Easy Office
LCI Learning

REPLACE CPT WITH PE 1

Page no : 3

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 07 October 2010

yup...i have mentioned this incident earlier which i would like to repeat.....

a guy next to me in cpt exams answered all questions by tossing coin on head and tail basis....(trust me he didnt have any idea about the subject)...and he cleared the exam with 120 marks....

this is a common case among students who pass with around 100-120 marks...50% of them are not qualified to be in the course(without hurting anyone's sentiments)

just imagine what would happen to such people in ipcc???

I just want ICAI to maintain the standard of CA course....eventually the ones who are not fit for the course will either drop out themselves after they look at the prodigious amount of course at higher levels or the institute is gonna scrap them in the exams....

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 07 October 2010

becoz of the level of cpt these days many students join the course just after passing appearing for 12th boards..so that they can utilize the 3 months they are idle before declaration of results even though they dont have any intention of becoming a CA or continuing with the course...thats not good for the reputation of ICAI...

Vishal D. Darji (Qualified CA and CS) (162 Points)
Replied 07 October 2010

Hello,

If the guy has tossed coins and passed, I dont think he must have cleared IPP/ PCC as the case must be.

Also, looking positively, if the guy had passed once by-fluke, he must be taking things seriously this time around and preparing his best to see through IPCC/ PCC.

Thanks

<<Vishal>> 

(Guest)

this is a very good issue  by Mr.Black berry........replace CPT with PE1

CA.G.Muguntha Narayanan (Internal Auditor at TVS Motors)   (2195 Points)
Replied 08 October 2010

CA should always be a persons destiny. It must not be an alternative. Eg. A person failing in B.E. entrance and opting CA. Generally, science guys think that CA is very easy. So they keep our prestigous course as their last alternative. this practise should be changed. My seniors, who completed CA were all from science stream. But they wrote P.E.-I, got the grip in the subject and then appeared for Inter. This helped them to clear Inter and Final very easily. They started from scratch in P.E.-I and completed final. All have said that P.E.-I was very useful for them in grasping accounts knowledge. That too, we learnt P..E.-i for one year (as against the 3 months or 6 months for CPT). SO we were forced to go deep into the subjects. This has helped many to gain sufficient knowledge. But, CPT also is equally good. People who take up CPT seriously get through inter easily. People who rely on short cut methods (as said by Sneha above- heads or tails) may complete CPT easily, but may find it difficult to finish inter

Ankit Mundra (CA Final Student B.Com L.L.B. (3rd Year))   (129 Points)
Replied 12 October 2010

well.. well well..

i do not completely agree with those who suggested that CPT should be abolished...

i suggest that  the "difficulty level" of CPT needs to be increased (and that increase should be more than 100% of the current level)

the reason of my support of CPT is that now a days.. all the competetive exams have Miltiple Choise Questions. Even IIT's take IIT-JEE in this form... and i'm sure.. nobody can challange its level.

The main aim behind the examinaiton should be to test the basic knowledge level as well as his/her grip over the subject.

People... change is inevitable.. you need to accept it.. CPT is a change..we cannot go back to the premitive age of PE-1 or CA Foundation. Please note.. PE-1 and Foundation exams could also be cleared by mugging.

CPT has attracted a remarkable number of students to this course..

i also want to state that CPT has also helped in making CA a glamourus course ;)

1 Like

kalyan (chartered accountant) (62 Points)
Replied 01 February 2011

I WAS JOINED IN CA..IN 2005...I WROTE MY FIRST ATTEMPT IN 2006 MAY..PE1...I FAILED BECAUSE OF AGGREGATE MARKS...ALTHOUGH I PASSED IN ALL SUBJECTS WITH ABOVE 40....SECOND TIME ALSO SAME....

THEN I JOINED IN CPT....I WROTE MY 1ST CPT ATTEMPT IN 2007 FEBRUARY....AND I WROTE RECENTLY IN DECEMBER 2010...TILL NOW TOTAL 11 CPTS I WROTE....MY MARKS ARE ALWAYS BETWEEN 90&99....MOST OF THE TIMES I GOT 97 AND 98 TOO....I PREPARED VERY WELL EVERY TIME....BECOZ OF THIS IM VERY DISTURBED N GOT FRUSTATION....

BASICALLY IM FROM COMMERCE BACKGROUND...I GOT 91% IN MY INTER...I PUT A LOT OF HARDWORK TO COMPLETE MY CPT AT EACH ATTEMPT BUT IT NOT HAPPENED TILL NOW...SO I DECEIDED TO JOIN OTHER COURSE...BUT THE PAIN IN MY HEART ALWAYS WHY I WAS NOT PASSED CA.CPT...BECOZ OF DAT IM NT ABLE TO CONCENTRATE ON OTHER COURSES PROPERLY WITH THIS FAILURE....IM MENTALLY DISURBED...IM TRYING  TO LEAVE CA..NOW

SO MANY STUDENTS ARE FAILED DUE TO THIS GAMBLE CPT...DIFFERENCE OF 1 OR 2 MARKS I SEEN MORE STUDENTS..SOME STUDENTS WHO GIVEN TIME PASS ATTEMPT HAD PASSED......SO TOTALLY LUCK ...

I THOUGHT ITS MY BAD LUCK...IF THE OLD MODEL OF PE1 IS OPTED AGAIN IT WILL BE BEST FOR ALL STUDENTS .....IN MY OPINION...

IS CA IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ME....WHY ALL THESE IS HAPPENING...

CPT SHOULD BE BANNED OR SHOULD BE REPLACED WITH PE-1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: