund amount is 92k there is a name  mismatch between PAN databe and bank account data. Can i get the refund or I need to visit the bank and needs to be do the name changes 

Replied 26 July 2023

As of now i have seen refunds below Rs.50000/- got credited for bank accounts with Restricted Refund. I doubt whether they send refund to your bank account. My suggestion is to get name changed in bank account by giving proof like aadhaar/Voter card/Driving license where your name matches with pandata base. After name changed in bank revaliodate your bank account in Income tax portal and then nominate it for refund.

Navaneetha Krishnan G (43 Points)
Replied 28 July 2023

In Aadhaar also there is no full name. It shows the name S/o Father name. But Banks were not taking this as a consideration. Banks will not accepting the PAN or 26AS or Form 16 as a proof. I don't know why this ITR portal creating different issues every year.

Navaneetha Krishnan G (43 Points)
Replied 28 July 2023

As of my knowledge maximum number of people name will not match with PAN data base. Because in PAN it consist of Father name & our name. Whereas in other documents or records it only has the Name and initial even in Aadhar. I think it is a glitch in ITR portal. As usual they are creating unique in the Portal. If there is mismatch how the PAN & Aadhar get linked? It's a glitch, Please everyone address this issue with PMO, FMO in twitter so that they will take necessary action.

Replied 28 July 2023

It is not a glitch in portal. If in Aadhaar your initial is not fully mentioned it is the mistake of person who has feeded the data. In earlier days linking pan and aadhaar was not done checking name. Only this year they are checking name in bank with pan data base. If that is not matched they are marking bank account as Restricted refund. However even in Restricted refund account refund up to Rs.50000 is being credited. But when people take PAN with full name they must have produced some proof which shows our full name. You have to produce the same in bank to get changed your full name. As far as i have seen in Hyderabad Aadhaar contains full name including our Initial.

Gowthaman Gunasekaran (10 Points)
Replied 30 July 2023

Hi Guys, Mine is 85k Refund, and stuck at Return processing stage for long time. Is is due to Restricted refund? If I add any other bank account it gets Pan IFSC linkage failure error but PAN card is linked to that bank accounts. Not sure how can I rectify this. Can someone tell me?

Replied 30 July 2023

Hi Gowthaman, Restricted Refund is applicable only your return is processed and refund is issued. Just check IT portal whether your return is in process and not kept for processing. PAN-IFSC linkage fails is for 2 reasons 1.PAN is not linked in your account, 2.IF you wrongly feed IFSC code of your bank branch. Confirm with branch what is the IFSC code.Since many banks are merged and also after merger some nearby branches are merged IFSC codes are changed.Check that and revalidate the account. Another option is remove bank account and add it again.It gets validated.

Gowthaman Gunasekaran (10 Points)
Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Shankar,

I have added my other bank accounts and all showing restricted refund. In IT portal it is showing on 3rd stage "Return processing;'' for long time. I dint receive any mail or message as my return is issued. 

Replied 31 July 2023

Hi Gowthaman, Is there a green tick mark on the 3rd stage  i.e; Return Processing. If tick is not there then it means return has not kept for processing. The solution for Restricted Refund is to first ascertain how is your name in PAN database. For this see Form 26as or Profile page in IT portal or see your ITR form (ITR-1/ITR-2) what ever it may be. Then see bank statement or passbook how your name is there. If it does not matches give proof like Aadhaar/Voter card/Driving license and get it changed. As of now i saw my friends getting refund credited upto 50000/- (like rs.47000 and Rs.44000).I think they may keep pending your refund (As you said (85K) if Restricted Refund is there. Only after Eligible for refund you have apply for Refund Reissue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: